VideoHelp Forum

Poll: How many "incomplete" video projects do you still have????

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,

Ok so how many slackers out there???? How many half finished projects do you have???? How many mpg or avi files are sitting on your computer ready to be edited and authored???

I've got at least 10 I think right now sitting on my drive. I have a few more on dvdr in mpg form that need authoring. Its one of those things that need a bit of motivation to finish.

I also have more vhs to dub with my wintv pvr250.....

So how about you????

Kevin
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Way over 15, Never find the time.Always get caught up with somthing else.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Only 2 at the moment. I never have more than 3 or 4 on the go at a time and tend to try and finish stuff off before starting something new. That doesn't mean everything gets finished of course!
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world. Those that understand binary...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    6-10, easily... not counting the stuff that's "to be captured / authored", just the stuff that's been started and is living on my hard drives for some reason...

need to start cranking on some of it this week.

(yeah, right).
    - housepig
    ----------------
    Housepig Records
    out now:
    Various Artists "Six Doors"
    Unicorn "Playing With Light"
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM

the first is a box full of vhs-c tapes that i need to get on to dvd's. this is gonna take forever, there are like 30 tapes..

the second is a laser disc movie that i need to get on a dvd.. this one shouldnt be too difficult, i'd say about 4 hours of work should get it done.
    Quote Quote  
  6. 3-4 are lying on my PC & laptop desparately wanting my attention!

And about 3-4 old VHS cassettes wating for capture and conversion.
    When I was born I was so shocked that I could'nt speak for 18 months.
    Quote Quote  
  7. 2, and probably b/c those are the ones I'm not getting paid for...one of our vacation last summer and the other for a charity fund raising event, producing a 3-5 min. video of the event from about 2 hours of captured footage..all paid ones get done quickly...!
    "As you ramble on through life, brother, whatever be your goal - keep your eye upon the doughnut and not upon the hole."
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,

Well at least I'm not alone in putting off my projects!

Kevin
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    How many incomplete video projects do you have?

The title would suggest projects that have been started and left unfinished ?

If that is the case i would be at 0 8) i have tons i want to start and i just finished 10 in the last 4 days, but when i start one i want to get it done and out of the way as soon as possible but i do put off starting them sometimes
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    "all" is not an option
    "Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems." - Rene Descartes (1596-1650)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    my life is a work in progress, and i'm trying my best never to complete it.

BJ_M, your crazy running spider is FREAKING ME OUT!!! i'm an arachnophobe and your anim is doing exactly the kinda thing that i hate spiders doing - that is, making with that skittery running stuff. makes it hard to concentrate, y'know?
    never absorb anything bigger than your own head
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    NONE.

I like to complete one before starting another.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Radixmind
    your crazy running spider is FREAKING ME OUT!!! i'm an arachnophobe and your anim is doing exactly the kinda thing that i hate spiders doing - that is, making with that skittery running stuff. makes it hard to concentrate, y'know?

How many incomplete projects? ... Enough to cause stress.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    i'll switch to a cockroach in a day or two ..
    "Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems." - Rene Descartes (1596-1650)
    Quote Quote  
  15. edit
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    3 Large Projects & Many Small Projects. Can't find the time to deal with the big ones. So Officially I'm a Slacker!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Unfinished - 1
    Unstarted - 200 or so.
    Quote Quote  
  18. I have 1 dvd project I need to build and 5 or 6 music videos to encode to svcd.

Video takes some time to encode and it's hard to use the computer while encoding
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    All unfinished projects. Each time I think I am done but discover new thing to improve. I guess all my projects are in progress.
    Quote Quote  
  20. I said 15+, but most of those I haven't started yet. In progress jobs woulb be less than five.

Darryl
    Quote Quote  
  21. If you're counting video tapes sitting on the shelf that I haven't even gotten around to capturing yet, then we're talking almost two dozen.

If we're talking video footage that I've finally captured to my computer as avi but haven't converted to mpeg yet, that just a couple; there'd be more but avi takes up so frikkin' much disc space I've actually deleted a couple of 30gb "projects" when I needed space now and couldn't wait to convert the footage. So add that footage back to the stack of tapes that I mean to capture, soon.

