VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Okay, so I am trying to make a backup of GoodFellas, but for some reason, when I use CCE with DVDRebuilder, the final size of the movie compressed is like 3.6GB as opposed to using the entire space that I have availible to me which like 4.5GB... Does anyone know if this is okay or how can I correct this problem?
    Quote Quote  
  2. What version of Rebuilder you using? And did you use Rockas installer version?
    Quote Quote  
  3. I am using version 0.77Beta.... no installer, just zip with a folder...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Okay, so I am trying to make a backup of GoodFellas, but for some reason, when I use CCE with DVDRebuilder, the final size of the movie compressed is like 3.6GB as opposed to using the entire space that I have availible to me which like 4.5GB... Does anyone know if this is okay or how can I correct this problem?
    I don't see any problem with the disc becoming 3.6 gb. Try burning it and see if the video quality is ok. If it plays back ok then it's not a problem.
    Quote Quote  
  5. It SHOULD output to around 4.3gb if it's working properly. To increase it's output to around 4.38gb, edit the rebuilder.ini file with the following changes for the target output size, notice the addition of the 'TargetSectors' option:

[Audio]
    Selected=
    [Options]
    TargetSectors=2260000
    Mode=1
    OneClick=1
    ReduceOpt=0
    NoWarn=1
    AdditionalOutput=1
    Source=
    [CCEOptions]
    TargetSectors=2260000
    OPV=0
    VBR_bias=25

Inserting this will cause the output to sometimes be a little TOO large, I've gotten outputs up to 4499mb. You could tinker with the target size in the .INI file if you want, but when I go over in size I just load up the file in DVD Shrink and shrink or still frame some unimportant menu or other extra to get it down to size (I try to get my target size to about 4478mb).
    P.S. - is this the first movie you've tried backing up with DVD-RB? If not, what kind of sizes were you getting with the other backups?

Also, when you say your output is only 3.6gb, are you SURE you're looking in the right folder?? The correct folder is the VIDEO_TS folder, NOT the AVS folder... If Rebuilder has not created a VIDEO_TS folder, it is not finishing. If that's the case something must not be installed properly.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This goodfellas wouldnt by chance be a flipper where half the movie is on one side and half on the other.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by troyvcd1
    This goodfellas wouldnt by chance be a flipper where half the movie is on one side and half on the other.

..... If that's his 'problem'.........oh my god......
    Quote Quote  
  8. This is the newer version of GoodFellas, the entire movie is on one side of the disc this time...

As far as DVD-Rebuilder... Yes this is the first time I really used it, I tried it before a while back on Mystic River, and the output took the entire space up... but that was with some ECLll patch along with it, and just recently bought cinema craft a week ago, so I tried it using the Rebuilder/CCE method again.

I will take all of your advice on this and look into everything you guys mentioned.

Thanks a bunch for all the help...

EDIT: I don't seem to have the TARGET SECTORS line in the .ini file that you were mentioning to me...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You haven't by chance used titlesetblanker or vobblanker to blank out titles you don't want have you? I've found that when I use titlesetblanker, which puts a "~" at the end of the title files blanked and allows you to go back to the original DVD, that DVDRB will "consider" those "~" files in the calculation of bitrate. I've found that if you remove the "~" from the VIDEO_TS folder then the final size will be what it should be.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    CXChrisman

What is the version of CCE you are using?
    Please verify in Setup you have correctly selected window where to point the path. Also it has to correspond to the selected CCE version in the CCE Options menu

Other: what Decoder are you using. Rebuilder is very picky about it, and it works with someones and not with others. If you select to use Rockas installer you guarantee be using the rif¿ght one
    Newbie to DVD backup
    Quote Quote  
  11. Well guys, I was able to get it working somehow... Produced a gorgeous backup of GoodFellas...

I am just wondering though, post above mentioned something about the appropriate decoder? Well, I got the installer version of DVDRebuilder, and I switched it to MPEG2Dec3dg.dll instead of the default? The end result was fine, but is the other decoder better?

Thanx for all the tips guys, appreciate it...

CX
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If works it's OK
    Newbie to DVD backup
    Quote Quote