VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by presto
    I believe in the very first or second episode of Enterprise they had allready blown the whole idea of exploring an earlier time in Trek history. They were allready in an alien space port seeing all kinds of aliens. It felt just like the other Star Treks but warmed over.

I never saw even a single episode of enterprise that couldn't have been an episode of STTNG. They really really blew it.

Loved Bacula in Quantum Leap but he is so bland in Enterprise.
    Yep I can recall several ENT episodes that are just basically redos of previous Trek episodes- not a good idea.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I think everyone was expecting something completely different then what has been done before. Not every aspect of Enterprise was new, but alot of what happened couldn't have happened in TNG. For example, the minefield episode with the Romulans. Shuttlepod One is another example, because during TNG the shuttles had warp capablility, and the people inside wouldn't have had to worry about running out of air. There were a couple of episodes in which the transporter, or the lack of a good one, created problems. What about a episode featuring the first warp 2 ship, or the episode that explained the klingon heads? What about the explination of the Romulans leaving vulcan? Enterprise isn't perfect, but it isn't as near as bad as some people make it to be.
    This plan is so bad, it must be one of ours.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

[qutoe="darth paris"]but it isn't as near as bad as some people make it to be.[/qutoe]

Maybe but it was bad enough to become the first Star Trek tv series since the ORIGINAL SERIES NOT to make 7 years. TNG, DS9, and VOYAGER all had 7 year runs. Enterprise couldn't cut it.

Kevin
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  4. I won't argue that it didn't have what it takes to survive, but lots of crap is on TV for years and that deserves to be cancalled. Look at Andromeda. It is now utter crap, yet it has lasted 5 years and is about to have a send off. The show should have died during the third season.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Darth Paris makes a lot of good points. I did like the way they handled the change in the way Klingons looked. I still feel like they didn't really explore the beginning of space travel but jumped right into using "tricks" like time travel that let the writers do anything they want.

I thought the "sexy" scenes were too obvious. Like a parody of a desparate show. I thought the same thing with Voyagers Borg-In-High-Heels but they were subtle in comparison to the Vulcan-In-Wet-T-Shirt.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by presto
    Bork-In-High-Heels but they were subtle in comparison to the Vulcan-In-Wet-T-Shirt.
    tgpo famous MAC commercial, You be the judge?
    Originally Posted by jagabo
    I use the FixEverythingThat'sWrongWithThisVideo() filter. Works perfectly every time.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by presto
    I thought the "sexy" scenes were too obvious. Like a parody of a desparate show. I thought the same thing with Voyagers Bork-In-High-Heels but they were subtle in comparison to the Vulcan-In-Wet-T-Shirt.
    I have to give you that.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Bork-In-High-Heels but they were subtle in comparison to the Vulcan-In-Wet-T-Shirt.
    I hope you guys were responding to what I meant and not what I wrote. Bork-In-High-Heels, yikes.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by presto
    Borg-In-High-Heels but they were subtle in comparison to the Vulcan-In-Wet-T-Shirt.
    I hope you guys were responding to what I meant and not what I wrote. Borg-In-High-Heels, yikes.
    I was.....that is unless you meant Mork?
    tgpo famous MAC commercial, You be the judge?
    Originally Posted by jagabo
    I use the FixEverythingThat'sWrongWithThisVideo() filter. Works perfectly every time.
    Quote Quote