VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have copied a laserdisk, and when I was through, to remove the clickity-clik, I extracted the Audio. In Quicktime format it played perfectly so I went ahead and made a Toast.Image.
    When I opened the image to play the disk, the clakity-clak had returned.
    Please advise as to where I have gone wrong.
    I have used both iMovie 4.0.1 and iMovie 5.0.1 with the same results.
    TIA
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What is the clickity-click you're referring to? I've copied Laserdiscs using a Canopus ADVC 55 to iMovie and haven't heard anything like that. How are you copying the laserdiscs?
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm using Miglia (Directors Cut) converter
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Was any of this clicking audible as you were capturing from the laserdisc? Apparently you hear it while playing the video in iMovie. If it wasn't audible while recording but showed up after recording, then it is either being added by the Mac or it is a defect in playback that isn't really there on the file. You might want to waste a blank disc to hear how it sounds on a standalone player after being burned with Toast.

I once had a hard drive on a PowerBook that added clicks to audio I captured. Replacing the hard drive fixed that. But it was a periodic click as if playing a vinyl record that had a long scratch in it.

If the audio file is corrupted with this clicking there is no perfect way to clean it up. It is better to re-capture it since you have the original source available to you.

I also suggest contacting Miglia for support. Maybe that unit is defective.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thank you for your reply.
    I have a call in to Miglia about this problem.
    It records perfectly..it transfers perfectly to QT,. only when I am ready to burn it, it reverts back to that audio defect.
    What I don't understand is if I extracted the audio...how did it get back. Most confusing.
    Quote Quote