VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Stacks of 100 blanks wrapped in plastic. As I cut and peel off the plastic, I can hear the disks rubbing together and squeaking under the pressure of unwrapping. As I take off the wrapper, they slide around rubbing together even more.

I HATE NOT GETTING THEM ON SPINDLES! Why do people put up with this!?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Well I keep all of my used spindles, and when I buy the non-spindled-wrapped stacks I simple slide the new pack of blanks on an old spindle. THEN I tear off the wrapper.
    Problem solved!
    Barney
    Ok Ok Ok, I know I'm not as smart as all of you. But look how much smarter I make you look!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Mirot87
    If you will look at it very closely, shrinkwrap provides better "rub-proofing" than spindles during shipment. It is so tight that I can not imagine a disc being able to move even a bit. However, the rubbing will definitely happen, in a big way, if it is unwrapped your way. Just do the other poster's advice and you will be ok.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    What Neishaverse said. The discs themselves have a thicker hub than the writing surface, the writing surface shouldn't touch the next disc.

If you got them all in cakeboxes, you would just have to dispose of the extra boxes. As long as they are properly shipped, with sufficient padding around the shrink wrapped discs, there should be no problem.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by edu
    Originally Posted by Mirot87
    If you will look at it very closely, shrinkwrap provides better "rub-proofing" than spindles during shipment. It is so tight that I can not imagine a disc being able to move even a bit. However, the rubbing will definitely happen, in a big way, if it is unwrapped your way. Just do the other poster's advice and you will be ok.
    I agree, I've got a quite a few bad discs on spindles, the discs that are wrapped are all fine every time.
    Quote Quote  
  6. There is many different shirinkwrap plastics, This is the BAD kind....LOL
    Bad packing to.But never had a problem opening them,when they do arrive safe.

Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What discs are those?
    COPIED OVER 600 DVDS SO FAR
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I agree with the first post. Shrinkwrapped discs are a pain in the butt. I'd rather have a spindle with the proper pressure foam on top and/or bottom as needed.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  9. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by lordsmurf
    I agree with the first post. Shrinkwrapped discs are a pain in the butt. I'd rather have a spindle with the proper pressure foam on top and/or bottom as needed.
    Yep, i would rather (and always do) get them in the cake boxes with the foam on top.

Sorry CT i know it sucks but i had to chuckle seeing that photo again I remember when you got those & i would have been SOOoooo
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    look at all them coaster in that box, u must had been throwing a party and needed them so no one ruined ur tables with cups
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'd have burned them and scanned them, for shits and giggles.
    :star: :star: :star: :star:
    Archived DVD Scans

Nero V ImgTools V Decrypter
    :star: :star: :star: :star:
    Quote Quote  
  12. Heres the replacements they sent,I took some out.

Quote Quote  
  13. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Fandim
    I'd have burned them and scanned them, for shits and giggles.
    I think you would burn a pancake if you could get it in your burner just to scan it :P :P :P
    Quote Quote  
  14. canadateck,
    Where did you order those DVD's from?!
    That's f*cked up!I would call the company and raise bloody hell.
    I've never ordered shrinkwrapped media,I prefer cake boxes.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The surface disc's shrinkwrapped DO NOT rub together as the statements made earlier are 100% correct, the hub is thicker than the playing surface, making it physically impossible for the recording surface to make contact with each other. If the construction of the discs were not as described, it would be difficult to remove the discs from the spinal one at a time. I buy all my blanks in hubs, never had a problem.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Are you taking the plastic off before placing it on the spindle? If you put them on the spindle first and just slit and peel away the plastic, like you are supposed to, then they don't shift, rub, or even move at all.
    Quote Quote