VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. i was told there is an online store selling the 3 pack of verbatims dvd+r double layer disks for $15 a pack!! with free shipping!!!?????

this cant be true as i looked high and low and the cheapest i have found it is around $21 shipped free..

i need some help finding this store as thats only $5 per disk compared to super media stores 6.99 a disk..then the crazy shipping charges..

is this just a rumor?? or a hoax?? please help me debunk this!!
    Quote Quote  
  2. jackpot!!!!!!!!!

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=10376386&loc=101&sp=1

there actually 15.94 a pack with free shipping but that comes to about $5.33 a dvd..

thats the cheapest i have seen them for so far..
    Quote Quote  
  3. CompUSA sells a 25 pk of the verbatims for $99, so $4 a disc...hope they keep going down down down!!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Uncle Sammy
    CompUSA sells a 25 pk of the verbatims for $99, so $4 a disc...hope they keep going down down down!!
    Are you sure they were Verbatims? I just bought a 25-pack spindle of Memorex +R DL at CompUSA for $99 on Friday. (They are Ritek D01.) The Verbatims were $20 for a 3-pack.

I really prefer the Verbatims, but I don't think they're worth 66% more than Ritek. Both brands work perfectly for me, except for one of my players that occasionally rejects the Riteks.

I hope the Verbatims are available in bulk soon, but I don't think they are yet. Let me know if I'm wrong. I'll go back and get some.
    Quote Quote  
  5. do all the compusa's youve been to sell the double layer media in spindles of 25 for a $99 a pop or just certain ones??

i know there is only a staples and officemax near me but compusa is about 50 miles away if they have 25 packs of verbatims dvd+r dual layer dvd's i might have to buy them thats a nice price on any type of double layer media memorex or verbatim i just heard memorex wasnt very good...

i will call them and see whats up..
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    All I have to say is I'm glad that I'm still using single layer so that the DVD's are less than or equal to one buck.
    Check out the Band...feel free to PM me with opinions: http://www.purevolume.com/beneathitall
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by SEALs1230
    All I have to say is I'm glad that I'm still using single layer so that the DVD's are less than or equal to one buck.
    I agree. Until dual layer blanks become somewhat more affordable (like $2.00 USD or less in my mind) I am not messing around with them.

However price is not the only issue here. You also have to consider the problems that exist with burning and even then, when you get a good clean burn, you have the stand alone DVD player compatability issue.

I seem to recall reading something over at the doom9 website about Pioneer finally getting around to setting the DVD-R DL spec down in 'stone' so maybe we can look forward to DVD-R DL discs soon? My guess is they will work a whole lot better than DVD+R DL discs.

- John "FulciLives" Coleman
    "The eyes are the first thing that you have to destroy ... because they have seen too many bad things" - Lucio Fulci
    EXPLORE THE FILMS OF LUCIO FULCI - THE MAESTRO OF GORE
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    well compusa sold a while back the 3 packs of verbatim for 12 dollars

but i would have to say, the verbatim (mkm) DL disc are well worth the xtra 1-1.50 more then the memorex (ritek) and other ritek disc's

no way in hell i would buy a 25 pack of ritek's
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by FulciLives
    I seem to recall reading something over at the doom9 website about Pioneer finally getting around to setting the DVD-R DL spec down in 'stone' so maybe we can look forward to DVD-R DL discs soon? My guess is they will work a whole lot better than DVD+R DL discs.

- John "FulciLives" Coleman

Maybe they should get around to fixing the DVD-RW specs so that I can watch them in more players than my 220.....

If they haven't figured out how to make a DVD-R DL compatible yet, I doubt they will work half as good as a DVD+R DL.
    Quote Quote