VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a Canon printer/scanner/copier. Earlier I used to directly color copy the DVD fronts onto the sticky labels by placing the DVD over the scan glass and copying it on the label. I've stopped using labels now since I realised that they screw up my dics.
    I want to diretly print the image onto the DVD's since i use printable DVD's. If my printer is like the Epson how would i go about doing it?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by daz_raven2010
    I have a Canon printer/scanner/copier.
    I doubt very much that it can print direct to CD's or DVD's. You need a printer designed for the job. The Epson R200 is good and cheap for this job. Then you need printable disks. These tend to be slightly more expensive than non-printable equivalents.
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world. Those that understand binary...
    Quote Quote  
  3. With the Epson 200 is there a speacial way to place the DVD's for the printing process?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by daz_raven2010
    With the Epson 200 is there a speacial way to place the DVD's for the printing process?
    Yes, it comes with a special tray and a slot at the front to load it.
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world. Those that understand binary...
    Quote Quote  
  5. What about the Canon IP3000? I saw the machine being advertised in the shop as capable to print on DVD's and CD's. The loading tray dows not bend the paper as in most machines but i didn't see any special tray with it. Also, is it any good?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by daz_raven2010
    What about the Canon IP3000? I saw the machine being advertised in the shop as capable to print on DVD's and CD's. The loading tray dows not bend the paper as in most machines but i didn't see any special tray with it. Also, is it any good?
    i have this printer. yes it also comes with a special tray you load the cd/dvd onto then insert it in the front of the printer. these are printers made for printing onto cd/dvd.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    IIRC the Canon IP 3000 sold in the US doesn't print directly to cd/dvd media. Something about Epson saying they have a patent right and infringement. The one's sold over seas don't have this patent infringement.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Yep, just confirming that any Canon sold in the US or Canada does not have the direct to disc capabilities because of a patent issue with epson.

I've got an i865 and it rocks !
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    that SUX!!!!!!!!!!!!

glad i live in australia.
    Quote Quote