VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I've heard great things here about Supermediastore and about Taio Yuden's so I decided to switch, temporarily at least, from Meritline-- even though Meritline has never messed up an order.

Last week I ordered 100 Taio Yuden 8X DVD+R printable discs. I was really looking forward to using them this weekend.

Unfortunately what was packed in the box I received was 100 Princo 4X DVD-R.

Wrong manufacturer.
    Wrong speed.
    Wrong type.

I called Supermediastore for an RMA and I was told they can only fax or mail the RMA - they are unable to e-mail the RMA. WTF????

I haven't had, or needed, a fax machine or online fax service in over 4 years. With e-mail so pervasive what is the point?

In the meantime, they will not ship the discs I ordered until they have received back the discs that they mistakenly sent me, so I figure it will be another two to three weeks at least before I get the discs I ordered last week. Plus, I have to figure out where the closest UPS center is to ship them back-- I've never shipped from UPS before. This is really turning into a hassle. If it was my fault I wouldn't mind, but this was all their mistake.

I can see how they goofed, the Taio Yudens are Item Code DVD02X0171 and the Princos are Item Code DVD01X0171 - but the invoice did clearly say Taio Yuden 8X DVD+R and the cakeboxes clearly said Princo 4X DVD-R.

I guess everyone's results may vary, but Meritline has never goofed on almost a dozen orders so far. I think I'll stick with Meritline from now on.

-drj
    They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    Quote Quote  
  2. That is odd. I have dealt with them in the past. Ordered some Ritek 8X media when I bought a new Toshiba SD-R5272 drive. The Ritek's were not compatible but I had tried to burn one or two. I called them and they gave me the RMA# over the phone and allowed me to return the partly used package. They credited my credit card and adjusted for the used disks.

I would call them back. Maybe you got an inexperienced customer service person.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Did you have to pay shipping to send them back?

I should have been more clear that it is the shipping label they are sending me so I don't have to pay to return the wrong discs. And I don't have to pay the 15% restocking fee.

-drj
    They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    Quote Quote  
  4. It was over a year ago, but I think I did pay the shipping. Never occurred to me they would pay for it. I paid no restocking fee. At the time I was more concerned about why the new 8X drive was not burning X8, but with Verbatim it worked fine. Call UPS at (800) 742-5877 and they can tell you where there nearest drop center is. They have drop centers in drugstores out here.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Any package delivery store will most likely handle ups stuff if ya can't find a bonafied ups store.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Use MEDIA MAIL at the post office, and it'll only cost a couple dollars (well under $5), and get there about as fast as UPS ground.

Almost all online stores make you pay for return shipping fees. Much like offline stores make you pay tax. You pay for something unseen, one way or another.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm not going to pay even $5 for their mistake - it's the principal of the thing. If it was my mistake I would just eat the loss.

-drj
    --Benjamin Franklin
    Quote Quote