VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. When I try to rip a DVD with Smartripper v2.40 it reads the DVD then it says "files still locked, try with a player". I played the DVD and tried it again. Still locked. I tried playing the DVD, then pausing it and using Smartripper again, still locked. I read somewhere that I need an ASPI layer (I have Windows XP), so I downloaded one. Now it says adapter detected but the files are still locked. I also read somewhere to open up DVD Decryptor (I have v2.4) then try opening Smartripper, but the files are still locked. I can't think of anything else. I don't Understand what the problem is. The file first file it says is locked is VTS_01_0.BUP->Win_IO locked. I don't know if there are more locked files because this is as far as it goes.
    I'm also having trouble ripping with DVD Decryptor v2.4. When I run the program it says "cannot read file VTS_02_0.IFO reason: Data error (cyclic redunandcy check)" I click okay then it says the same thing for file VTS_03_0.IFO. I then click okay and the program opens. I tried to rip DVD but it won't rip all the files because it says it can't read some of them.
    I have no idea what to do. Please help.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Does this happen with all DVDs you try to rip or just this perticular one?
    I only dream in black & white...
    MSN: paschendale@gmail.com
    Quote Quote  
  3. Well, just to be sure I tried 6 DVDs. The first 2 I tried had locked files, which made me write this in the first place. They are Halloween and How The Grinch Stole Christmas. But after you asked if it was all DVDs I tried Reindeer Games, Jurassic Park, Hannibal, and Deep Blue Sea and it could read all the files. After learning this I have a new Question, Why do some DVDs have locked files and others every file can be read? How can I unlock the files and fix this?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Maybe a dumd question, but you are playing into the actual movie correct, not just into the previews or stopping befor the movie actually starts, I ususally get into the movie then jump to chapter 2 and let play for a few seconds then close my player, has always unlocked. You may also try clad dvd or an older version of smartripper.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thanks, that did the trick.
    Quote Quote