VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Use an all-in-one avi to dvd converer with subtitle support like divxtodvd, avi2dvd, thefilmmachine,diko or dvd2svcd.

or

Convert to dvd compliant mpeg and author with and authoring tool that support switchable subtitles like dvdauthorgui, dvd-lab pro, ulead dvd workshop.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I use iMovie and iDVD to transfer, edit and author DVDs. This suite doesn't support making switchable support. Is there any way that I can add subtitles to video during this method and then author using iDVD?
    PC program is fine as well. to do this intermediate job.

I prefer iLife suite only because the DVD templates that iDVD has are simply awesome.

Many thanks in advance
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    if idvd doesn't support switchable subtitles you can't add it, they are added in the authoring stage.

and it would be better to make a new topic in the mac forum.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm trying to use Tsunami-MPEG DVD Author Pro which is now known as TMPG DVD Author 2. I like this program because of the menus are easy to make and it's just a basic menu. I'm trying to use DVDlab-Pro to add switchable subtitles. But I can't seem to make the same basic menu I can when using Tsunami. On Tsunami I have it to where I have the main menu and the track menus. Each track menu only has 1 video and a different back ground. But on Tsunami I can use the background at only 91% of the original size of the photo so it shows the whole thing on the part that shows where it would be on the tv. On DVDlab it automatically stretches the picture out which I don't want. Is there anyway I can add the create the menu using Tsunami and then add the subtitles using DVDlab pro later on or something like that. I really need help.
    Quote Quote  
  5. divxtodvd is now called convertXtodvd. freeware is dvdflick
    And baldrick, that guide with DVDlab pro is outdated! could u please update to version 23?
    Looking for subtitles of: Höök tt0997023, Lime tt0269480, La clé sur la porte tt0077348. tt=iMDb.com Found Desideria tt0081724 subtitle! :-)
    Quote Quote