VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast
Thread
  1. (I posted this already in the newbie.. but I figured it would be more relevant here)

Hey,

Just wanted to give you a quick heads up...

I've created a blog about my solo piano compositions.

Feel free to visit, listen, download.. and use the compositions for whatever you would like.

I hope some of you can use it for your video projects.

Let me know if anyone needs any specific piano compositions for their video... I enjoy the challenge.

You can find it at Ghost Notes
    Quote Quote  
  2. CushMan

I have downloaded and listened to some of your compositins. The are great music and soothing to mind after heavy days work. Just keep going man.
    When I was born I was so shocked that I could'nt speak for 18 months.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Excellent!

I will definately use some of them in my video projects. I'm always looking for good instimental music for my projects.

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I just posted another composition. Called Alamo.

Check it out.

Ghost Notes
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Excellent!

Now I've downloaded all you music. It took a while, I'm on dail-up. Great stuff all of it. I'm thinking of using them for background music for some family photo montages ect.

Thank's again,
    Quote Quote  
  6. Cushman you rock... it's very cool to have stuff like this out there.
    Look, let me explain something. I'm not Mr. Lebowski; you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. That, or Duder. His Dudeness. Or El Duderino, if, you know, you're not into the whole brevity thing--
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah, enjoyable stuff. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Thanks for the positive comments!

Ok, I just posted another new one. Let me know what you think!

The soundtrack from "The Firm" popped into my head when I went back and listened to this one. LOL.. I wish I was as good as Dave Grusin.

Ghost Notes
    Quote Quote  
  9. Umm...stuipd question here....how do I download them? They just link to a quicktime file that plays inside of IE. Are their any direct links to the mp3's?
    Quote Quote  
  10. There's no stupid questions.

I guess what I need to do is provide file storage site where you can go to just download the mp3's directly as files. That shouldn't be too hard. I'll work on it.

In the meantime.. if you have quicktime Pro.. it allows you to save the mp3's to your local computer.
    Another option is to copy the url of the piece that you want, open windows media player, goto FILE/OPEN URL../ and then paste the link.
    Then you can go back to FILE/Save As.. and save it to your computer.

I'm sure there's an easier way..

does anybody else have a suggestion?

I'll get to work on the file method.

-Bill
    Ghost Notes
    Quote Quote  
  11. Good idea on the media player thing...sorry I didn't think of that. Getting them fine now. Good stuff, perfect for some video compilation/slide show's I often put together. Thanks.
    One idea though is to bump them up to 192kbit/s (that's a personal preference thing though).
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by mike909
    One idea though is to bump them up to 192kbit/s (that's a personal preference thing though).
    I've never paid much attn to the mp3 rate. Does it really make a big difference?

Ghost Notes
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by CuShMaN1
    Feel free to visit, listen, download.. and use the compositions for whatever you would like.

I hope some of you can use it for your video projects.

Let me know if anyone needs any specific piano compositions for their video... I enjoy the challenge.
    Wow, Cushman, this is really generous of you and thanks for the good music! I'll definitely be using these tunes in some of my vidies and I'll make sure to credit you in the liner notes. Thanks again!
    Quote Quote  
  14. I've never paid much attn to the mp3 rate. Does it really make a big difference?
    Well, the bitrate in general makes a huge difference. As far as going from 128 to 192, you can argue either way. Some say the increase in file size is not worth it, some say they can't stand to listen to 128 etc etc. Personally I prefer 192, but I'm not sure how much of a difference it would make on these specific songs because it's not a bunch of instruments and frequencies.(guessing). Someone smarter than me could probably tell you more specifically what the disadvantage to a low bitrate is.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Cool music...I love it. You'll definitely get the credit you deserve.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    mike 909

I had same problem with download. Would not work with Firefox. It would always launch Apple Quicktime to play.

Use Explorer. Instead of selecting box with all titles, go to each title in the text part of the site. At the moment the top selection is "If I Persist.mp3". Then right-click and choose "Save Target As". Then choose your download location. And voila--it downloads. Also, very quickly. Do the same for each title.

For CuShMaN1, this is really great music. I truly envy anyone who has the gift to compose.

wwaag
    Quote Quote  
  17. Yea, typing the url into media player worked good too. maybe your way was faster though.
    Yea I listned to them all and they were very good. Thank's to Cushman...real talent.
    Quote Quote  
  18. New piece posted today.. called Gravity.

Check out more Royalty Free music for your video projects at Ghost Notes
    (Yes, really free.. no fees and nonsense.)

-Bill
    Quote Quote  
  19. Thanks man,
    Using one of your songs (so far) in current compilation on my last trip to europe. Typically for these projects I would put some smooth jazz in the backround but these work just as well, and is a nice break.
    Quote Quote  
  20. New piece posted today.. called "Inspiration". At my
    Blog.
    Check out more Royalty Free music for your video projects at Ghost Notes

-Bill
    Quote Quote  
  21. Posted another new composition today for you to use if you want.
    It's called "Where's the Juice?". It's a little more jazzy and upbeat.. it's about my little boy.

Check out more Royalty Free music for your video projects at Ghost Notes.

-Bill
    Quote Quote  
  22. Double post today. One composition recorded twice. Once with piano.. and again with a modified synth.

It provides a good contrast for intro music and then credit roll.

It's called "Chocolate" (click here to link).. check it out at my Blog.

Check out more Royalty Free music for your video projects at Ghost Notes.

-Bill
    Quote Quote  
  23. New post today. An introspective slow piece about anticipation.

It's called "Holding my Breath".. at Ghost Notes.

Royalty Free music for your video projects. (Even commercial with permission.)

-=- Bill
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Great stuff
    When it sounds too good to be true, it usually is!!
    Quote Quote  
  25. Thanks!!

-=- Bill
    Quote Quote  
  26. Lotsa good ones! I plan to do a "remix" of our wedding video, "holdingmyBreath" will be perfect for the scenes of the preparations and "Inspiration" can be used almost anywhere Havent had time to listen to all yet, but im sure theres more i can use. You see, the video coverage guys used background music from a CD with a collection of sugarsweet lovesongs, quite boring.
    Thanks a lot cush!
    Quote Quote  
  27. Wow, these are fantastic, and very creative! And how wonderful of you to make them available to everybody, thank you so much. I will definately use some of these for home videos.
    Never moon a werewolf.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Thanks!

New post today. Just a simple piece about the innocense of a child.

It's called "Naive".. at Ghost Notes.

Royalty Free music for your video projects. (Even commercial with permission.)

-=- Bill
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Bill, absolutely superb!

Great stuff, all of it. Keep up the good work. Looking forward to your next composition.
    Quote Quote  
  30. My intent is not to be mean. You are a talented musician, but once you've heard one, you've heard them all. Basically they all sound the same. Pretty much the same tempo and shows the same mood from tune to tune. Maybe you could try kicking it up a little. This is great stuff for falling asleep to. Nothing there to catch my interest nor to hold my attention.
    Sorry.
    Geronimo
    Quote Quote