VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Thread
  1. Have you tried it with AC3 the way I said?
    The muxed mpeg contains mp2, correct?
    DVDLab authors with this mp2, correct?
    The mp2 goes out of sync, correct?
    Cheers, Jim
    My DVDLab Guides
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm sing ac3 and I keep trying to play with the audio delay to make it work, seems to be doing the same thing as mp2
    Quote Quote  
  3. BCAESE
    How are you adding the 2:3 pulldown in TMPG? Are you adding it under the video tab or under the advanced tab? Just for the record, I also had sync problems with DVDlab, but only on certain players and only on films made with TMPG. I switched to TDA and no longer have sync problems. Of course the problem may be that I didn't input elementary streams. I'm going to try elementary streams as reboot suggested to see if that works for me.
    It doesn't matter who you vote for. The government always gets in.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I do the 3:2 pulldown on the video tab. I've tried elementary streams, no luck

There has to be a solution this doesn't happen all the time I've over 50 PAL movies in DVDLab.

Is there a difference with doing the pulldown on the video or the advanced tab??

I need to know WHAT IS CAUSING THE GRADUAL SYNC
    Quote Quote  
  5. BCASE wrote
    Is there a difference with doing the pulldown on the video or the advanced tab??
    Yes. The advanced tab converts the film from 24 fps to 30 fps. The video tab encodes at 23.97 fps but forces the player to play the film at 29.97 fps. You are using the correct tab for the 2:3 pulldown. Do your sync problems happen on various DVD players, or only certain ones?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I use Power DVD it plays my mpeg fine but the vob file produced by DVDLab gradually goes out of sync
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm talking about your standalone players. I had the same problem, but the video only went out of sync on my Panasonic player and Lite On recorder. It played fine in my Toshiba and Apex machines.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm talking about your standalone players. I had the same problem, but the video only went out of sync on my Panasonic player and Lite On recorder. It played fine in my Toshiba and Apex machines.
    I tried it on my Apex machine and it still gradually goes out of sync!

I guess there is no logical soution for a pefectly sync mpeg but when it authors it goes out of sync

If there are any Mods out there please help me out I'v tried all the advice on this thread.

I am going from PAL- NTSC 25fps - 23.97
    I use besweet for audio
    I use TMPGEnc for video

At the end my coverted mpeg plays back prerfect, author stage is when the problem start.

Please help
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by BCAESE
    Then use GUIforDVDauthor.

Damn, this program sux, still waiting for a solution for gradual out of sync with a perfectly sync mpeg.
    Obviously, not all advices...
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I know that this is just not a mystery. I've searched all the threads in this forum before starting the thread.

I am free to any suggestions believe me I've tried all on this thread

Just need to know

a)what causes this problem with some mpegs
    b) the solution

Although I would be happy with just the solution
    Quote Quote  
  11. First thing I would do is go to Start > Control Panel, Add/Remove programs > Besweet > Remove.
    You're probably using it to change the "framerate" of the audio. Audio files don't have framerate, and besweet is totally misleading on this.
    Back to my other post, Have you tried it with AC3 the way I said?
    Cheers, Jim
    My DVDLab Guides
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the reply Reboot ,

First thing I would do is go to Start > Control Panel, Add/Remove programs > Besweet > Remove.
    You're probably using it to change the "framerate" of the audio. Audio files don't have framerate, and besweet is totally misleading on this.
    Back to my other post, Have you tried it with AC3 the way I said?

If I don't change the framerate audio from 25fps to 23.97fps it will definetely be out of sync.

video = 23.97 (ecoded)
    audio = 25 (original framerate)

They must be the same speed, right?

The sync is going out during the editing process.
    Here's what i would do.
    Rip audio in virtualdubmod from the source.
    Transcode to AC3 in ffmpeggui.
    Encode video.
    Make sure the audio and video have the same name, different extention. eg: mymovie.m2v and mymovie.ac3
    Load the m2v into Cuttermaran.
    Edit. Save.
    Author and test
    In these instructions you are only trancoding the audio and encoding the video. Therefore the video is NTSC speed and audio is PAL speed?

