VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Holt v. Creative Labs, Inc.
    San Francisco Superior Court
    Case No.CGC-03-418809

Class Action Suit (Creative lost)

In order to qualify for a certificate good for 25% off the sales price of any one Creative product, not to exceed sixty-two dollars and fifty cents ($62.50) off, you must provide the model and serial number of your Audigy ES, Audigy Platinum, Audigy Platinum eX, Audigy Gamer, Audigy MP3+, or Extigy model sound card ("Sound Card"), your address and the other information required by the form below. In order to make a claim, you must be dissatisfied with the audio processing capabilities of your Sound Card and you must release all claims against Creative, as set forth below. You may not submit more than one claim with respect to each Sound Card you purchased, and each claim must relate to a separate Sound Card. All claims are subject to verification and validation by Creative. Certificates received in this settlement may be redeemed only at Creative's online store at http://us.creative.com.

If you did not purchase a qualifying Sound Card at some time between March 28, 1999 and December 29, 2004, you are not eligible to make a claim and should not submit a Claim Form.

Please refer to the Class Notice and the Settlement Agreement posted at www.audiocardsettlement.com for additional information concerning eligibility, and processing of claims and time limtits on this claim process, the number of claims that can be submitted, procedures for disputed claims and other matters.

http://www.audiocardsettlement.com/

http://www.audiocardsettlement.com/form.asp <-- claim form
    "Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems." - Rene Descartes (1596-1650)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Wow... There were better 3rd Party Drivers for it from a site in Russia, I believe. While not the most impressive cards, I'd think a lot of other products from various companies would have been pursued first.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I read elsewhere that you had to purchase (your new product) from Creative's online store to qualify for the settlement. This is of course rewarding Creative for its prior criminal behaviour. For example, you can purchase a Creative Audigy 2 ZS Platinum at Amazon.com for $170 minus a $50 mail in rebate -- $120 total (even after paying you the rebate Creative's probably making about $70 on the deal). The same product from Creative's online store is $199, minus your 25 percent credit makes it $150. So, not only do you pay $30 more to collect your settlement, Creative makes about $80 more from the sale!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by junkmalle
    I read elsewhere that you had to purchase (your new product) from Creative's online store to qualify for the settlement. This is of course rewarding Creative for its prior criminal behaviour. For example, you can purchase a Creative Audigy 2 ZS Platinum at Amazon.com for $170 minus a $50 mail in rebate -- $120 total (even after paying you the rebate Creative's probably making about $70 on the deal). The same product from Creative's online store is $199, minus your 25 percent credit makes it $150. So, not only do you pay $30 more to collect your settlement, Creative makes about $80 more from the sale!

i quoted the exact terms required above -- also ..

and yes -- only the lawers make out ok on this (they get 470,000$) , guy who started it gets 3000$
    "Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems." - Rene Descartes (1596-1650)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    lol....Sounds to me like Creative didnt really lose... They're just giving away coupons now to unhappy customers, to lure them into buying more products.
    :star: :star: :star: :star:
    Archived DVD Scans

Nero V ImgTools V Decrypter
    :star: :star: :star: :star:
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Creative used to make some decent cards, now there going downhill. There latest card Audigy 4 is no better than its predecessor Audigy 2 ZS expect for a few minor changes, which in the real world, makes no noticable difference.

Has anyone ever notiched the live drives they make with each series of sound cards have all different cable connectors though each drive is identical in feature and look starting from the Audigy 1 to the Audigy 2 ZS (internal).
    Quote Quote