VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello One And All!

OK, excuse me if i'm being really stupid but i'm trying to create a VCD with 8 seperate videos (to be honest its a karaoke VCD with 8 tracks as i work for a karaoke company).... i've created a menu and have issued the numeric keys ( 1-8 ) to play the coresponding track title on the menu. I have played around with all different settings for previous, next, return and default but (and here comes my problem).... when the VCD is burnt and ive tried to play it back on my DVD/VCD player connected to my TV, I can never seem to get back to the menu. If i press the menu button on the remote all i get on the TV screen is the DVD players stand by screen and not the menu that i want. Its probably something really easy that i'm overlooking so PLEASE can somebody point me in the right direction.

Thanks guys!
    Quote Quote  
  2. You might want to give some detail about what software you use, how you went about setting up the menus, etc.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok, well the original image for the menu was created in photoshop. Then this was encoded using the MPEG STILLS CREATION. All the 8 tracks along with the new MPEG menu were then imported to VCD AUTHOURING 'MAIN' screen. All the tracks are 'ticked' here apart from the menu as it is a picture. Going onto the INTERACTIVITY part.... PLAY ITEM is set to my menu with play once, wait 20 seconds, then on timeout it goes to the first karaoke track (track 1 on the menu). USE NUMERIC KEYS is ticked and the relevant tracks get assigned to the relevant key numbers. Now with previous, next, default and return, i keep changing these around to see if it makes a difference so i can get the menu to appear when menu is pressed on the remote. And then thats about it... i press GO and it builds it and then it gets burnt. If there is something else that needs to be done please let me know.

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    oh yeah.... and i'm using VCDEASY version 3.0.0 Commercial Version.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Hi!
    If you need help to do something in Video, then there's nothing stupid about that.

Anyway you want to make a VCD. but can't get the Menu button on the remote to work properly. Well, that's because you are making a VCD. The Menu button is for DVD only. However you can assign eiher the Enter button or the Stop button to take you to your menu. That's being done in the Interactivity page.

You can take a look in this guide. Part 6d where it's described. http://www.vcdeasy.org/modules.php?name=_Guides&id=DVDRip_Extract

Hope that will help you.

// Znooky
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    All sorted now! Cheers!
    Quote Quote  
  7. As above.

There is no interactivity for the "menu" key on a VCD. However, you can set the "return" button on a VCD to go back to the menu. On a DVD remote, it may be mapped as menu or as "return" or "level up".

Regards.
    Michael Tam
    w: Morsels of Evidence
    Quote Quote