VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. i ordered 10 packs of memorex double layer dvd's from BUY.COM last wednesday and my order is still at a status of sent to warehouse..

i found out there version of out of stock is sent to warehouse..which is total bullshit considering the items i purchased were in fact in stock and i ordered nextday shipping on them..and i still havent gotten them..

BUY.COM lies in there guidelines they state i will not be charged unless my item is INSTOCK and SHIPS..

well to make a long story short i am out over $100+ dollars and those %#$#ers....told me to call master card to get my funds back!! and they even refused to give me back my money!!!

then the loser asked me if i wanted to wait another week i said no i paid for overnight shipping and this wants me to wait a week just INCASE they get it back instock...WTF was this guy smoking??

for the love of god DO NOT buy any dual layer media from this jerks they are theives and should be shutdown...

i checked buy.com feed'sback and there is a lot of complaints about these guys not sending the product or sending the wrong item on purpose...

BUYER BEWARE!!!!!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Buy.com is known for this, 'selling' items they don't have in stock. It's happened to me as well. Just because they list it as being 'in stock' doesn't mean it actually is with Buy.com.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I too had problems with Buy.com. I bought DVDs from them, but was shipped VHS tapes instead. I also had preordered some DVDs. When I tried to cancel the order I was told that they had already placed the order with their supplier, and it couldn't be canceled. I had to wait until they were sent and then get an RMA number to return them. Needless to say that was the last order I placed with Buy.com.
    It doesn't matter who you vote for. The government always gets in.
    Quote Quote  
  4. You number one mistake was ordering Media from Buy.com. There are a lot more places where you can buy better media for cheaper prices.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Buy.com is worthless.

I once got videotapes instead of CD-Rs. I have no use for VHS Tapes so I had to go through the lengthy process of returning them. The second shipment contained 10 x the amount of CD-R's I had ordered.

I considered that restitution even if it was their mistake. About a week after, I got a letter asking about what I received. What do you think I told them?
    Quote Quote  
  6. I've never had a problem with them.....
    Quote Quote  
  7. I've never had a problem either.Buy.com isn't the only online retailer that makes mistakes...there are many threads here about people getting shafted by meritline.com,supermediastore.com,etc.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Sorry you got screwed, I've personally been shopping at Buy.com problem free for several years now. I recommend them to everyone I know and will continue to do so. The only company I may like as much is Newegg, I'll just go with which ever one is cheaper.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by kenmasters83
    i ordered 10 packs of memorex double layer dvd's from BUY.COM
    On all the ratings sites I checked out sometime ago Buy.com had about a 50/50 love-hate rating. Any company with only 50% satisfied customers should be a tip off.
    Also in some states ( I thought all... maybe not) it is illegal to charge your credit card before the item is shipped.
    Your credit card company or bank should be more than willing to help you.
    Good luck
    NL
    Quote Quote  
  10. I've been ordering from Buy.com for about 5 years now. I've never had a bad experience. Yes, their inventory tracking system is pathetic, and yes, I've had things "sent to warehouse" forever, but they've never charged my card before shipment and I was able to cancel out of stock items. I've never purchased media from them.

Buy.com will pay shipping both ways for defective products. I've had to send items back twice in five years. Both times, they paid shipping both ways.

I continue to be a satisified Buy.com customer, but I never order from them if I must have something in a hurry. For things I need quickly, I use Newegg, but Buy.com's return policy is much better.
    Video Noob
    Quote Quote