VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. is this a good deal from a good company?

I am interested but want to ask the PRO's here as to quality of these disks (i know ty01 is suppose to be excellent quality in past) and experience with company.

(I usually buy from sam's club and newegg)

Thanks for the link.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Here's a link to a thread that discusses those discs; https://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=260010&highlight=value+discs. I've ordered from Supermediastore a number of times and have never had a problem. I would recommend them without hesitation. Other opinions may differ, but my experience with them has always been positive.
    It doesn't matter who you vote for. The government always gets in.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I bought some of these when they were on sale about a month ago or so. They are very good. Even though they only have a 4X write strategy on them, my LG DVD burner burns them at 8X without any prompting from me.
    I even tested them for read errors afterward, to make sure they burned OK at the higher speed. No read errors.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Too good a deal to pass up! 28 cents per disc for TY, including shipping. I placed my order for 300.
    Quote Quote  
  5. They're usually $29 or $30 shipped all the time at one of these places (SMS, medialine, etc).

So it's saving a dollar.

For me, it's $8.25 shipping for a total of $31.25...more expensive than the $29 or $30 SHIPPED that these discs usually are.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Wow, the last time I checked SMS, about 3 weeks ago, they were going for $35 shipped. Shipping to me is also less expensive, cause they charged me a lower rate, and I paid extra for the cake boxes.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    the reason i love 8x ty t02 meida (dvd+r) media is that my liteon i overspeed them to 16x with the t03 write strat with pif max 2 (meaning good scans)

i have never tried ty 4x media, how well does it overspeed?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Bought these before when they were on sale. Work just fine if burned at either 4or 8x with pretty much similar Kprobe scans at either speed. Have experienced very occasional bad writes with other disks(prodisc) 2 or 3 per 100 so regardlless of 4 x disks or 8x I burn everything @ 6x. At 6x no problems with any disks.
    Quote Quote  
  9. i have a sony dw-d22a burner. it can burn 8x dvd-r

is there a way to burn tyg01 4x media dvd-r at 8x? or even 6x?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by ebenton
    I bought some of these when they were on sale about a month ago or so. They are very good. Even though they only have a 4X write strategy on them, my LG DVD burner burns them at 8X without any prompting from me.
    I even tested them for read errors afterward, to make sure they burned OK at the higher speed. No read errors.

You likely got TYG02 instead of TYG01 otherwise there's no way they would burn at 8x.
    Quote Quote  
  11. i bought 4 100 packs for 92 dollars and 19 dollars shipping.
    400 for 111 dollars
    ground shipping

27 cents per disk for me

(wow... I remember a year ago paying 27 dollars for 100 cd-r's verbadems at sam's club ... and today 5 times storage for about same price.)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by zanos
    You likely got TYG02 instead of TYG01 otherwise there's no way they would burn at 8x.
    Yes I did. They are TYG02 with an 8X write descriptor. They don't have an 8X write strategy, but I guess that's not necessary.

But they were only advertised as 4X. Somebody else might get lucky and get some TYG02, also.

They are shiny silver on top, completely blank. Nothing to identify the manufacturer on the surface, unless maybe you can decypher some of the hard-to-read codes in the hub.
    Quote Quote  
  13. I've got G01 and G02 both from them.
    Quote Quote  
  14. So I go to add some TY CD-Rs to my order and they cost more than their DVD-Rs. Who would've thought this day would ever come?
    Quote Quote  
  15. Has anyone brought these discs from supermedia? i wanna know what kind of experiance did the guy had.

I came to know about TY discs from this site, are they actually good?

I'm thinking of buying them from Smedia, just not sure about it.
    Quote Quote  
  16. I've burned a few hundred and only had 2 that failed. Most of the 4x discs will burn at 8x on my NEC. Sometimes they drop back to 4x when it tries to increase the speed to 6x or 8x, the ones I've played have all been fine though.
    Quote Quote  
  17. On an ebay one guy is selling Taiyo Yuden DVD-R 8x 100 Pack!! (TYG02 Media Code) for just 15 bucks (the guy is also a powersellar)!

Isn't that a better deal as compared to the one being discussed (supermedia store)??
    Quote Quote  
  18. Originally Posted by Choora
    On an ebay one guy is selling Taiyo Yuden DVD-R 8x 100 Pack!! (TYG02 Media Code) for just 15 bucks (the guy is also a powersellar)!

Isn't that a better deal as compared to the one being discussed (supermedia store)??
    Ebay noob? Tell us how good the deal is after you check the shipping price...
    Quote Quote  
  19. With shipping it comes up to 35 at ebay!! The discs sold by Supermedia also comes upto near 35!!

My poiint is isn't the ebay option is better considering the TY discs sold there are 8X as compared to one sold by supermedia ?
    Quote Quote  
  20. These discs have been about $28-30 shipped for about two months now from several different online retailers. Whether those discs on Ebay are real TY media or not is unknown, and with all the fake TY media coded discs floating around it's very possible that it's fake media. Order from a known online retailer and you'll know you're getting real TY discs. If burn speed is your primary concern and you want a good deal on genuine TY media, Best Buy has Fuji 8x TY discs for sale for $40/100 $20/50 about every other week.
    Quote Quote  
  21. I see, i certianly don't wanna buy fake TY discs.I stick to a known online retailer, atleast i'll get what i did ordered.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Supermedia store is a pretty good online seller. They are not known for selling fake media. Who the hell knows what this Ebay guy is selling?
    Quote Quote  
  23. i bought 100 ritek 4x at 80 dollars out the door last year from newegg (4/04) ....
    And today can get better quality dvd-r's ...100 ty 4x at 27 dollars out the door ... is very cool!

NOW when will the double-density dvd's drop in price?
    Quote Quote  
  24. What is this about "fake TY" discs? You might buy some low grade trash discs and find them to be fake TY's, but I've never had SMS actually SAY they are TY and then they turn out to be fakes. When they say TY, you get TY.

I see, i certianly don't wanna buy fake TY discs.I stick to a known online retailer, atleast i'll get what i did ordered.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Matt D - he's not accusing Supermediastore of advertising TY and selling fake media. He's commenting on the 'TY' discs sold on Ebay.
    Quote Quote  
  26. got them today and they are ty01

No writing on front of disks.

I have used sharpie to write on dvd's but does anyone know if I was to buy a r200 ... if I could print on these. I wouldn't think so ... since it didn't say printable... but figured I would ask ... just in case I'm wrong.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    No the ink will not adhere to the media. Use the Sharpie....
    Quote Quote  
  28. I got mine yesterday, they are TYG01. Nero wanted to burn these at 8x and I was happy to let it. 6 perfect burns so far at 8x on my NEC-2500a, so not bad for 28 cents.
    I am happy with my purchase so far, hopefully the rest of the discs are just as good. I have a feeling they will be though.
    Quote Quote