VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I think they buy from rima.com
    Quote Quote  
  2. I just bought those discs. 10 flawless burns so far out of my stack of 100.
    Quote Quote  
  3. and my drive is REALLY picky about media so I'm fairly confident that they are authentic.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I have always received authentic TY from them. I received that offer in an email as well.
    Quote Quote  
  5. If they are the same thing Supermedia store has, I'm sure they are, they are Taiyo Yuden discs. I've had problems with a few of them though. I've burned about 2000 Prodiscs and 350 Fuji Taiyo Yuden discs without ever having problems with a single disc, till these discs. It was mentioned on here a couple of weeks ago that these are B grade discs, I would agree. 98% of them burn fine though.
    Quote Quote  
  6. meritline has been KNOWN and VERIFIED to sell FAKE media before-- and i've been ripped off by them before with their FAKE MAXELL, and the never cared to make things right. THEY ARE SCUM!!! run from them!!!
    try Rima.com, they are the best!
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Lobe, have you actually bought the TY discs from Meritline? Others have, and have verified they are genuine TY discs. Do you have to bash Meritline in every thread?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I buy quite often from Meriline and have never had a problem with them. I also buy from Rima and no problem.
    Quote Quote  
  9. I've not bought these from Meritline, but if they're the same discs that I got from Shop4Tech, they're TY01's. As others have stated, I've had mixed results with them. I've burned at up to 8X with my Pioneer A107, about 35 of my first 100 stack and have had 3 bad ones thus far. Mine came marked Value Media or something of the sort.

Also, when I checked the link above, I'll swear the quantity 100 price was $31.49 after coupon, not $30.00.
    Quote Quote  
  10. These are genuine TY, they are either G01 or G02. G01s are rated at 4X so some drives will have problems when burning at 8X as ybeard has said, but if you notice, they are sold as 4X so problems above the rated speed should not be a black mark against the seller, even if you get G02. These are listed as "Value" grade and are more susceptible to block errors. Many of us have purchased 100s of these and they are very close to the Premium grade. The difference is that there will be an occasional disc with a problem, not a generally lower quality overall.

Meritline, supermediastore, and shop4tech all have the same discs. None of these companies have sold fake TY media that was advertised as TY. Some of their "house brand" media has had TY media codes but it was not sold as genuine TY.

These are great; see my scans here:

https://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=257422&highlight=
    Still a few bugs in the system...
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    People seem to think media not advertised as TY (or MXL, or MCC, or whatever) but that have those media codes are trying to pass themselves off as those brands and I don't know why...
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by Gen-An
    People seem to think media not advertised as TY (or MXL, or MCC, or whatever) but that have those media codes are trying to pass themselves off as those brands and I don't know why...
    Overseas and on Ebay this misrepresentation happens a lot. So far, not in the US, at least that I have read of.
    Still a few bugs in the system...
    Quote Quote  
  13. I haven't had any more problems since the few discs a couple of weeks ago, and I've burned alot of them since then. I've only had a few burn at 4x instead of 8x since then even. The problem ones were close together on the spindles. If you do have a problem with one, be careful with the next few, they may have problems too. For 30 cents per disc I don't think you could find anything better.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Gen-An
    I don't understand it either. Be skeptical (and therefore careful) is fine, but seeing boogeymen everywhere is getting pretty obnoxious.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote