VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 32
FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by RickTheRed
    Ok,
    I have decided not to fix my 1st generation JLW CIS and I have ordered the following refillable cartridge kit:
    http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6796843942
    I will let you know later.

The same kit is being sold by different sellers from China. Pretty weird but let's see how it goes.
    I have already received the instructions. Refilling looks pretty simple but initial set-up is a bit more complicated.
    Good luck with that. Maybe it's nothing but his feedback comments are weird.
    Fast, Cheap, Good: Choose any two.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    That's because most of them are in Chinese -- if you look at the score, it's 100% positive.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Ok,

Im in the market for an R200 and either a CIS or refillable system.

Ive been reading heavily in the two big forum threads on this issue, and its been alot of information fr me to absorb in this one sitting.

as I understand it, some people are happy with their CIS kits, while some that have had them in the past have switches to simple refills. So the better of the two arent exactly clear as of now.

I admitt that the sound of a CIS kit, and me supposedly never having to deal with ink for long periods of time is attractive, I can also see myself tolerate refilling the cartridges if I must. Im currently using a lexmark refill sponged cartridge, and it is a very messy PIA to refill this thing, and them alot of times it doesnt work afterwards. I have read here that the refills for the EPSON wont be nearly as painfull.

I've seen people here recommend ebayer "WAY TO PRINTS" refill kits, such as this one http://cgi.ebay.com/6-T048-Spongeless-CIS-Refillable-Cartridges-with-Chips_W0QQitemZ57...QQcmdZViewItem

For those that are knowledgeable in this subject, could I order a CIS from him, and If I decide to ditch the CIS, are the left over remaining cartridges refillable? Are they the two hole kind that I can refill while still in the printer?

I print DVD covers and will print on the disc themselves. Id say around an average of 10-20 complete sets (cover and disc) per week.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Are the carts with his CIS the refillable kind?

You'd have to ask him that, mate...

Reading his explanatory text suggests that probably they are, but there are others he could be using in a CIS.

However, I think that with only minor fiddling the carts for just about any CIS could be used as refillables.
    Quote Quote  
  5. hi scuba,
    ive bought the refillable carts from waytoprint their refillable carts are convertible to cis or vise versa.
    the next problem though is getting a nice quality ink to go with ur cis kit. Ive tried several brands so far and not satisfied with the results, after market inks tends to create horizontal banding.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Horizontal banding is a function of the print quality setting, and occasionally of the paper used -- not usually the ink.

I've used many brands of non-OEM inks in a range of Epson printers down the years --- all give horizontal banding at low resolution (high speed) settings, as do the OEM inks.

In my present R310 (same print engine as R200) this still applies.

Even the obviously crap ink that came from China with my first CIS didn't band at photo resolutions, the main difference was that the colours didn't quite measure up to the OEM ink -- but if you'd never used anything else you'd still have been happy with it.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    As for refillables VS. CIS....How much printing your gonna do is really the answer. As for ink.....you'll have to make your own(providing that your a chemist/artist)if you wanna match OEM quality. I've bought the nearest to OEM quality when I first started refilling(For my HP 1210 series) ...the ink was very expensive($27 +s&h for 15mlx4 "BYCM")that was the closest I ever came to OEM quality....I guess it was because the ink was Archive Quality Ink. I don't print as much as I use to being that I'm now working a very long distance from home so I can't say as much in my posts (Experience is the best teacher/posts)LOL!
    Is what we learn indeed a fact, or someones opinon?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Im with you Idle on horizontal banding, it can be resolved by bumping up the print quality setting, but honestly who wants to print on photo quality rpm with microweave enabled, this setting takes ages to print, lower print quality setting than that and i see horizontal banding using after market inks....
    I usually print my DVDs/CDs using photo setting (original epson inks) with no banding whatsoever same setting with after markets and I can see bandings.

Also noticed on nozzle check that printed vertical lines using after maket inks are not as straight compared to OEM inks.

If you guys can recommend a better after market inks for r200/300 we'll be grateful. i know you have more experience in this
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Re horizontal banding, I still think it's from your printer settings, not the ink.

If you run graphics at high speed on any inkjet printer with any ink you'll get banding, & if you watch the printer laying down the ink you'll see why.

Higher resolutions use multiple passes with shorter paper feed steps to achieve an even spread of ink -- to get high page-per-minute speeds less passes per inch are used and the ink distribution is therefore less even, hence the demarcation lines between passes are more obvious.

Ask any spray painter what happens if he tries for a quick job and maximum coverage by using less passes of the gun -- less overlap = visible banding.

It might be OK spraying a fence, but you'd never get away with it on a car.

Inkjet printers use exactly the same technique.

On the R310 I get no banding at other than the highest print speed and perfectly straight verticals with any of the 3 inks I've used in it to date.

(Uneven verticals often indicate a mis-aligned printhead, BTW.)

