hi guys
    you can use for english's subtitle DVDSubEdit
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm using subrip. Is there any way to change the font color or otherwise format the text output. (I'd like to make it a little less bright before buring it into the file)
    Quote Quote  
  4. Not if it's in SRT format. If IDX/SUB, you can change the color (but not the font) using VobSub Configure. If text-based, you can change to (or use SubRip to save to) SSA format and change the font, size, color and a bunch of other things, maybe using SubStation Alpha, before then sending the SSA subs to AutoGK.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi!

I would like to export the timing of an idx/sub in srt format. Is there a fast way to do that?
    The text is not important because it's Japanese. I would like to adjust this srt to a hardsubbed avi and type the subtitle manually then of course adjust it again to the original avi (without hardsub).
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Try to do it with SubtitleCreator. Import your file without OCR (Tools/translate sup or VOBSub to srt) and it will open/write temporary .srt with time code only. Unlike e.g. DVDSubRip, SubtitleCreator imports timings correctly. Copy the created temporary .srt file to somewhere, then type text lines in NotePad.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Alex_ander
    Try to do it with SubtitleCreator. Import your file without OCR (Tools/translate sup or VOBSub to srt) and it will open/write temporary .srt with time code only. Unlike e.g. DVDSubRip, SubtitleCreator imports timings correctly. Copy the created temporary .srt file to somewhere, then type text lines in NotePad.
    Thank you, this seems to work.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I just posted a question here that probably belongs more to this thread, so I'm leaving a note here as well in case it draws more attention.
    Thanks for reading
    Quote Quote  
  9. Delete the post.
    Last edited by Charmer; 10th Aug 2011 at 11:52.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Why does my .srt doesnt match with the ripped video's timing. the subtitles appeared too early..

I'm using DVDsubedit.
    Any suggestion or advice. Thanks
    If Truth is OPTIONAL
    Error is JUSTIFIABLE
    Quote Quote  
  11. If you're using DVDSubEdit, then just delay the subs by the correct amount to get them back in synch. As to why it happened in the first place, since you provided no information you can be given no answer. It may point to an improper decrypt of a recent movie on DVD with a newer copy protection - one that adds in unreferenced cells.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,

I need your help. If somebody of you have DVD of Da Ali G show second season, then continue in reading.

At first I must say I am from Czech Republic and that is why I want the english subtitles from this DVD. I already searched all internet but subtitles for this season are not at any website (only in french or polish, but it do not help me too much).

And it is the reason why I want ask you if you can put the subtitles from DVD to your PC and then send it to me. That is why I write it to this topic because there is manual for convert subtitles to your PC in text file. Maybe I should say that I need this subtitles for translation. When I will have these subs then I will start with translation to Czech, so you can be easy, I will not upload them next.

So, if you are so kind and satisfy these terms I am looking forward to hearing from you.

And if you personally do not have this DVD, also you can ask your friends if they do. You must understand, I do not have many English or American friends and that is why it is difficult for me. But maybe some of your friends have the original DVD of Da Ali G show and then you can instruct him how he can put the subtitles to the PC, according to this help.

Thanks for all
    Excuze me Henglish coz I iz from da Czech Rapublic
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    it doesn't have the best search engine in the world but it does have most subtitles I could find on a subtitles site:
    http://www.allsubs.org//search-subtitle/ali+g+/20
    Quote Quote  
  14. I just revisited this topic because I bought a WD player that only supported .srt subs(until I updated the firmware.) But I just wanted to relate my finding that the new DVDSubEdit surprised me. I did maybe 1/2 dozen DVD subtitle conversions to .srt as noted in the guide at the beginning of this thread and the output was really clean!! I didn't notice any typos to fix at all.

The other "trick" I found was if I happened to have idx/sub subs for an .avi file or whatever, if I used SubToSup, then loaded the .sup file into DVDSubEdit and did the OCR, the .srt export worked just as well.

At least for English subs it seems to work flawlessly. No more typing into OCR pattern recognition gizmos!!

http://milesaheadsoftware.org/
    Fully enabled freeware for Windows PCs.
    Quote Quote  
  15. I am using the DVDSubEdit but I cant seem to be able to edit the OCR error with the text box on the bottom right. It doesnt even let me type anything.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hy! I need help from you guys. I have a subtitles in IDX & SUB. Now normally I use SubRip, but now I have this crazy error. I load my CHMatrix witch has like all sign, but for some reason SubRip doesn't recognize it. Here's the picture
    http://www.shrani.si/?2Q/qe/1GyC3OgD/subrip.png

Anyone knows what could be wrong? it used to work just great, now I can't rip a lot subtitles beacuse of this problem.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    yoco,
    Looking at your screenschot, it seems the height and width might need to be increased; and there's no space between characters.

