VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    How will I make an AVCD with menus? Some recording artists in our country sells Audio VCDs - how do they do that? Is it also possible that it has menus?

I would like to test out Audio VCDs in my band's indie album.

Please help. thanks!
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    The term AVCD means different things to different people.

It could be...

1. An Enhanced AudioCD (aka CDExtra, CDPlus). This disc is a standard Audio CD burned as 1st session, then ISO data track burned as 2nd (last) session. To do this you would need to create a menued app through a number of ways (Flash, Director, iShell, Quicktime, many many others) and have that and its support files (including AUTORUN.INF if desired) as part of the ISO filesystem.

2. A standard compliant VideoCD, with added AudioCD tracks at the end. All 1 session. 1st track (and maybe 2nd, 3rd, etc) would be VideoCD material, with remaining tracks being Audio. Depending on player, you probably would have to skip past the non-Audio tracks. Menu stuff would be created with usual photo editor and tools like VCDEasy, VCDImager, VCDToolkit, etc. Then, unless doing it all in VCDToolkit or Videopak/WinOnCD, VideoCD part would be saved as CUE/BIN, with the CUE later edited to include separate audio tracks. The result would be burned with the usual burners--CDRWIN, Nero, Fireburner, etc.

3. Something altogether different...

HTH,
    Scott
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Cornucopia
    The term AVCD means different things to different people.

It could be...

1. An Enhanced AudioCD (aka CDExtra, CDPlus). This disc is a standard Audio CD burned as 1st session, then ISO data track burned as 2nd (last) session. To do this you would need to create a menued app through a number of ways (Flash, Director, iShell, Quicktime, many many others) and have that and its support files (including AUTORUN.INF if desired) as part of the ISO filesystem.

2. A standard compliant VideoCD, with added AudioCD tracks at the end. All 1 session. 1st track (and maybe 2nd, 3rd, etc) would be VideoCD material, with remaining tracks being Audio. Depending on player, you probably would have to skip past the non-Audio tracks. Menu stuff would be created with usual photo editor and tools like VCDEasy, VCDImager, VCDToolkit, etc. Then, unless doing it all in VCDToolkit or Videopak/WinOnCD, VideoCD part would be saved as CUE/BIN, with the CUE later edited to include separate audio tracks. The result would be burned with the usual burners--CDRWIN, Nero, Fireburner, etc.

HTH,
    Scott
    Is the version of VCDEasy free to do that? I don't get how to use VCDImager :P please help! I don't know my way around VCDImager. :P Is VCDToolkit free? :P

please help!
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    VCDEasy was free up until v1.5.2, IIRC. You can't get that from the author's site anymore, but I believe it is still out there on the net. I went ahead and spent the ~$20 US and got the commercial version (now up to v3.0.2) and it was well worth it.

VCDToolkit is free and still available on the CD-I website. Look in the TOOLS section <--.

If you need for info that those html and pdf materials supplied at the VCDImager site, check out Michael Tam's website. He has officially closed it, but I believe it's still reachable. http://www.michaeltam.com
    *****EDIT*****
    You are now redirected toward here! https://www.videohelp.com/~vitualis
    Yes, VCDImager works very well and many apps use its engine (VCDEasy included), but it isn't EASY to the novice.

HTH,
    Scott
    Quote Quote  
  5. You can get the last freeware version of VCDEasy from VideoHelp here: https://www.videohelp.com/download/VCDEasy_v1.1.5.2_Setup.exe

If you like it, consider buying the latest version and support the author (it's not me so I'm not pluging myself).

Regards.
    Michael Tam
    w: Morsels of Evidence
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks and sorry for the very late reply - i'm only 28.8k internet prepaid card so...oh well

Anyway, have another question - what I mean about making AVCD with menus is that there is a part of the menu in the VCD that links to the audio files. I've already seen a product that does that - how'd they do that?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    For something like that, where a menu selection goes to a RedBook (CDDA) audio track and then returns to the menu, is quite rare but should be workable if you have an authoring app that explicitly supports RedBook tracks. Only ones I know of for sure--Philips VCDToolkit, Cequadrat (Roxio) VideoPak and WinOnCD. And the last 2 may be cutting corners with compliance, I'm not sure. You shouldn't go wrong with VCDToolkit, but the user interface is soooooooo antiquated, and you have to jump through hoops to get a workable disc image.
    This is complicated, so make sure you have everything verified as being by-the-book.

