VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Complete newbie, so bear with me.....
    I'll try to be as clear as possible :

Sys info: iMac G5(10.3.8,1.8Ghz,1.25Gb), QT 6.5.2, and just DL'd all necessary programs - ffmpegX w/ binaries, Sizzle

1 - Because I cannot hear the audio in the .avi files I have, I've used DivX Doctor II on all.
    2 - Creates ".m 1" files that work perfect in Quicktime, but what exactly are these files?
    3 - Followed THIS THREAD in an attempt to make a VIDEO_TS folder.
    4 - It did, but no audio as in the orginal .avi.
    5 - Try to drop the ".m 1" file in, but comes up as a 0k file.

What do I do?

My intent is to then attempt to join a bunch together using Sizzle (THIS THREAD) to make viewable DVDs.

Your help is greatly appreciated!!!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Well.....
    The .m 1 file comes up as MOV and I picked the DVD mpeg2enc format this time and everything appears great and works in DVD Player!

Haven't I read that there may be some video quality loss using this format rather than DVD ffmpeg? or is that something that I have no control over?

When encoded, the video is automatically changed to 720x480 from the orignal 640x480......should I leave as is or manually edit back to the original size?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Grand Cannon
    When encoded, the video is automatically changed to 720x480 from the orignal 640x480......should I leave as is or manually edit back to the original size?
    640x480 is not a valid DVD frame size, so you should stick with 720x480.
    Quote Quote