Let me know, Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  13. Audio DOES NOT HAVE A FRAMERATE!!!
    Audio IS NOT PAL NOR NTSC!!!
    Audio DOES NOT have a "speed", in the way you're thinking.
    Forget everything you learned in that tutorial from doom using besweet, and framerate conversions.
    Get rid of besweet.
    Get ffmpeggui.
    Follow the instructions i gave in your above post, but skip the step about editing in Cuttermaran, because you're not doing any editing.
    Cheers, Jim
    My DVDLab Guides
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Audio DOES NOT HAVE A FRAMERATE!!!
    Audio IS NOT PAL NOR NTSC!!!
    Audio DOES NOT have a "speed", in the way you're thinking.
    Forget everything you learned in that tutorial from doom using besweet, and framerate conversions.
    Get rid of besweet.
    Get ffmpeggui.
    Follow the instructions i gave in your above post, but skip the step about editing in Cuttermaran, because you're not doing any editing.
    -So If I demux my original audio from my PAL mpeg
    -transcode the audio to AC3 @ 48k with ffmpeggui
    -author my AC3 with my encoded video @ 23.97
    -everything will be fine?

Thanks a lot reboot, cause I have always used Besweet to slow down the audio, maybe this is the cause of the gradual sync?

Maybe DVDLab slows down the audio in the authoring process??

I hope this is right, if it is thanks to that crappy tutorial
    I will try it and let you know the results
    Quote Quote  
  15. Besweet is the cause of ALL your sync issues.
    You keep thinking that audio has a "framerate". This is where besweet is a POS!
    All you need is the extracted audio, in the right format for DVD. This is AC3, and thanks to ffmpeggui, it will simply put it at the right bitrate, at the right frequency, in the right format.
    DVDLab doesn't touch AC3. It can't "slow down" or speed up audio, it just muxes it with the video during compilation.
    If you want to use mp2 audio, and some other authoring app, fine. I have no problem with that, BUT...
    If you're going to use DVDLab, make sure all your audio is AC3, ripped from the source, at the right frequency/bitrate, then do whatever magic you need with your video, in an encoder.
    Load the m2v and AC3 and author.
    Cheers, Jim
    My DVDLab Guides
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well I tried everything you said and no luck. I used the original audio from the PAL source authored it with my new encoded NTSC video and just like I thought it played out of sync. It played too fast (PAL speed)

So I followed what you said earlier use goldwave and timewarp the audio to be the same length as the video, transcode audio to AC3 @ 224bitrate 48K Authored it and still inconsistant sync Especially near the end. I tried the audio delay feature that does not help gradual synce issues. Even when the audio was the exact length of time as the video

Maybe it's problem with the video dropped frames or something.

I tried the same thing with a Pal video I ripped. After conversion to NTSC the same audio problem
    Quote Quote  
  17. Try this:
    1. The basic principle involved here is to strip out the Audio file (de-mux) then stretch or compress the audio frequency, 48khz, and re-sample to 48khz for DVD. Then convert to *.MP2 or AC3 format and re-multiplex with video stream (only for testing).

2. Demux the MPG file so we can manipulate the Audio file. Run TMPGEnc, click on File and select MPEG Tools. Select Simple De-multiplex tab and for Input, browse to your problem MPG. Video and Audio output names will be automatically generated. The Audio being *.MP2 and video being *.M1V or *.M2V. Click Run and wait until its finished. Exit TMPGEnc.
    Alternatively, run virtualdubmod, load your file, select Streams, stream list. Right click on the audio, select Full Processing Mode, then click Save WAV.

3. We now have to estimate the approx time, in seconds, that the audio is out of sync and nearest to the end of the movie as possible. Simply play the original movie with WinDVD or similar player. Windows Media Player is not recommended as it can A/V sync problems of its own. Move slider to near the end of the movie and look for speech, gun fire, explosions, door slamming, etc where you have a precise Audio to Video match up. Estimate the time difference and not the length of the movie. Lets say we find the Audio trails the Video by about 1 second and the movie length was 48 min or 2880 sec (the door slams and about 1 sec later we hear the thud).

