VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hello am kinda confuse of what to use or buy in creating a photo slideshow with audio and transitions and burn to (S)VCD. It's really hard for me by just browsing here every comment, replies of many programs to use.

Can anyone here knows a better program that can do all without hassles and anything.

And also I'm just wondring why some queries here about the "TV SAFE REGION" says that when played in PC it is perfectly fit but when played in VCD/DVD players viewed in TV's aren't?

any replies would be appreciated...

Many thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    1) Take a look under tools. There, people rate applications they've used. If you want a suggestion, my choice is ProShow Gold.
    2) The TV safe region is an area which will be displayed on "all" TV sets. Different makes/models/individuals of TV cut the edges off the visible picture, so you should keep important stuff out of the borders. See "overscan". Computer monitors don't behave like this - they always show the whole image.

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks mat Ii look into that program. about overscan is there a way to prevent it? I mean I dont want my pictures to be crop.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by leinan
    about overscan is there a way to prevent it?
    You can do that by surrounding the image/video with black bars - that way, the black bars gets out of the picture, not the picture itself. But s each TV has its own idea of how much to overscan, this can be some trial and error until you get it 100% right.

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Mats I downloaded the ProShow Trial version and I think I will purchase it by next week though its a little bit difficult for me at first but am not that pro like you but it will come to that I think The features are overwhelming the samples are great really!!! Thank you so much for your suggestions now I can have all my family pictures out in the album so I can send them to our relatives abroad. MANY THANKS MATS!!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You're welcome! I think you'll find that it's not that hard to use, in relation to the wealth of features it has.

/Mats
    Quote Quote