VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    diff situation here...

I have like episodes of Coach on dvd, but they are on diff dvd's with other things...i would like to combine all the coach episodes from those others onto 1 dvd.

now i can copy the vts files for each one to my hard drive in a video_ts directory. My question is what software or how do I then create a menu that will link to each of the vts files and play them on settop once i burn them to dvd? Looking for something simple if it is out there....
    All i have are vts files..diff ones, and need to create a menu that will link to each episode in the video_ts directory..thanks..t
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    TMPGEnc DVD Author > Add DVD Video. You may have to rip the DVDs either in IFO mode or rip all files so that it picks up the VIDEO_TS folder and the titlesets within properly.
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi and thanks..
    i forgot to mention that i would prefer not to have to re encode the video as it is not the best as it is now..t.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    TDA does not re-encode.
    "Art is making something out of nothing and selling it." - Frank Zappa
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ok thanks guys...much appreciated..will give it a shot....tried dvdshrink and it did some encoding even tho they did not need shrinking..t
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    uh..please more help..these are vob files, and TDA does not recognize them....any ideas? thanks..t
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If they don't need compressing, then Shrink's encoding message is telling you that it is rewriting the DVD structure based on your changes. It isn't recompressing or changing the video at all. It is a little misleading, I agree.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Use the Add File button, then change the "Files of type" dropdown to say "All Files". Then you can add the VOBs directly. The way I described assumes that you have the IFOs.
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanks guns..that was a need to know for me...that may be my best way...

Jim, i tried that and it came up saying it cannot open the ifo file...so I put the original disk in and hit add video and it asks which of the ones on it to add..i select and when it goes to put it on hdd, it renames it as mpg instead of vob....t
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    OK, I thought that might happen. I've only ever used it after ripping the entire disc to my HD - I know it works that way for sure. You nominate your VIDEO_TS folder on your HDD, then select your title number.

That said, it sounds like it's just caching it to your HDD. Does it show up as a clip ?
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It has extracted the mepg video for just that episode. That's OK. Once you have added the episodes you want, and added the menus, it will create a new set of vobs based on the structure of the new DVD you have created.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ok i will copy to the hdd as mpegs...it won't change the quality tho, right? thanks both of you, this is great help..t
    Quote Quote