VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. I did have a disc in - I tried two just to be sure...I guess it doesn't support my burner....however, I did do the "scan disc" which is where I got my image from.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    you may want to check the firmware on your dvd burner. there may be a newer firmware for your drive. it's odd that your burner isn't supported with cd/dvd speed.

if there isn't a newer firmware for your drive then it could be your dvd burner or the media is fake. does the TY have a serial number embedded into the hub of the disc? anyone else you know that can burn that TY discs for you in another dvd burner?
    Quote Quote  
  3. I don't believe LG drives support PI/PO scanning.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    well it's about time you showed up steve! any ideas for him? i'm fresh out of suggestions.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    The disc has read errors as shown,doing a transfer rate scan will show massive dips with nero cd speed.Best to reburn the original files if possible.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  6. yeah, there's a number on the hubs of the dvd's....

is it strange that I have NO playback problems at all? but my friend does? that leads me to believe it's her dvd player - but then when I look at the scans.....I think differently.

i'm gonna go for tonight, but i'll be back tomorrow for more trial/error

thanks for the help!!!!

goodnight.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Possibly discs with a fake TY media code. Link us to the discs you bought, dvdguy. If they were their 'supermedia' branded discs they're fake. If they're being SOLD as TY discs under the Taiyo Yuden brand there's roughly zero chance of them being fake. Having rough edges is not of any indication of quality, or lack of it. Most of the best media I've used has rough edges, RICOHJPNR01 for example has rough edges. On the other hand some of the worst media I've used had smooth edges.

P.S. - doing a transfer rate will do as johns0 says, actually it'd likely fail to finish because of an eventual read error.
    Quote Quote  
  8. so basically there's no way of knowing whether or not I have fakes - i'm making a completely new movie now, burning to -RW first - will scan that disc for errors - if it's ok, i'll try a new TY.
    Quote Quote