VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    How reliable are Ritek G05 (8X) Inkjet White DVD-R (Hub Printable) Discs??
    I need to know before I purchase or someone recommend a good brand that is affordable & any site recommendations would be appreciated as well. thanks
    Father knows best.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Have burned & printed over 250 Ritek G05's, using my nec2500a & epson r300. No problem's. In the UK I buy them here http://www.rambox.co.uk/index.php
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote  
  4. My Pioneer 106 has had NO problems with them
    My BTC (your IOmagic) burns are terrible at 8x but burns good at 4x
    tgpo famous MAC commercial, You be the judge?
    Originally Posted by jagabo
    I use the FixEverythingThat'sWrongWithThisVideo() filter. Works perfectly every time.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Bought 25 of these branded as 'Traxdata'. All burned perfect on a AOpen DUW1608/ARR at 8x with no coasters. A word of warning for speed freaks, although the maximum record speed was indeed 8x the average was nearer 5.6x as took a while for the burn process to reach maximum. Would buy again but for having an unhappy experience with the dealer over a diferent matter.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks all, I ordered some, I will post back my results.
    Father knows best.
    Quote Quote  
  7. G04 were good. The old G05 were ok, but the new G05's are not nearly as good. If they work for you, great. The price is good now.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The batch of G05 -R 8x white I got from SuperMediaStore on April 1 will not work in my Sony DRU510a. Never had a problem before now. I have 87 blanks and 11 coasters, anyone interested???
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I bought some Prodiscs from Supermedia store. I had to send them all back.
    But on a lighter note, The Ridata's I got from am-dig.com are working out fine for me.
    Father knows best.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks dudeman. I'll check 'em out.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've used ritek go5 inkjet printables and I've used prodisc,linkyo and name brands....I burn dvd's everyday...sell them and as for quality...I use a nec nd-3500 and never had a problem with the ritek G05 not to mention that the video is clearest with the ritek G05...I use krylon clear gloss spray....I put the dvd in a dvd case...I use a dryer sheet....I spray a small amount on the dryer sheet and apply from the center in a circular motion going outward slow and soft...not hard so I dont screw up the print....the ink will smudge if you do it hard....never had a problem!!!! It's kinda like waxing a car...one full circle the the next full circle allthe way to the end...be careful not to get the gloss on the recorded surface because it will cause a read error that can't be corrected!!!
    Is what we learn indeed a fact, or someones opinon?
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by martin474
    The batch of G05 -R 8x white I got from SuperMediaStore on April 1 will not work in my Sony DRU510a. Never had a problem before now. I have 87 blanks and 11 coasters, anyone interested???
    Ritek changed G05 dye formular end of last year. Check your burner and firmware version with this compatibility list (2nd column with headline "G05"):
    http://www.ritek.com/products/dl/DVD_minus_%20PC_Burner_compatibility_04_25_2005.pdf
    Quote Quote  
  13. retek go5 dye in any form was crap,the only ones to buy are the "extreme" range,and even there shit.
    best avoid G05 dye,as ridata have even acknowledged this,and use prodisc,and cmc dyes in there discs.
    LifeStudies 1.01 - The Angle Of The Dangle Is Indirectly Proportionate To The Heat Of The Beat,Provided The Mass Of The Ass Is Constant.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by RottenFoxBreath
    "extreme" range,and even there shit.
    Do you have any evidence for that?

as ridata have even acknowledged this
    That was RiDisc, not RiData. RiDisc is not a Ritek owned brand, although the name is similar.
    Quote Quote