Good luck,

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have used the free version of Tmpgenc along with a template file called "kevins-audioVCD.mcf". This combination will allow you to make a 6 hour (depending on mp3 file size) Audio VCD using MP3's with full VCD menu. I think the limit is 99 songs per disc though, but works good. You will need to burn the VCD "Out of Spec" with Nero or your favorite cd burn software.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Yes, that's a good template and a nice way to layout an Audio-focused VCD, but most of the postings here have been about what's been termed "AVCD", referring to CD's that play the audio both as VCD's in a DVD/VCD player, and as AudioCD's in an AudioCD player. Your suggestion works for the former, but not for the latter, unless you duplicate your media--mp2 files as VCD segment items and RedBook audio as Audio Tracks.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    For something like that, where a menu selection goes to a RedBook (CDDA) audio track and then returns to the menu, is quite rare but should be workable if you have an authoring app that explicitly supports RedBook tracks. Only ones I know of for sure--Philips VCDToolkit, Cequadrat (Roxio) VideoPak and WinOnCD. And the last 2 may be cutting corners with compliance, I'm not sure. You shouldn't go wrong with VCDToolkit, but the user interface is soooooooo antiquated, and you have to jump through hoops to get a workable disc image.
    This is complicated, so make sure you have everything verified as being by-the-book.

Good luck,

Scott
    so that means, to achieve what I had in mind to make an AVCD, it is suggested that I would use VCDtoolkit - but damn - i saw the interface - oh my golly god - the GUI looks very old. I'm gonna try to use WinOnCD. But can I still use VCDEasy (it's still the best) to make the linking and vcd menu editing? but now, how can i add the CDDA tracks? o man, i'm lost :P
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    If you don't want to tackle VCDToolkit (and I can cerainly understand why), or even WinOnCD/Videopak, my suggestion to you would be to use duplicate material (well almost...mp2 vs redbook wav) using mp2 audio clips as segment items (Track 1 "SEGMENT\ITEM####.DAT") for material within the VCD structure, and redbook (LPCM wave-type) audio tacked on for the audio structure.
    This can be done in VCDEasy, and I'm actually finishing next week this very type of project for my work (VoiceOver talent Sampler/Demo disc).

HTH and good luck,

Scott
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you don't want to tackle VCDToolkit (and I can cerainly understand why), or even WinOnCD/Videopak, my suggestion to you would be to use duplicate material (well almost...mp2 vs redbook wav) using mp2 audio clips as segment items (Track 1 "SEGMENT\ITEM####.DAT") for material within the VCD structure, and redbook (LPCM wave-type) audio tacked on for the audio structure.
    This can be done in VCDEasy, and I'm actually finishing next week this very type of project for my work (VoiceOver talent Sampler/Demo disc).
    so that means, i will just encode the wav files into mp2 audio and drag it straight to vcdeasy? but then, will it still be an audio cd? and also, there is some AVCD that I have that when the audio is selected in the VCD, the menu stays and the audio plays - though it is copy from a friend, he doesn't know how the maker did it but he also copied it (:P a Morning Musume AVCD)
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Mp2 audios are elementary streams. I usually encode the mp2 audio as Audio-only mpg1 system streams. If your encoder can't do that, you can always encode to mp2 and then do a mux separately (1 audio file by itself). Right off the top of my head, I can't remember whether VCDEasy likes elementary audio or systemstream audio.

What you're talking about w/ the menu sounds like the trick you can do with VCD PBC playback that works on most systems (but not all). You can find more info about that on one of my previous posts--but it's a long one. Do a search for "slideshow" and "audio" or something similar.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Re: duplicating tracks, let me give you a sample disc layout...

