VideoHelp Forum

Poll: Favorite advanced video editor

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by voicupop
    Premiere users have remained wordless after seing/used it.
    Too busy rebooting due to another crash
    Cheers, Jim
    My DVDLab Guides
    Quote Quote  
  2. I have to admit I always go back to avisynth in the end. That is how it is, and how it is going to stay unless an Apple drops from the tree (unlikely event)
    Quote Quote  
  3. AviSynth and Virtual Dub. Great pair. Great price. Very powerful! Lots of free and powerful filters available too.

Darryl
    Quote Quote  
  4. I know you can cut video with VirtualDub but no way does simply cutting sound and picture at the same point and removing chunks make it 'editing' software

Quote from the author of VirtualDub:

"VirtualDub isn't an editor application; it's a pre- and post-processor that works as a valuable companion to one".

http://www.virtualdub.org/features

That's good enough for me LOL.

Don't get me wrong, VirtualDub is fantastic. I use it every day for capture, filtering and frameserving. Vegas for editing I need to lay sound and picture on separate tracks, offset sound, carry it over different visuals, add transitions and titles, mix the soundtrack.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Avisynth. Hands down. Free, very versitile. Works in YUY2 colorspace (and YV12?). Many different filters. I'm an old DOS guy so the "learning curve" is a non factor for the most part.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Vegas.

Sony Vegas / Vegas Movie Studio should not be listed together. A professional NLE should not be grouped with a consumer level NLE.
    Geronimo
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    vegas, vegas, vegas, vegas

5th vote
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ULead Videostudio and ULead Media Studio Pro really should be two separate choices, IMO, as the one is not even remotely in the same league as the other. It's like having a poll for "Favorite word processor" and lumping Wordpad with MS Word XP.
    Quote Quote