VideoHelp Forum

Poll: Favorite MPEG2 Cutter, Joiner

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. MPEG-VCR: fastest scrubbing for coarse location, best use of arrow keys for fine location, reliable audio sync.

VideoRedo: best user interface, good tools for collecting clips. easiest for trimming commercials etc.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Ulead Videostudio - Using smartrender feature
    Quote Quote  
  3. Cuttermaran, tmpgenc plus, Vegas, VideoReDo, tmpgenc mpeg editor, Mainconcept EVE, Virtualdubmod, Ulead DVD MF...whatever happens to be open on the desktop at the time.
    Cheers, Jim
    My DVDLab Guides
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Womble Mpeg2vcr here...
    Also I like Mpeg2Schnitt, but I rarelly use it
    La Linea by Osvaldo Cavandoli
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    Cuttermaran (With TMPGenc) - I can get it spot on where I want it.

Malcolm
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,

NANOPEG EDITOR that comes with HAUPPAUGE WINTV PVR 250. Nice and fluid and easy to use.

Second would be tmpgenc plus

Kevin
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Cuttermaran has some neat features. Nanopeg is cool but only works with Hauppauge capture software installed.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Nanopeg is a royal PITA! Notice I didn't include it in my list above.
    Cheers, Jim
    My DVDLab Guides
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I've been using DVTool, it's worked real good for me so far except for a 2 byte glitch on the default split that I learned to work around long time ago but I rarely need to use it.
    Work for what you need...
    At a job you would do for nothing :beer:
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Womble Mpeg Video Wizard...not listed but easy to use and works every time for me...
    Quote Quote  
  12. Videoredo.

Quick, lite, great support. No sync issues.
    Quote Quote  
  13. I tried Vegas and was NOT excited about it's rendering of the Mpeg2 file. After seeing this poll I figured I would give these others a try.

Cuttermaran works GREAT.

The best part is I don't have to mux and demux the files. It keeps them seperate.

The force is strong with this one.
    Don't give in to DVD2ONE, that leads to the dark side.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Mpeg2Schnitt (it can find and cut commercials often itself)
    Quote Quote  
  15. 1) VideoReDo: excellent support (best i've seen til now), KEEPS MY STREAMS IN SYNC, program does what it promises, very friendly and intuitive user interface, definable thumbnail intervals, AC3 support, audio graph, preview function, advert finder, very good for cutting out commercials, ... did i say that their support is excellent? if you got a problem, you go to their webpage, maybe upload a sample of a problematic mpeg2 file and get an answer within hours
    that's my favorite. definitely.

2) TmpgEnc Mpeg Editor: good competition to VideoReDo, got audio sync issues with it, bad support, you have to buy AC3 support separately (which SUCKS!), periodical license activation system ( this SUCKS THE MOST)

3) Mpeg2Vcr: unfriendly user interface, though most gop fixes work i still had some audio sync problems with some streams, this program WAS a very good editor, but the creators slept and let time pass by

Cuttermaran & Mpeg2Schnitt: free but buggy

TmpgEnc Plus (File->Mpeg tools): well, compared to the others this isn't exactly an editor
    Quote Quote  
  16. fVideo ReDo . Easy to use but gives excellent results. Nothing else I have tried compares.
    Quote Quote  
  17. VideoRedo is the only mpeg editor I've found that not only doesn't screw up your mpegs, but actually improves them. And I've been mpeg editing for years now.

The guys that created this program are smart and care a lot about the software they make.

Support is unbelievably excellent. They actually created a beta version for me 1 day after I uploaded a particular type of mpeg I was having problems editing. They added a selectable option just for my mpeg. This made VideoRedo the only editor I've tried that would edit it.

Buy this software. You'll be doing yourself and all us mpeg editors out there a big favor.
    Quote Quote