VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Thread
  1. Too funny. Got me.
    Haven't been around much lately, so was like, awww crap, things have changed and I missed the posts talking about this.
    Then did a little reading and started to smile thinking, too funny.

For those with the nasty emails(there are a lot of sad people in the world), they will be back I'm sure, ban them for not having a sense of humor.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    So... Can I get my $20 back???

<Good 1 Baldrick!>
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    That is the best April F L's gag I have ever seen.

When it sounds too good to be true, it usually is!!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Google Gulp and Your Privacy
    From time to time, in order to improve Google Gulp's usefulness for our users, Google Gulp will send packets of data related to your usage of this product from a wireless transmitter embedded in the base of your Google Gulp bottle to the GulpPlex™, a heavily guarded, massively parallel server farm whose location is known only to Eric Schmidt, who carries its GPS coordinates on a 64-bit-encrypted smart card locked in a stainless-steel briefcase handcuffed to his right wrist. No personally identifiable information of any kind related to your consumption of Google Gulp or any other current or future Google Foods product will ever be given, sold, bartered, auctioned off, tossed into a late-night poker pot, or otherwise transferred in any way to any untrustworthy third party, ever, we swear.

Quote Quote  
  5. well, ya got me...and BIGTIME. I was upset.
    MOBO: ASUS P4P800 Deluxe
    CPU: 3 GHz P4
    Audio: ECHO Mona
    BSCVideo Card: ATi Radeon 9800 Pro
    Video Capture: IEEE-1394 DV
    HSF: Volcano 5
    HDD: WD 1200JB
    Video HD: WD1000BB
    CD-RW: Sony
    DVD-R: Pioneer A03
    Quote Quote  
  6. Well you got me!

I was thinking damn, Now I can't read anything today until I get home and dig out a credit card to sub.

So I went to another site dealing with Sattelite TV and then it sturck me what todays date was, I hit myself over the head and came back.

Good One
    Roger T

And for the user that doesn't like April 1st jokes, what a dull life you must lead!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL !!!!!!

Good one. You really had me going. How stupid of me. I logged on to the net five times and stared in disbelief at what I was seeing. Kept thinking "and they didn't even have the decency to pre-warn us" I thought "what a shame, all those guys we've built such an interesting rapore with, not going to talk to them again". I suppose I was going to go for the "trial membership", and see what everyone else was thinking, and maybe cough up. Good to see you all back guys ! (unless you've really gone and scared off anyone, like those poor souls that left comments)
    Quote Quote  
  8. Phew, shocked the hell out of me. I nearly fell out of my wheelchair.
    It doesn't matter who you vote for. The government always gets in.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Boy am I the fool. Just as I clicked submit, I was reaching for my wallet! LOL Its all good, I am going to see how to use PayPal and make a donation instead! This site definitely deserves it!
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    "Touché monsier pussy-cat."
    -Jerry (Tom and Jerry)
    Have a good one,

neomaine

NEW! VideoHelp.com F@H team 166011!
    http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=teampage&teamnum=166011

Folding@Home FAQ and download: http://folding.stanford.edu/
    Quote Quote  
  11. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick
    removed the april fool from the forum....it caused too much problems.
    You shit Baldrick!!!!!!!

I came in and was looking at this screen going WTF ??? how come i never heard of this i was thinking okay, i can handle this, then i thought, i'll do a week trial to get in and see what's up And in about 60 seconds, before i hit the sub button, it hit me
    What day is it

But just the people who bitched thinking it is still real make it all worth while

That is a great April Fools

EDIT:
    Now after reading all the post's on this thread i was thinking the same way as some other's, i was ready to pay also, and thinking i wonder if i can pay via paypal
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Great joke. However, I was willing to pony up, videohelp has saved me a HELL of a lot more money than the $20 anyway. How do all those freeloading a**holes figure that Baldrick pays for his hosting fees etc anyway?

Use PayPal and donate if you really like this site (the joke is a great reminder to do it anyway!).
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I dont believe i fell for it even though i knew it was April.
    Quote Quote  
  14. You got me! This is my first post, and I just have to say: Excellent joke! I've been doing a lot of reading here and I would've missed this site. I even tried googling to see what others were saying. I decided to try the 1 week trial and didn't realize it was a joke until after I hit the submit button.
    Quote Quote  
  15. I immediately signed up for the 1 week trial, also thinking about paypal...stolen credit cards, a bank transfer from my bosses account...

Well done!
    Cheers, Jim
    My DVDLab Guides
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    WTH.....I was thinking geezzzz now I'm gonna have to get a PAYPAL acct......good APRIL FOOL'S DAY JOKE!!!!!
    Quote Quote  
  17. woooooooooooo good one.

Can't wait for the 'How do I bypass the Baldrick Site Protection' threads.

Sabro
    www.sabronet.com - It's all you need...to know
    Quote Quote  
  18. Originally Posted by tphaggerty
    Use PayPal and donate if you really like this site (the joke is a great reminder to do it anyway!).
    ..And thats the main reason for this april fool, right balders?
    I got scared, took half a minute or so before i figured it out, so you could say i fell for it.
    Quote Quote  
  19. uhhhh...yea......boy am i dumb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh, and the kids got me with the old "there's an elephant in the back yard" one also.
    Quote Quote  
  20. lol, I was about to give a nasty ass email......
    Quote Quote  
  21. Good one guys...now I need to see a doctor about this stroke you caused! :P
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Heck, I clicked on the subscribe button and was going to gladly pay the $20 for the one-year privilege of accessing the site! Can' live without Videohelp.com!
    "I'm sick of paying for dinner and being served cowshit, while they give the bums eating out of the garbage my meal."
    --- D. P. Smith
    Quote Quote  
  23. Originally Posted by Baldrick
    {bleep} you, I' don't pay for such stuff
    Boy, some people sure get their knickers in a twist easily!

FWIW, I loved it!!! Thank God *somebody* still has a sense of humor out there!!!

At least you didn't write that the Martians had landed!

And from the "some people will believe ANYTHING" files, check out the top 100 April Fool hoaxes of all-time at:

http://www.museumofhoaxes.com/top100.html

By the way, I think you should make everybody who sent you a nasty-gram pay for using this site.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ozymango
    By the way, I think you should make everybody who sent you a nasty-gram pay for using this site.
    I second that... ingrates!!!!!!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    **** you, I' don't pay for such stuff
    Quote Quote  
  26. I thought this thread https://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=262978 was started to collect titles for bogus threads in the "Latest active forum topics" column of the front page for April Fools day. I think this was better though.

(Of course, then the tools section would list "wrench, hammer, screwdriver, etc.")
    "Shut up Wesley!" -- Captain Jean-Luc Picard
    Buy My Books
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    You got me!

I spent minutes seeing if I could get through anyway, another 5 saying "SHIT", left for some other regular sites, came back and decided to plunk down $20 PAYPAL, since this is an important site to me, and started to submit. Could have knocked me over with a feather.
    I've been so busy today (and lately), I didn't see it coming.
    Good reminder about donations, though (will be forthcoming). 8)

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The quotes from the e-mails are getting to be as good as or better than your original April fool's joke
    Quote Quote  
  29. Originally Posted by Baldrick
    Even if it was turned into a pay site, I'm guessing this fool wouldn't have considered it worth his money considering the 1500 DVD's of "his own" collection of DVDs backed up.
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Baldrick,
    Didn't you do this once before?
    ICBM target coordinates:
    26° 14' 10.16"N -- 80° 16' 0.91"W
    Quote Quote