VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I recently upgraded my computer to
    amd 2.3ghz 512 ddr 3200 ram
    with a Sony DRU-510a (16xdvd-r / 4x dual)

I tried 8x dvd-r phillips i bought from office depot to go at 12x and got .9 % error, which made the movie unwatchable.

I also had left over 8x verbatim which didnt work before because my computer was too slow giving massive errors, this time around i got 100% of 3 dvd-rs so far.

I want to jump to 16x but I think i may be still too slow, but I'm wondering if its the phillips i would hate to be in the situation i was in before with a bunch of media that wouldnt burn at 12x or any other speed for some reason.

I hear good things about
    Taiyo Yuden 16X DVD-R 4.7GB media shiny silver finish
    and was wondering if this would do the trick for me..?

Any help would be much appriciated
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Your SONY 510A drive is only capable of burning 4x DVD MEDIA. It can only burn at 4x speed. If you want to burn at a faster speed you need to purchase a faster dvd burner. Buying faster DVD MEDIA will not enable you to burn faster than 4x on your SONY 510A drive.

here's the specs for your SONY 510A drive
    https://www.videohelp.com/dvdwriters.php?DVDnameid=102&Search=Search&list=2#comments
    Quote Quote  
  3. dammit i meant 710a lol

im not delusional or newb just tired

any help would be appriciated
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by KingAtRock
    dammit i meant 710a lol

im not delusional or newb just tired

any help would be appriciated
    check out the LITEON FORUM at CDFREAKS.COM because that SONY 710 you have is a REBADGED LITEON drive. also it's a known fact that LITEON drives prefer DVD+R MEDIA.
    Quote Quote  
  5. yeah.. i know about 710a - liteon and +rw...
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The problem is that the Dru 710a Burn DVD-R upto 8X max. I just checked because I got the same model. Unless you do the firmware update at this site http://codeguys.rpc1.org/firmwares.html just look for DRU-710A
    but the maxim will be 12 x burn speed on DVD-R.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What is your hurry?....
    Quote Quote