Code:
    Track1 (ISO9660,CDXA Mode2Forms1&2)

[SEGMENT] (folder)
         ITEM0001.DAT
         ITEM0002.DAT
         ITEM0003.DAT
         ITEM0004.DAT
    [VCD] (folder)
         INFO.VCD
         ENTRIES.VCD
         PSD.VCD
         LOT.VCD
    [MPEGAV] (folder)
         AVSEQ01.DAT
    [EXT] (folder)
         PSD_X.VCD
         LOT_X.VCD
         SCANDATA.DAT
    [CDI] (folder)
         CDI_VCD.APP (or similar file)
         CDI_BUM.RTF (or similar file)
         CDI_VCD.FNT (or similar file)

Track2 (MPEGAV, CDXA Mode2Form2)

Track3 (Redbook/CDDA/Audio track)

Track4 (Redbook/CDDA/Audio track)

Track5 (Redbook/CDDA/Audio track)
    In this case, if put in a VCD/DVD player (with PBC on), there would be an opening menu (ITEM0001.DAT) with 3 selections (ITEMs 0002, 0003, and 0004.DAT) and a 4th selection that would "play all". Each audio clip would have an accompanying still picture (mp2 + m1v muxed to mpg1). These would finish and return to the main menu. With DVD/VCD players that allow track searching, and/or with PBC turned off, you could also access the MPEGAV/AVSEQ01.DAT file (aka Track2) which is the "Turn on your PBC!" disclaimer video, as well as (possibly) the 3 audio tracks (which are Uncompressed LPCM duplicates of the mp2 audio items).

If this disc were put in a Audio CD player, you would skip tracks1 & 2, and then listen to the 3 audio tracks.

Hope that clears some things up,

Scott

>>>>>>>>>>>
    edit: Actually, with PBC off, you wouldn't see the PBC menu or audio/still items, just the disclaimer--that's why it's there.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    whooo...cool! i can see the avcd structure you made, but I still don't get it how you did that.

i asked the one who made the avcd i first encountered (with clip on the vcd, etc) - he said he used WinOn CD.

but i am much impressed on how you did the avcd, i'll try experimenting. thanks! i'm gonna ask more after i several tests.

edit: i still don't get the 'redbook' you would literally mux the audio file into a still mpeg file? what softwares did you use to make that avcd?

thanks again!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by zeldAIS
    whooo...cool! i can see the avcd structure you made, but I still don't get it how you did that.

i asked the one who made the avcd i first encountered (with clip on the vcd, etc) - he said he used WinOn CD.

but i am much impressed on how you did the avcd, i'll try experimenting. thanks! i'm gonna ask more after several tests.

edit: i still don't get the 'redbook'. you would literally mux the audio file into a still mpeg file? what softwares did you use to make that avcd?

thanks again!
    oops..double post :P my bad, my bad
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I had WinOnCD on an older machine. Once I moved it to a new machine, it started in with a bunch of bugs, so there may be some OS incompatibilities there (Win9x vs. XP). Don't have time to sort that out right now, but later on I'll set up a swappable boot partition to get it working right on its own.

Anyway, try this (for my example to work):

1. Create your 704x480 (or 640x480) still pictures in Photoshop, etc. save as BMP.
    2. Get your 3 wav files together (should be 16bit, 44100Hz, stereo, LPCM)
    3. Get VCDEasy.
    4. Use Still picture encoder in the Tools section of that app to convert the 4 (Menu + 3 audio-accompanying-stills) BMPs to MPG (might use MPV or M2V extension, etc)
    5. Get TMPGEnc.
    6. Convert 3 WAV files to MP2 audio-only files (elementary stream, NOT muxed system stream)--should be Mpeg1Layer2, 44100Hz, stereo, ~224kbps.
    7. Using MPEG tools section of that app, Demultiplex the stills to their elementary video (M1V) and then Multiplex (as MPG1 VideoCD) together still picture with audio (MP2). You can try either the low rez or hi rez or both. Get new MPG.
    8. Back in VCDEasy, set up type of disc as VCD 2.0 with PBC interactivity. Import menu MPG and 3 newly-muxed clip MPGs. All should be SEGMENT ITEMS (unchecked), not SEQUENCE ITEMS.
    9. Link up the way you want them to with the menu. For now, COMPLETELY IGNORE the Redbook tracks--concentrate only on making a standard-type VCD.
    10. Notice in the ISO tab that VCDEasy has already created that additional "Disclaimer Video" sequence item for you. It does so automatically when you import only SEGMENT ITEMS into a VCD 2.0/PBC disc.
    11. Add whatever additional files you may desire (autorun, documentation, etc) and create a disc image (Burn to BIN/CUE)
    12. Open up cue in text editor or CDRCUE, etc. and now add the 3 WAV files as 3 additional tracks at the end. Make sure to include 2 second PostGap on end of MPEG track (if it's not there already) and a 3 second PreGap on 1st of 3 wav tracks, with 2 second PreGap on subsequent tracks. That'll make it more conformant with mixed mode specs and be more compatible with players. Save Cue.
    13. Burn the BIN/CUE. Done.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Cornucopia, so far - thanks a lot! you've been a big help...Though these are my questions on your instructions. I finished making the AVCD, haven't burned it yet though.

