VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I got this error box popping up after I installed a ATI Tv Wonder (PCI Version).My display adapter uses the Intel 810 Chipset....I don't have a graphics card installed, since I'm not into gaming.Any suggestions? Or should I take this back and get the ATI All In Wonder 128 card?

Robpas
    Quote Quote  
  2. No need to take the capture card back. In fact if you did there is a good reason to suspect that the AIW card would not work anyway. The 810 chipset is notorious for not allowing other vid cards to plug in. You gotta know the right way to do it. You might try one thing. some 810 BIOSs (if you don't know what this is call your computer manufacturer) have an option in them to increase shared video memory. Increase that to max. If it still does not work, search ATI website for more help on it. the 810 chipset for graphics may just be completely incompatible with capturing anything... best of luck to you.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I have a computer with an Intel 810 Chipset (an Emachine) and at first,when I installed my PCI ati tuner card,that same freakin' message came up.I cant remember how I finnally got it to work.So...I recently reinstalled everything on that emachine and what I did was to install DX 8 ,then install the newest driver for that card (NOT the one on the CD) found on the ATI website,THEN install the newest software for it (the video capture program) found on the website and NOT on the CD. This will work,if it doesnt,exchange it for an AIW,only if this doesnt work.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VCDsMakeMoney on 2001-12-15 02:03:16 ]</font>
    Quote Quote