3. Run Goldwave and load in the *.MP2 or .wav file. Its also best to turn OFF the Undo feature to speed up the conversions (in Options / File...) Click on Effects and then Playback Rate. We need to change the 48000 Hz to sync the movie, use these formulae:

New Hz (Audio trails Video) = (Movie length in sec + Out of Sync in sec)/(Movie length in sec) * 48000

or

New Hz (Audio precedes Video) = (Movie length in sec - Out of Sync in sec)/(Movie length in sec) * 48000

So for our example, we have:

New Hz = (48x60 + 1) / (43x60) * 48000 = 48115

So change the Rate from 48000 to 48115 (or the number you calculated) and hit OK. Now click Effects again and select Resample. Change the 48115 (or what ever figure you have) back to 48000 and hit OK. Once the conversion is finished, hit Save. For Type select Wave (*.wav) and Attributes as 16bit, Stereo, Signed. Change File name if needed and hit Save. When it finish's answer No and exit the program.

4. We now need to convert our WAV file back to an MP2 or AC3 form. TMPGEnc is the simplest to use for mp2. Run TMPGEnc, and click File, then New Project to clear out old settings. For Stream Type select Audio Only and for Audio Source, browse to our new WAV file and Open it. Rename the Output file name to something different than the original MP2 file. Do NOT change any other settings except Normalize in Setting button (do this only if the audio appears low in volume). Then click OK and finally click Start. When done, exit TMPGEnc. Alternatively, transcode in ffmpeggui to AC3 at 48kHz for your project.

5. Compile the project in DVDLab and test. Alternatively, remux the video and audio in tmpgenc's mpeg tools, simple remux, and select mpeg-2 program VBR. When done, play the new MPG file in WinDVD and check that A/V sync has been fixed. If its still out a bit, you need to start all over again from Point 3 changing the frequency Rate a bit higher or lower. Repeat until its fixed.

If the project is avi, load the video into virtualdubmod, load the fixed .wav as the audio source, and play it to check for sync.
    Once you have it, you can then encode the VIDEO ONLY in tmpgenc or other encoder, and transcode audio in ffmpeggui to AC3, then import into DVDLab.
    Cheers, Jim
    My DVDLab Guides
    Quote Quote  
  18. right,with the perfectly synced mpeg,demultiplex it in tmpgenc, then run the sound file (.mp2) through ffmpeggui,ending up with an .ac3 file and an .m2v.
    author new dvd in ifoedit,then open up dvdlab pro,and join the vobs,then just author it with menus as normal,it wont go out of sync.all in all itll take about 15 minutes more than just now,and will work perfectly
    LifeStudies 1.01 - The Angle Of The Dangle Is Indirectly Proportionate To The Heat Of The Beat,Provided The Mass Of The Ass Is Constant.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by BCAESE
    still waiting for a solution for gradual out of sync with a perfectly sync mpeg.
    Seriously try svcd2dvd v2. if you have a mpeg program stream which is in sync, this will be maintained in the final dvd. There is no demuxing involved.
    SVCD2DVD v2.5, AVI/MPEG/HDTV/AviSynth/h264->DVD, PAL->NTSC conversion.
    VOB2MPG PRO, Extract mpegs from your DVDs - with you in control!
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Compile the project in DVDLab and test. Alternatively, remux the video and audio in tmpgenc's mpeg tools, simple remux, and select mpeg-2 program VBR. When done, play the new MPG file in WinDVD and check that A/V sync has been fixed. If its still out a bit, you need to start all over again from Point 3 changing the frequency Rate a bit higher or lower. Repeat until its fixed.
    I appreciate all the help but my Mpeg is totally in sync after conversion from PAL - NTSC. Only when DVDlab authors the files is when it is out of sync. Therefore my Vobs are only out of sync, never my mpegs before authoring. It is always a gradual sync issue with the Vobs.

I use Power DVD to playback my Vobs to test before burning and that is when I notice the problem. How is this possible when the audio is the same length as the video?? Exactly!
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    New Hz (Audio trails Video) = (Movie length in sec + Out of Sync in sec)/(Movie length in sec) * 48000

or

New Hz (Audio precedes Video) = (Movie length in sec - Out of Sync in sec)/(Movie length in sec) * 48000