Note: I'm at a net shop - so I can't bring the AVCD i finished. :P

I had WinOnCD on an older machine. Once I moved it to a new machine, it started in with a bunch of bugs, so there may be some OS incompatibilities there (Win9x vs. XP). Don't have time to sort that out right now, but later on I'll set up a swappable boot partition to get it working right on its own.
    I have also acquired WinOn CD 6 Power Edition - i don't get how to use it to make an interactive AVCD. help. please :P

7. Using MPEG tools section of that app, Demultiplex the stills to their elementary video (M1V) and then Multiplex (as MPG1 VideoCD) together still picture with audio (MP2). You can try either the low rez or hi rez or both. Get new MPG.
    what setting will I preferably use? it has two settings when I would demux it, the larger or the smaller picture? (though I used the larger picture in what i made so far)

9. Link up the way you want them to with the menu. For now, COMPLETELY IGNORE the Redbook tracks--concentrate only on making a standard-type VCD.
    umm..but the menu of the AVCD i'm making has links to the Audio part of the AVCD - do i still ignore the Redbook (i still don't get this term though - is it the Audio part?)?

10. Notice in the ISO tab that VCDEasy has already created that additional "Disclaimer Video" sequence item for you. It does so automatically when you import only SEGMENT ITEMS into a VCD 2.0/PBC disc.
    where is this Disclamer Video? i didn't saw it :P is it because i'm using the last free edition of VCDEasy?

12. Open up cue in text editor or CDRCUE, etc. and now add the 3 WAV files as 3 additional tracks at the end. Make sure to include 2 second PostGap on end of MPEG track (if it's not there already) and a 3 second PreGap on 1st of 3 wav tracks, with 2 second PreGap on subsequent tracks. That'll make it more conformant with mixed mode specs and be more compatible with players. Save Cue.
    huh? I don't get this part. I saw tracks after tracks in my notepad when i opened the cue. How will I enable it to be played in an CD-DA Player? can you please give an example how to edit it, so that i would understand more

please help. thanks!

Ais

Edit: I've tried to play the audio part of the image (using Alcohol) in my winamp - it doesn't play. instead some static sounds are playing.help!!!

how will I edit this? (finally bought a net card to connect here at home )
    Code:
    FILE "C:\Ais\DVD Images\AVCD\AKFG.bin" BINARY
      TRACK 01 MODE2/2352
        FLAGS DCP
        INDEX 01 00:00:00
      TRACK 02 MODE2/2352
        FLAGS DCP
        INDEX 00 00:09:33
        INDEX 01 00:11:33
        INDEX 02 04:18:33
        INDEX 03 10:00:63
        INDEX 04 15:20:40
        INDEX 05 19:13:09
        INDEX 06 22:59:57
        INDEX 07 27:20:50
      TRACK 03 MODE2/2352
        FLAGS DCP
        INDEX 00 32:55:70
        INDEX 01 32:57:70
      TRACK 04 MODE2/2352
        FLAGS DCP
        INDEX 00 37:45:05
        INDEX 01 37:47:05
      TRACK 05 MODE2/2352
        FLAGS DCP
        INDEX 00 41:46:20
        INDEX 01 41:48:20
      TRACK 06 MODE2/2352
        FLAGS DCP
        INDEX 00 46:25:05
        INDEX 01 46:27:05
      TRACK 07 MODE2/2352
        FLAGS DCP
        INDEX 00 50:10:61
        INDEX 01 50:12:61
      TRACK 08 MODE2/2352
        FLAGS DCP
        INDEX 00 56:29:67
        INDEX 01 56:31:67
      TRACK 09 MODE2/2352
        FLAGS DCP
        INDEX 00 59:10:27
        INDEX 01 59:12:27
      TRACK 10 MODE2/2352
        FLAGS DCP
        INDEX 00 63:31:37
        INDEX 01 63:33:37
      TRACK 11 MODE2/2352
        FLAGS DCP
        INDEX 00 67:40:73
        INDEX 01 67:42:73
      TRACK 12 MODE2/2352
        FLAGS DCP
        INDEX 00 71:36:54
        INDEX 01 71:38:54
      TRACK 13 MODE2/2352
        FLAGS DCP
        INDEX 00 75:52:49
        INDEX 01 75:54:49
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Ok, after reading your post, I went ahead and made one using the steps I gave you. Well, there were a few things missing:

1--when demuxing, I used the Large picture (704x480).
    2--when re-muxing, I used the Multiplex tab, streamtype of MPEG1-VideoCD Non-Standard
    3--VCDEasy has bug, doesn't correctly switch from sequence to segment with this type of stream, so what you need to do is Generate an XML only.

Then,
    edit the XML to have the segments actually be listed as segments.

Here is an example of a ColdPlay compilation I was playing around with--1st, the original XML...
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0"?>
    <!DOCTYPE videocd PUBLIC "-//GNU//DTD VideoCD//EN" "http://www.gnu.org/software/vcdimager/videocd.dtd">

