VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. DVDInfopro tells me that the latest cheapo Maxell CD-Rs I bought at Frys are not HD Burn certified. When it comes to burning old fashioned music CD's does the presence or absence of HD Burn certified indicate anything about overall quality/durability? Or is it just a hoop they didn't bother to jump through? My burner certainly won't do HD burn. I haven't noticed any problems yet.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If I recall right, HD burn is something like Plextors GigaRec, which allows overburning (recording more minutes of audio) on CDs. (Anyone correct me if I am wrong). If your drive does not support the standard, it just means you can not use said feature, there should be no difference in quality or durability (due to the presence or lack of HD certification).
    Some people say dog is mans best friend. I say that man is dog's best slave... At least that is what my dogs think.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    actually it doubles the capacity of a cd-r.. but they can only be read by drives that support that standard.

Quote Quote