VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a DVR-R or DVD+R in my Pioneer 220 and tried to do an A-B repeat and it comes up with this error message ""This operation is prohibited by this disc". The DVD was recorded on another non-Pioneer recorder and this disk is finalized. Is there a way around this error? It works on other DVD's that were recorded using the Pioneer. Are there other functions not supported on non-Pioneer recorded disks? TIA
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The Pioneer 220-S can only playback DVD-R/DVD-RW media. DVD+R media that is booktyped to DVDROM setting can then be played back on the 220-S recorder. If it's not booktyped to DVDROM the DVD+R media will not be able to playback. Someone can correct me if I am mistaken about that. I've played back DVD+R media that is booktyped to DVDROM which were burned with my Plextor 708a and Benq 1620 drives. They played back fine on my Pioneer 220-S with no probs.
    Quote Quote  
  3. There is no problem playing back either DVD-R or DVD+R with the Pioneer 220. The problem is setting up an A-B repeat block which won't work if it was originally recorded on another recorder. The recording was originally made on a LiteOn 5101 with DVD+R. It played and repeated fine on the LiteOn but it didn't repeat on the Pioneer so I converted it to DVD-R using my computer and still won't repeat. Any suggestions? The only thing I can think of is to re-record it with the Pioneer which is tedious to say the least.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I believe that some recorders only have "forward scanning" capabilities. Maybe the A-B repeat constitutes a "reverse scanning" operation. This is one of the sacrifices of a disc-on-the-fly recording operation.
    ICBM target coordinates:
    26° 14' 10.16"N -- 80° 16' 0.91"W
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have the Pioneer 510H and A-B loop playback works on DVDs recorded by the Pioneer, recorded on a computer and commercial DVDs. I don't have any +R discs but everything I've tried works fine. The movie has to be playing in order to activate the A and B settings but you already know this because it works with some of your discs.

The manual says this doesn't work with mp3 discs, but you're talking about video DVDs, right?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Frobozz,
    Yes they're DVD-R or DVD+R's videos. I did some more experimenting and found the Pioneer will do A-B repeat on DVD-R's made by a Panny E55, but not on DVD+R's made by a LiteOn 5101 or the same DVD+R disk copied to a DVD-R on my computer. The LiteOn disk was of course finalized. Maybe the LiteOn didn't record sufficient info on the disk to allow for A-B repeat? Or maybe it's the DVD+R format itself?
    Quote Quote