<videocd xmlns="http://www.gnu.org/software/vcdimager/1.0/" class="vcd" version="2.0">
      <option name="relaxed aps" value="false"/>
      <info>
        <album-id>COLDPLAY_VCD</album-id>
        <volume-count>1</volume-count>
        <volume-number>1</volume-number>
        <restriction>0</restriction>
      </info>
      <pvd>
        <volume-id>COLDPLAY_VCD</volume-id>
        <system-id>CD-RTOS CD-BRIDGE</system-id>
        <application-id>CDI/CDI_VCD.APP;1</application-id>
        <preparer-id/>
        <publisher-id>VCDEASY_V300</publisher-id>
      </pvd>
      <filesystem>
        <folder>
          <name>CDI</name>
          <file src="C:\Program Files\VCDEasy\Cdi\CDI_IMAG.RTF" format="mixed">
            <name>Cdi_imag.rtf</name>
          </file>
          <file src="C:\Program Files\VCDEasy\Cdi\CDI_TEXT.FNT">
            <name>Cdi_text.fnt</name>
          </file>
          <file src="C:\Program Files\VCDEasy\Cdi\CDI_VCD.APP">
            <name>CDI_VCD.APP</name>
          </file>
          <file src="C:\Program Files\VCDEasy\Cdi\CDI_VCD.CFG">
            <name>CDI_VCD.CFG</name>
          </file>
        </folder>
      </filesystem>
      <segment-items>
        <segment-item src="U:\Scott Warren\Downloads\mp3\Coldplay_Main.mpg" id="Segment-0001"/>
      </segment-items>
      <sequence-items>
        <sequence-item src="U:\Scott Warren\Downloads\mp3\coldplay_clocks-AV.mpg" id="Sequence-0002-01">
          <default-entry id="Chapter-0002-01"/>
        </sequence-item>
        <sequence-item src="U:\Scott Warren\Downloads\mp3\coldplay_spies-AV.mpg" id="Sequence-0003-01">
          <default-entry id="Chapter-0003-01"/>
        </sequence-item>
        <sequence-item src="U:\Scott Warren\Downloads\mp3\coldplay_dont_panic-AV.mpg" id="Sequence-0004-01">
          <default-entry id="Chapter-0004-01"/>
        </sequence-item>
        <sequence-item src="U:\Scott Warren\Downloads\mp3\coldplay_yellow-AV.mpg" id="Sequence-0005-01">
          <default-entry id="Chapter-0005-01"/>
        </sequence-item>
        <sequence-item src="U:\Scott Warren\Downloads\mp3\coldplay_speed_of_sound-AV.mpg" id="Sequence-0006-01">
          <default-entry id="Chapter-0006-01"/>
        </sequence-item>
      </sequence-items>
      <pbc>
        <selection id="Selection-000"> 
          <bsn>1</bsn>
          <prev ref="Selection-end"/> 
          <next ref="Selection-001"/> 
          <return ref="Selection-end"/> 
          <wait>-1</wait>
          <loop jump-timing="immediate">1</loop>
          <play-item ref="Segment-0001"/> 
          <select ref="Selection-001"/> 
          <select ref="Selection-002"/> 
          <select ref="Selection-003"/> 
          <select ref="Selection-004"/> 
          <select ref="Selection-005"/> 
        </selection>
        <selection id="Selection-001"> 
          <bsn>1</bsn>
          <prev ref="Selection-000"/> 
          <next ref="Selection-002"/> 
          <return ref="Selection-000"/> 
          <timeout ref="Selection-000"/> 
          <wait>2</wait>
          <play-item ref="Sequence-0002-01"/> 
        </selection>
        <selection id="Selection-002"> 
          <bsn>1</bsn>
          <next ref="Selection-003"/> 
          <wait>2</wait>
          <play-item ref="Sequence-0003-01"/> 
        </selection>
        <selection id="Selection-003"> 
          <bsn>1</bsn>
          <next ref="Selection-004"/> 
          <wait>2</wait>
          <play-item ref="Sequence-0004-01"/> 
        </selection>
        <selection id="Selection-004"> 
          <bsn>1</bsn>
          <next ref="Selection-005"/> 
          <wait>2</wait>
          <play-item ref="Sequence-0005-01"/> 
        </selection>
        <selection id="Selection-005"> 
          <bsn>1</bsn>
          <next ref="Selection-000"/> 
          <wait>2</wait>
          <play-item ref="Sequence-0006-01"/> 
        </selection>
        <endlist id="Selection-end" rejected="true"/>
      </pbc>
    </videocd>
    Now here's the edited section (while I was at it, I added the disclaimer this way)...
    Code:
      <segment-items>
        <segment-item src="U:\Scott Warren\Downloads\mp3\Coldplay_Main.mpg" id="Segment-0001"/>
        <segment-item src="U:\Scott Warren\Downloads\mp3\coldplay_clocks-AV.mpg" id="Sequence-0002-01"/>
        <segment-item src="U:\Scott Warren\Downloads\mp3\coldplay_spies-AV.mpg" id="Sequence-0003-01"/>
        <segment-item src="U:\Scott Warren\Downloads\mp3\coldplay_dont_panic-AV.mpg" id="Sequence-0004-01"/>
        <segment-item src="U:\Scott Warren\Downloads\mp3\coldplay_yellow-AV.mpg" id="Sequence-0005-01"/>
        <segment-item src="U:\Scott Warren\Downloads\mp3\coldplay_speed_of_sound-AV.mpg" id="Sequence-0006-01"/>
      </segment-items>
      <sequence-items>
        <sequence-item src="C:\Program Files\VCDEasy\Extra\PhotoVCD2-NTSC.mpg" id="Sequence-0001">
          <default-entry id="Chapter-0001-01"/>
        </sequence-item>
      </sequence-items>
    Then I burned this to a BIN/CUE. Here is the original CUE file...
    Code:
    FILE "coldplay_vcd.bin" BINARY
      TRACK 01 MODE2/2352
      TRACK 02 MODE2/2352
        INDEX 00 03:59:54
        INDEX 01 04:01:54
    Then I added the Redbook audio tracks (with CDRCue). Here is the revised CUE...
    Code:
    FILE coldplay_vcd.bin BINARY
      TRACK 01 MODE2/2352
        TITLE ColdPlay_VCD_ISO
      TRACK 02 MODE2/2352
        TITLE ColdPlay_VCD_PBCdisclaimer
        INDEX 00 03:59:54
        INDEX 01 04:01:54
        POSTGAP 00:02:00
    FILE C:\TEMP\coldplay_clocks.wav WAVE
      TRACK 03 AUDIO
        PERFORMER ColdPlay
        PREGAP 00:03:00
        TITLE Clocks
    FILE C:\TEMP\coldplay_spies.wav WAVE
      TRACK 04 AUDIO
        PERFORMER ColdPlay
        PREGAP 00:02:00
        TITLE Spies
    FILE C:\TEMP\coldplay_dontpanic.wav WAVE
      TRACK 05 AUDIO
        PERFORMER ColdPlay
        TITLE "Don't Panic"
    FILE C:\TEMP\coldplay_yellow.wav WAVE
      TRACK 06 AUDIO
        PERFORMER ColdPlay
        TITLE Yellow
    FILE C:\TEMP\coldplay_speed_of_sound.wav WAVE
      TRACK 07 AUDIO
        PERFORMER ColdPlay
        TITLE "Speed of Sound"
        POSTGAP 00:02:00
    Note the placed Pregaps and Postgaps--highly recommended for mixed mode discs.