As for a quality ink, the one that came with my CIS from inkjetsusa is as close to OEM colours as any I've seen -- I can't tell the difference.

Given the price of the whole outfit, the ink can't be expensive.

Try asking him (inkjetsusa@spamcop.net)
    No doubt other vendors also sell the same ink, but I've no idea who makes it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Haven't posted in a while, but just wanted to give my two cents regarding my experience with my "Way to print" cis system. (See link below)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 6775979356

I got this system a few months ago as a gift, but only now installed it cuz I ran out of the Oem ink.
    Set up was a breeze, but a warning to all, WEAR GLOVES. When I was refilling my storage containers, and spilled a little on my hands, I didn't realize that it would set so fast and it's a total bit$h to get it off...Pumice soap works good.
    Upon doing the initial cleaning/priming cycles...I was shocked to see how much ink came out. A waste bottle is a must.
    I noticed everytime I turned my printer on and off, the darn thing would run through a cleaning cycle and waste a bunch of ink again.....that sucked! Hopefully this is only when it goes on and off and the cleaning cycles are not a routine thing...we'll see.
    Overall happy with prints, (using stratitec inks from Sams club) I noticed that the pictures come out a bit on the light side though...but nonetheless acceptable.
    The biggest gripe I have so far, is the fact that the tubing rubs something fierce. In fact during my first print, the darn thing causing the carriage to jam on the left side, and I had to shut my printer off to untangle it, and of course when I turned it on, another cleaning cycle. Damn, I don't remember my OEM cartridges ever doing this many cleaning cycles and I never saw this much ink come out...is this normal???? For those of you that are wondering...my cartridges have a spring loaded "valve" and it never leaked when I was setting it up...no sponges. I did a cleaning cycle with my OEM carts, but I don't ever recall seeing that amount of ink come out before....it's scary. If this keeps up, it may not be cost effective to use a cis, since it's dumping ink down the drain every time it does a cleaning cycle.
    Oh well, will get back to everyone after using it for a while, but other than the rubbing and cleaning thing...am pleased....so far.

One more question, I was hoping someone could answer for me.
    From the first day that I got this printer, my dvd tray has been jamming on me. Whenever, I put in my dvd tray and start the print cycle, the darn tray goes in a few inches, and then comes back out and then jams. Even when the print cycle completes successfully, the darn tray comes out halfway and then I can hear the motors going, but the damn tray stops moving and then gets jammed. I've contacted Epson and they are supposed to be sending me a replacement tray, but man, it's been two weeks and nothing...I'll follow up on that, but was wondering if anyone else had this problem and if they had a solution.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well Freediver.....Welcome to club GOTCHA!!! Were all against you!.....we talked you into this so you'll have cis problems just like us!....Ha Ha Ha haaaa! Just kiddin'! Anyway, First of all there is a clear hose with a green line that leads to the waste pad and disconnecting it will stop the suction from under the wastepad....refer to earlier pages in this forum for instructions as I'm at work and don't have time to search for the exact pages. Second: the dvd tray maybe worn....I HAD that problem a while ago....I solved it by using Krylon clear gloss spray to spray the entire DVD tray(I happen to use this spray to seal my dvd prints)but make sure you let it dry overnight(at least 12-24 hours)and don't over do it...one to two coats of light spraying will be enough.P.S. If you over do it the get some fine grit sandpaper and....You know! LOL!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Ha, I knew I could always count on you Macro, glad to see that your not completely on the dark side. I remember that post about the green hose, and will be looking into it, but just one question...didn't your printer develop problems, was it because of this solution? I'm just wondering because everyone talks about having to keep the printheads moist and stuff and if you disconnect won't this cause the pads to dry out? Also, I seem to be having a vacuum leak of some sort, my yellow and cyan continually develop air passages near the nipple that connects to the carts...any solutions?
    Also, Macro, I pulled out my tray and (actually this was what I thought it was, since the rollers were moving but the darn tray wasn't moving) but I didn't know how to solve it....thanks..I know this is a stupid question but you said to spray entire tray...top and bottom??? thanks..Welcome back to the light/Cis side!
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    As for the DVD tray....I sprayed both sides because the rollers contact the outer edges on top as well as the bottom. My printer developed what looks like a minor alignment issue that really is un-noticable unless I do a nozzle check....The cause isn't the green hose....it was cleaning the waste-pad every-day(overkill)The padding and holder stopped making "perfect" contact with the print-head(Capping). Ya see I took the waste-pad off one time too many but it's O.K. My printer still does a lovely job. Maybe I'll post a nozzle check later. And finally.....No...I have no technical solution for the air gaps but I have values for you to consider.....Forget it! Forget it! Is it hurting you?...is it messing up your prints? Does it screw up the nozzle checks? Forget it if you answered any of those questions "No". You'll cause yourself greif messing with it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Actually, no I haven't noticed any problems with the air gaps, so I'll just FO GET ABOUT IT! Thanks Macro.
    Has anyone noticed, (that uses Stratitec Ink from Sams) that the prints come out really light? I had to up my darkness to +3 on my epson print cd program for it to come out like it did before. Hmmm...anyone, anyone, Bueller Bueller..... :P
    Quote Quote  
  15. thanks to Idle ink recommendation (inkjetsusa.com), got my inks yesterday from them and what a difference, no more banding issues, its print quality/color is really close to epson OEM inks i can't really tell the difference, nice quality inks indeed. i do recommend it.
    it cost $9.95 per 4oz bottle(1 color) but if you pay paypal they will give it toyou for $30 dollars (6 colors 4oz each.)

