VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. well, just bought a LITE ON dvd writer. when i try to use nero to back up a dvd movie that i have, but it is only give me only the image image file. i believe it is only iso file or something like that. is there anyway that i can use nero to burn dvd or is there any other program that's compater with LITE ON dvd writer???? thank u very much.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I assume you only have one drive so Nero will copy the image to your harddrive first, then replace the original dvd with a blank and use Nero to burn the image file to your dvd.
    I am Jack's medulla oblongata
    Quote Quote  
  3. well, no... i do have 2 dvd drive. one is dvd-r burner (pioneer - working very good) the other one is dvd-r/+r burner (LITE ON - very trouble some). i went to choice recorder in nero to choice the LITE ON dvd to burn, but it give me the following image. is there anyway that i can file it so it work like the other dvd burner that i have which is pioneer. please let me know i am greally appreciated. thank....
    Quote Quote  
  4. anyway, what i give me is this:
    __________________________________________________ ___________
    Device / SCSI ID / Adapter / Adapter No.
    _____________________/__________/_________________/____________

Image Recorder / _ / Vitual device / _
    Pioneer DVD-rw dvr-105 / 1 / atapi / 1
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Most likely you have an older version of nero with a newer burner which nero doesnt see as a burner,you need to upgrade to the newest nero then.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Precisely which version of Nero are you using?

What is the exact model, including FW revision, of your LiteOn drive? DVDInfoPro will give you this info.

-drj
    They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    Quote Quote  
  7. Did your copy of Nero come bundled with your 1st DVD drive? If so it is an oem version and will only work with that make/model drive. In that case you need to upgrade to the full retail version to make it work with your new drive.

If you have the full retail version of Nero, then do as johns0 suggests and upgrade to a newer version that will support your new drive.
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world. Those that understand binary...
    Quote Quote  
  8. Why not just uninstall the software that you were using. The Lite-On 16X for example won't work with Nero 5.5. I myself preferred 5.5 But needed to go to Nero 6 for my new lite-on 16x.

I seem to recall the retail box Lite-On comes with Nero 6 OEM not Ultra of course. and DVD Decrypter will burn the 16X drive OK too.

Anyway Nero 5.5 will always show a image recorder only when it has a unsupported drive. Unsupported because it is either a OEM that will only work with the brand drive it came with or Unsupported because the drive is too new. I'm suspecting that you were using 5.5 as the main problem.

BTW the drive is working, IE showing up in my computer and able to read disks?

Good Luck
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You might want to give RECORD NOW MAX 7.0 a shot
    while the program is also destroyed functionally from its earlier versions (4.5 rocked),
    it workrks with the LITE-ON properly
    and if you can handle the fact that its an "ADVANCED" setting for finalizing your DVD's, please try RNM
    Quote Quote  
  10. I just installed the SOHW-1673S and let Windows Plug and Pray install a generic driver for it and it burns Verbatim 8X media at 8X right out of the box with DVD Decrypter, no probs at all.
    Quote Quote  
  11. thank u TBoneit, but i have the nero 6.0 on my computer. maybe it has been install in my computer before i put the lite on dvd rom on. i might uninstall it and reinstall it to see what happy. if there is something else i might ask u guy to help again. thank.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search PM
    yep i certainly wouldn't blame it on the Lite-On drive...

there are alot more Lite-On's out there than you know..with someone elses name stuck on it and a few more $$$ added to the bottom line
    Quote Quote  
  13. hey friends. thank u for all your help. i actually have the 5.5.10 verson of the nero and i just got the 6.13 or something like that verson and it working very well. thank u. very much...
    Quote Quote