Plays DVD, VCDs, SVCDs, Mini-DVDs, MP3 Discs
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 14 of 14
I selected Plays DVD, VCDs, SVCDs but it plays Mp3 discs/audio cd's too.
well mine can play any thing I throw at it... :P :P
even all pictures diff formats..
I have a few standalone players, including a recorder.
All formats are covered between 'em all 8)
i currently use a pioneer dv-270, its a champ when it comes to mpeg1/2 playing.. i'm gonna hold off purchasing another player/recorder until pioneer comes out with their next generation of dvd recorders with built in hdd.
1) multisystem for DVD's (not region free), it works for s/vcd, but not DVD.
2) option to change the audio bitrate to ac3 dd 2.0 192kbps.. right now the only options are LPCM and 256kbps ac3.
3) mpeg4 (divx, xvid) support
4) recording in 16:9, i have the 220s, and it only does 4:3.. when i'm recording from HDTV i have to take it to my computer and patch the video to 16:9.. toshiba does this and it works well. pioneer should do it aswell.. because what if i'm not watching the final dvd on a hdtv? i cant change the setting to correct the AR.
5) all the features of the dv-270
pioneer currently has a dvd player capable of playing mpeg4 (divx, xvid) files. but its only available in europe. its the 575;
i really like the 520 dvd/hdd recorder;
so basically if you had the pioneer dv-270's playback ability (with mpeg4), put a dvd recorder & hdd inside it, made it so you can record in 16:9, let me chose the audio bitrate or record from 5.1 to 5.1, and had hdmi inputs and outputs it would be the perfect dvd recorder/player.
maybe i'm asking too much :P
but i'd pay $1,000 for that
I don't throw things at mine. :P
My dvd player plays waffles.I think,therefore i am a hamster.
My old sony dvp s360 is hooked up to my surround sound (dolby 5.1 and dts 5.1 ). It only does DVD and VCD.
My newer toshiba does DVD, VCD, MP3 and JPG.
KevinDonatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
It even plays coffee can lids 8)
Everything but mini-DVD and Xvid.
Am astonished to see that nearly 50% are reporting they can play mini-DVD. Would bet money that many picked the option listing MP3 and mini-DVD even though they can't play the mini-DVD.
Doesn't seem as it has gotten that common from browsing the players list.
people might not know exactly what mini-dvd is.. they might think its the small baby sized dvd's.
I only chose that option because I could play MP3s on my player(s), but none of them do miniDVD - there really needs to be another option on there.... Although, really, if you count my modded Xbox including Xbox Media Center, I suppose there is one that will play everything I throw at it.... the regular player and the DVD recorder I have won't do miniDVD or DivX/Xvid/(insert AVI codec here) at all though.