VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I bought for some time ago 4 cakeboxes of Verbatim DVD+R 4x with 25 discs in each box.
    But in each box there are some discs that have what looks like solid dirt in the top layer.
    I have tried to burn the "defective" discs and they show no errors when i scan them with Nero CD/DVD Speed. They also work without any problems in my standalone DVD player (Pioneer).
    The cakeboxes also contain dust from the factory (India) and that is not a good sign of good quality.

Now iīm planning to buy 2 cakeboxes of Verbatim DVD+R 8X (50 pieces each) and i would like to hear from you if you have experienced any similar problems with these discs.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    well i have never bought media that said made in india

so i cant say that i ever has ur problem

but why not get some verbatim 16x, i use both + and - 16x verbatims and they work good but i guess if there too expensive for ur taste then 8x will work great too
    Quote Quote  
  3. get them from somewhere else then,and not from "india".
    LifeStudies 1.01 - The Angle Of The Dangle Is Indirectly Proportionate To The Heat Of The Beat,Provided The Mass Of The Ass Is Constant.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well, i bought the discs from a company in Germany and the discs are made by Mitsubishi Chemical Company in India. (MCC 002)

I use a Nec 2510a to burn the discs so i donīt have any use for 16x discs yet.

To buy Verbatim discs here in Sweden would be very expensive since we have a "penalty tax" for media that can be used illegaly.
    Pretty stupid since the goverment then agree to collect money from a criminal act. But then who said that politicians are intelligent beings?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Two things Jojjan. First I bought similar pack of Verbatim and as you say it was full of dust/dirt. Few of the discs refused to record although at least one is a coaster.

The other is I happen to agree with the Swedish system and wish other countries would follow suit. That way people could make as many genuine back-up copies as they liked, pirates would be detered, the studios still get paid and everybody is happy. Whether this is 'legal' or not then becomes purely academic.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    to ntscuser:

Where your Verbatim discs also made in India?
    Have you bought more of these lately to see if you just got a "bad batch"?

From June 1 this year it will be illegal to even make a personal backup copy of Music and Movies from DVD och CD here in Sweden.
    Our goverment is trying to controll what we do on the internet and the official message is to prevent crime.
    So the Swedish system is a rotten system packed in a nice package to hide the smell.
    Sweden is not as it used to be.
    Trust me.

I bought my Verbatim discs from www.wesellcd.com
    And this company is officially approved by Verbatim-Europe.
    http://www.verbatim-europe.com/index/wtb_view.php?lang_id=1&con_id=39
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Jojjan
    to ntscuser:

Where your Verbatim discs also made in India?
    Have you bought more of these lately to see if you just got a "bad batch"?
    I threw the top label away and the wraparound label doesn't state the country of origin. I would rather not buy the same type again as my original preference was for 8x which were only available in packs of 50's and 100's from my dealer at the time.
    Quote Quote