As for "completed" mpeg files that I haven't yet burned to DVD ... about a half-dozen of those. For half of those I've not finished them because I've got some idea of cute titles and edits but never get around to it ... and there's a few vids in there where I have multiple copies of the same footage, and I can't figure out which one is "best." That is, I obviously re-rendered some footage for some reason or other, ran some filters, changed the audio, did something that I must've done for a reason but I look at the footage (on my computer screen) and go, "I can't tell the difference between these."

Yeah, I should just burn each sample to RW and see if they play back differently ... or maybe just recapture the master tape again and do it right this time. Yeah, right!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,

Originally Posted by ozymango
    For half of those I've not finished them because I've got some idea of cute titles and edits but never get around to it ...
    Boy haven't we all been there??? "I've got this awesome idea for my video...... (3 months go by).... What the hell was that idea again????"

Kevin
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I have some 300Gb worth of "projects in progress".

Counting camcorder tapes captured for editing - more tapes are captured before editing actually will start. 4 projects as of yet.

TV captures of late night show replays - these tend to get finished, otherwise I won't be able to see them. But I have to wait until 4 episodes or two movies are captured before I can record a DVD. 5 ongoing projects.

Formula 1 races - I was done with them but 2005 championship started again - damn!!! Only 1 project in the funnel, 2 as of next Sunday.

A "Stargate rips off Startrek" project, also titled: "Original Stargate ideas dating back to 1966".

And some more ...
    The more I learn, the more I come to realize how little it is I know.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    well over 250 'projects' sitting on my various hard drives

not to mention my VHS collection....
    "To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism; to steal from many is research." - Steven Wright
    "Megalomaniacal, and harder than the rest!"
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    6 projects currently in the computer that need to finish sometime this year. That including my wedding video from 8mm tape (I got married in 1997 and my wife keep asking what happen to the video?? ) and my twins first , second, and third birthdays (the kids are now 5)
    I'm still have to capture the kids 4th and 5th birthday to the computer.
    I've around 5 x 120-160Gig drives of captured video from various trips that are in AVI format which I'll encoded to MPG2 one of these day (I use removable drive, so when one drive is full, I just go out and get a new one one and pop it in so it's seem that to have lost the incentive of convert to MPG2 and burn.... In another word, I'm getting LAZY.. )
    Projects in the back burner:
    200+ of VHS to be transfer to DVD. I think one of these day I'll get a DVD recorder and take care of these instead of capture and convert.....
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Can't find Tape 2 in the series ...
    this is the state of a few projects on my harrdrive..
    When and if part two shows up...The projects will be complete..
    Honest its just a few!!
    Quote Quote  
  27. Master of Time & Space Capmaster's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    1 - 5. All works that are underway, but stalled for one reason or another.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Far too goddamn old now EddyH's Avatar
    Soul sucking suburbia! But a different part since I last logged on.
    Search Comp PM
    somewhere in the 6-10 range. not entirely sure. multiplex it with my incomplete audio and "other" projects and it probably hits the high 20s.

ultimate slac-kateer?

my favourite two which have been on interminable hold are replacing the audio to an NHMK anime music video (Push It vs Mononoke for those who know) with something more amusing that still fits the visuals (smooth criminal ALMOST worked)... and some CDR with lots of final fantasy music on which originally got started a few months after i first got my CD writer back in '99.... just needs far too much attention and i have other things to do.

Such as writing these backups of my import Ghibli DVDs so that they don't have region coding on - which will be the only way I can watch them in reasonable quality i.e. on my PC (ripped them with a shareware all-region tool thats now expired) as my (PAL) tv is one of the "you can have it in colour but jerky, or smooth but in black and white" pedigree... until I break out the transcoder and make them properly PAL-standard of course.

Once upon a time i was also trying to track down the fabled MPG copies of Mysterious Cities of Gold in english, too.... that died a death at about episode 6 (was taking about a month an ep)... and downloading some Joan Baez stuff for my nan because the only legal way to get hold of the tracks she liked would be to either buy about five different albums at £15 each, or a new turntable (conveniently, also in that ~£75 price range).
    -= She sez there's ants in the carpet, dirty little monsters! =-
    Back after a long time away, mainly because I now need to start making up vidcapped DVDRs for work and I haven't a clue where to start any more!
    Quote Quote