Can you give me an example of the calculation if a movie is 60 minutes this way it is clear
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I use DVDLab not DVDLab pro could this be the problem??
    Quote Quote  
  23. Might be.
    I assume your goal is rather to research the problem why they are desynch after authoring, than to produce a DVD in synch. Then use another authoring programm simply to see that this is DVDLab fault. If the resulting vobs are also out of synch with another authoring software you should follow your procedure to see what steps might have change - for example the puldown you can apply with another program like DoPulldown or DGPulldown.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Originally Posted by BCAESE
    I use DVDLab not DVDLab pro could this be the problem??
    Most likely that is your problem. I found that the old DVD-lab had problems with video that had pulldown on it, but DVD-lab Pro handles them just fine. There is a 30 day trial of DVD-lab Pro available:
    http://www.mediachance.com/download.htm

You can try that and see if it works for you. One note of caution though, when you open your project in DVD-lab Pro, save it as a different filename than the one created in DVD-lab, as files saved in DVD-lab Pro won't open in DVD-lab.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Originally Posted by BCAESE

or

Can you give me an example of the calculation if a movie is 60 minutes this way it is clear
    Your movie is 60 minutes, and the audio TRAILS the video by 2 seconds at the end.
    New Hz (Audio trails Video) = 60(minutes video length) * 60 (seconds in a minute) +2 (number of seconds it's out of sync) / 60(minutes video length) * 60 (seconds in a minute) *48000
    New Hz= 360 + 2 / 360 *48000
    New Hz= 362 / 360 * 48000
    New Hz= 1.005 * 48000
    New Hz= 48240
    Cheers, Jim
    My DVDLab Guides
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Your movie is 60 minutes, and the audio TRAILS the video by 2 seconds at the end.
    New Hz (Audio trails Video) = 60(minutes video length) * 60 (seconds in a minute) +2 (number of seconds it's out of sync) / 60(minutes video length) * 60 (seconds in a minute) *48000
    New Hz= 360 + 2 / 360 *48000
    New Hz= 362 / 360 * 48000
    New Hz= 1.005 * 48000
    New Hz= 48240
    Thanks Reboot, Does this fix gradual sync problem because my sync problem with my vob is gradual.
    Quote Quote  
  27. This is ONLY for gradual/progressive sync, where it's perfect at the beginning, and get's worse throughout the movie.
    Cheers, Jim
    My DVDLab Guides
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I was reading some Tuts and does DVDLab apply a pulldown automatically?

Because when I encode my video with TMPGEnc I always do 23.97 and 2:3 pulldown.

Maybe I'm doing a pulldown twice causing the gradual sync when authoring.

Does DVDLab do a pulldown because if it does then I know something is wrong.
    Quote Quote  
  29. If the source has 2:3 pulldown, DLP will recognize that. It doesn't re-encode anything, the player looks after the 2:3 pullup during playback.
    Look in your assets window, it will say the fps.
    BTW, the framerate should be 23.976, not 23.97...is this where you're going wrong?
    Cheers, Jim
    My DVDLab Guides
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This is the method that I found this process looks like a simple and easy way to convert PAL - NTSC with out sync problems.

Seeing that PAL video is most of the time progressive. Pleased let me know what you think.

How To Convert To Pal or NTSC With Dgpulldown
    Software required
    Tmpgenc
    Dgpulldown

This method will let you encode avi or mpg files without needing to
    change the framerate or audio,all you need to do is encode the movie
    clip with the desired resolution such as 352x480/576 or 720x480/576
    for dvd compliant files or 480x480/576 for svcd with a program such
    as tmpgenc.You will see that when you load a pal avi that you set the
    resolution to ntsc(352x480) for example but leave the framerate at
    25fps,If it was a ntsc avi then the resolution would be encoded at
    352x576 with the framerate left at 23.976.This goes for the other
    types of resolutions,just dont change the fps.

After the file is encoded then go to tmpgenc/file/mpeg tools/simple de-multiplex
    and load the mpg and demux.

What you need to do after the file is encoded is open dgpulldown

Then load the m2v that you got from demuxing and browse and open
    with dgpulldown and choose the desired fps,if the file was pal-ntsc then the
    selection would be 25-> 29.97,for ntsc to pal it would be custom
    23.976->25 or 29.97->25 depending what the original fps was.
    after the dgpulldown conversion is done then the m2v and mp2 can be
    remuxed with tmpgenc/file/mpeg tools/simple multiplex or for dvd
    authoring just import the m2v and mp2 directly to the authoring
    program

The audio doesnt have to be changed at all with this method in that it
    stays the same in time length so theres less chance of the audio going
    out of sync.
    Quote Quote