Try clicking on the "Change text color" button and changing, say, black to white and yellow to say, red, or something to give you apparent space between the characters. That's helped me a few times, but it's been a long time since I've needed to do it so I don't remember the details too well. Play with it and see what happens.

I would also try going to Options...Advanced OCR setup and playing with the line height, character width, and space width settings, if you haven't already. There's a "restore defaults" button there in case you screw something up.

And you might try updating subrip from the 1.40b3 version in you screenshot to 1.50b4, the last version before development stopped (as far as I know,anyway).

If none of this helps, try looking through the subrip thread over on doom9:
    http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=93680
    There's about 30 pages of various problems and their solutions over there.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thnx for reply! I don't get this "Text color". I don't know how to do it right. I'll post on that forum too, maybe I get lucky!
    Quote Quote  
  19. You could have finished in 15 minutes. Just start typing and save a new Character Matrix when done. I guess the one(s) you have already don't have this font.

And your picture doesn't show any 'crazy error', just a letter waiting to be typed in.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Then about this?
    http://www.shrani.si/f/17/121/c8SqEnX/subrip1.png
    If I type a, then next one is still the same
    http://www.shrani.si/f/2f/N0/3mKwbCsn/subrip2.png

I get this a lot!
    Quote Quote  
  21. Originally Posted by yoco
    Then about this?
    Hit the '>>' just above to complete the 'a'.

This does look to be a tricky one, though. You might have to take Squash's advice and fool around in the Advanced OCR setup section. And I had one just tonight where I needed to change the colors to make the job go smoothly. Getting the right combination of colors might open up a gap between the letters.

If you want to RAR up the IDX/SUB and upload it somewhere, one of could have a look for you if you don't get anywhere with it. Or, if it's a well known film, you could probably find subs for it at one of the online subtitle sites. There a list of them in a sticky at the top of the Subtitles Forum.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Here are the files. Hope someone takes a look at it.
    Code:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/331716216/subs.rar.html
    I treid with changing the text color, but then I always have to write all the lines. Is that suppose to be like that?
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Dear friends,

I would thank you if you could kindly help me with a brief intoduction to best hardware and software for HDV capturing, editing and burning especially Blue rays. I am a videographer who needs updating.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    yoco,
    I was able to get them to OCR without too much trouble. What worked for me was to click on "Change text color", then unticking the first and last boxes (black and blue).

Generally in cases like this, you should probably begin OCR without using an existing character matrix. This will keep you from polluting your master matrix file. These subs you posted are not very good (for OCR purposes, anyway) and it's unlikely they'd be used elsewhere. Once you've OCR'ed the first episode, save that matrix with a new file name, like naruto.sum, or whatever, to use later if you come across a similar series. Remember to use the same color settings when you USE the matrix as you did when you CREATED it, maybe make a little note in the matrix folder to remind you.

In case you have more episodes of this series, I've posted the character matrix I created here:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?mgyxqu2jymw
    To use it, you'd just copy it into the Subrip's ChMatrix folder, point to it after you do the "Open VOB" in Subrip. Then choose the IFO (idx, actually), then click Start. Subrip will stop on the first character. Here is where you click on "Change text color" and untick the blue and black boxes (because that's what I did when I created the matrix). When you click Done, OCR will start. I went back and tested it on the sub/idx you posted and it OCR'ed it in a few seconds with no errors.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Originally Posted by turbolover1352
    Dear friends,

I would thank you if you could kindly help me with a brief intoduction to best hardware and software for HDV capturing, editing and burning especially Blue rays. I am a videographer who needs updating.

Thanks
    Sorry, turbolover1352, but this is the wrong thread for what you're asking. Please open your own thread with your question, or at least find one more related to your question, and not one about subtitles.

Way to go, Squash!
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Dear all, I have followed this thread for a while. May I ask this question: At the moment, if you want to convert a non-English language vob sub to srt, do you still have to manually retype each word during the process?

I have Vietnamese subtitles in the idx/sub format and want to convert them to srt. However, retyping seems to take too long.
    Quote Quote  
  27. There are lots of subtitle DB’s in the net and the one I’m telling doesn’t have the best search engine in the world but it does have most subtitles I could find on a subtitles site.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Does DVDSubEdit work for windows 7?
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Does DVDSubEdit work for windows 7?
    werks fer me
    Quote Quote