This final CUE (and BIN and WAVES) was burned to CD. It plays exactly like I would hope, EXCEPT I probably should have muxed using a different streamtype, as the audio portion of the mpeg file would have little sector gaps.
    This isn't how I usually make a disc like this. Mine usually have the picture clip as 1 segment, and then I use the audio-only mpeg as a second clip that automatically plays along with the picture, a well-known feature (because of a playback bug) in most VCD/DVD players. If you want to try this method, look at some of my past posts--I went into great length on some.

Now, in answer to your other questions...

1. I don't have WinOnCD v6PE, I have v3.8PE. There are many changes between them, so I don't know how much help I'll be there. Look at the documentation, though...

2. The way I made the disc duplicates the audio. There is the compressed audio that is part of the picture/video that can be linked, and then there is the uncompressed Redbook audio (audio only) that is separate.

To not duplicate, and to have the Redbook audio be linkable, AFAIK you MUST use the Philips VCDTookit. I haven't seen any other app that really does this correctly.

3. Redbook refers to the color of the book that defines the CD Audio standard (strictly audio CDs), just as CDROM was defined by YellowBook, Recordables by OrangeBook, CDI by GreenBook, VideoCD by WhiteBook, and MultisessionEnhancedCDs (CDExtra) by BlueBook, etc.

4. VCDEasy will add the disclaimer if it is given ONLY segment items. However, we gave it sequence items, which we then changed to segment items. This lost the auto-adding capability. Note that I added it via text to the XML above.

5. I think the before/after text above will help. Also, the list of files/folders in the ISO section...
    Code:
    0017358 , V:\CDI\CDI_IMAG.RTF
    0017921 , V:\CDI\CDI_TEXT.FNT
    0017928 , V:\CDI\CDI_VCD.APP
    0017978 , V:\CDI\CDI_VCD.CFG
    0017325 , V:\EXT\LOT_X.VCD
    0017357 , V:\EXT\PSD_X.VCD
    0018129 , V:\MPEGAV\AVSEQ01.DAT
    0000225 , V:\SEGMENT\ITEM0001.DAT
    0000375 , V:\SEGMENT\ITEM0002.DAT
    0004275 , V:\SEGMENT\ITEM0028.DAT
    0008325 , V:\SEGMENT\ITEM0055.DAT
    0010125 , V:\SEGMENT\ITEM0067.DAT
    0013575 , V:\SEGMENT\ITEM0090.DAT
    0000151 , V:\VCD\ENTRIES.VCD
    0000150 , V:\VCD\INFO.VCD
    0000152 , V:\VCD\LOT.VCD
    0000184 , V:\VCD\PSD.VCD

Folders:
    CDI
    EXT
    MPEGAV
    SEGMENT
    VCD
    6. All your tracks are Mode2-it's not surprising that your player plays only static then. Only Track1 (and maybe Track2) should be Mode2, all the rest should be AUDIO tracks. Also, what's with the chapter points on Track2? How was this authored? What app?

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  20. I've made a step-by-step tutorial with images. Just click here.
    Quote Quote