To FreeDiver you may wanna try their inks, i print in default setting (print color is set to 0) and color/contrast is fine.
    If your printing and bumping up the print color correction to 3 then i guess your wasting more ink in that process.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Macro,

YGPM
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I sent it to ya JKBRAND
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Bidefordboy' where are you?
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi all, This is Print For Less. I was told that i have been reffered to by the peoples in this forum. Since i have been asked to join and help out with any information, I did. I am a Head Technician for a Cable Tv Company so I am not on here all the time but i do answer all questions i receive as quickly as possible.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Mac. It's ok, I have been keeping an eye on you.

Sorry I have'nt posted for a while, but my CIS is still working perfectly, & most of the problems new users are having have already been answered in previous posts.
    The only problem I have had is that, by mistake, the last time I topped up my ink containers I used some ink I had left over from my previous JLW kit. I thought that because it is dye-based it should mix ok. But the next day when I used the printer I did not get a good nozzle check, so I had to re-attach the white/green hose & do a couple of head cleans. I had to do this everyday until I had flushed out the JLW ink. Since topping up again the problem has cleared up, & have now disconnected the white/green hose again & everything is running fine. I think there is too much solvent in the JLW ink (it certainly smells stronger) & that was causing the problem. Perhaps our technician from 'Print For Less' could give us some advice on this ?
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, I'm fairly new to this and was wondering if anyone had any insight as to using a CIS or refillables for a 3 vs 6 cartridge printer. That is, would the net ink consumption be more efficient if I used a CIS with a 3 cartridge Epson C86 or with a 6 cartridge Epson R200, or does it not make a difference? Also, has anyone had experience using sublimation inks in their CIS/printer? The only affordable source of bulk sublimation ink I can find is available on www.echostore.com but I don't know about it's quality.

Thanks for any feedback,
    Mike
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi sobpanic, You will save alot if you are tring to use Sublimation ink by going with a C86 or CX 4600. I prefer the CIS vs Refillable Cartridges because I do so much Printing but the Refillable cartridges are more reliable. There is less that can go wrong but you have to fill them when the ink gets low. If you are paying more then 25.00 per 100 ml for Sublimation ink you are paying to much. I use Sublimation ink in a CX4600. It works great. There is even a deal where if you buy the ink and cartridges you can get a CX4600 free.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Originally Posted by Print For Less
    Hi sobpanic, You will save alot if you are tring to use Sublimation ink by going with a C86 or CX 4600. I prefer the CIS vs Refillable Cartridges because I do so much Printing but the Refillable cartridges are more reliable. There is less that can go wrong but you have to fill them when the ink gets low. If you are paying more then 25.00 per 100 ml for Sublimation ink you are paying to much. I use Sublimation ink in a CX4600. It works great. There is even a deal where if you buy the ink and cartridges you can get a CX4600 free.
    that deal for the cx4600 sounds good! Is that the MFP with a scanner built in? I might buy one for my mother-in-law...is it ready to ship? and what shipping do ya use...ups i hope- she is in the boonies. thx;Pool
    If you want a printing headache, use CIS on your printer!
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It is the MFP with scanner and card reader. It is refurbished from Epson. It can be ready to ship first thing tomorrow morning UPS Ground. I have Dye ink, Pigment ink, and Sublimation. I can give you the CX4600 free with the purchase of any of the inks and the Refillable Cartridges.
    Tim
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I also have some RX500 setting around. I can do the same thing with them. All of my Printers are refurbished from Epson.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    My email is printforless@verizon.net I have to take my kids out to eat now but ill be back on later.
    Tim
    Quote Quote  
  28. hey print for less;

Is it possible to make or buy a tray to print on cd's with the cx4600?
    If you want a printing headache, use CIS on your printer!
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The CX4600 does not have the capability. Canon makes a MP780 that will do everything but i do not have any of those. I do have refillable cartridges and ink for Canon
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @Print For Less

While it is great for anyone to post here concerning their experiences with using a CIS, I think you should be carefull about advertising the products you have for sale. Have you read the rules ?

Advertising
    You must contact the webmaster and get permission before you attempt to post solicitations or advertising. Anything that appears to be advertising or solicitation will be removed immediatly. This does not apply to LEGITIMATE news or user guides.
    Quote Quote