VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast
Thread
  1. Looking for opinions. I've only tried EZ CD Creator 5, and am about to un-install it. Any recommnedations on what should replace it? (I've got copies of Nero, and WinOnCD, not installed yet...)

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Use NERO!

U can burn possibly everything on cd.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I've tried Win-on-CD, Nero, Acrapdetc and 1 or two others. ther best I found for me was NTI. It works great. They're at http://www.ntius.com
    visit my China Railways page at;
    http://www.azagel.com/crail.html

MIDI music on my site also. Have a nice day.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @allenz

I checked NTI's website, but couldn't find any info if the CDMaker Software actually supports SVCD mode or WMF files, as Nero does.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    My personal choice is WinOnCD3.8PE, but I found somewhere 'Easy Creator DeLuxe Platinum 5.0' and hasn't tested that one yet..
    If I have a bin/cue file, it doesn't matter which is best..
    Quote Quote  
  6. WinONCD 3.8PE is the best. I agree Betamax
    Quote Quote  
  7. Can Nero and WinOnCD both be installed at the same time? I've heard about issues with Nero and EZ CD both being installed....
    Quote Quote  
  8. Can Nero and WinOnCD both be installed at the same time? I've heard about issues with Nero and EZ CD both being installed....
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Nero and Direct CD cannot exist togather.

However, I have Never Burnt a succesful CD with nero.

Why???????

I uninstalled Direct CD. DOes EZ CD Creator have to die to?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    <TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
    On 2001-07-16 22:53:50, Greg12 wrote:
    Nero and Direct CD cannot exist togather.

However, I have Never Burnt a succesful CD with nero.
    Why???????

I uninstalled Direct CD. DOes EZ CD Creator have to die to?
    </BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR></TABLE>

YES, EZ CD Creator especially, has to be uninstalled before another burning software can work.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have been using couple burning programs: CDRWin, Adaptec Easy CD Creator and Nero.
    I have to say that Nero is the best in my opinion. I can burn every kind of CDs with it with no problems (VCD, SVCD, Audio, Data, Games). It also converts audio to MP3 and AVI files to MPEG (never tried MPEG feature though).

I was using Nero 5.5.1.9 but now I updated to Nero 5.5.2.4 and this works better, specially the menu option which is great feature. I can add my own background menu pictures into the VCD or SVCD.
    Quote Quote  
  12. What about I-Author?
    Is it any good? It is (or used to be) expensive. Is it available for purchase? It is not found among Enreach's products (www.enreach.com).

In the user guide on the left, it says that the created cd image can be burnt by Easy CD Creater, so they should be able to co-exist, right?

Thanks.
    BeTa
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search PM
    This question "Which is the best burning software" (or similar questions) keeps reappearing. Would it be possible to put a table together summarising what each program can and can't do?

The programs :

1) Nero
    2) Easy CD Creator
    3) WinOnCD
    4) Videopak
    5) I-Author
    6) CDRWin
    7) NTI CD maker
    8) VCDimage
    9) ...plus others I'm sure

The questions

1) Video capability
    • VCD ?
    • SVCD ?
    • XVCD ?
    • Menus ?
    • Chapters ?

2) Photoalbum capability
    • Maximum number of photos ?
    • Sound with photos ?

3) Other capabilities

4) Is there a demo available?

5) Is it available for download?

6) In which contries is it being sold?

7) How much does it cost in US$ ?

I'm sure this could be improved does anyone have any ideas?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JohnT on 2001-07-17 11:08:06 ]</font>
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I like Nero and EZ Creator..
    I use both, I only had problems with Nero durning install but sense install no problems.

I use Nero for vcd, svcd, mp3s, data, direct cd.
    and EZ for mp3s, dirct cd, direct drive, data, system backup, blah blah blah...

any ways,
    Nero = good for vcds, svcds.
    Ez = good for everything else.. BUT I have never used the EZ for vcds and svcds and dont want too.
    Td L
    idrci777@netscape.net
    you are not a beautiful and unique snowflake
    Quote Quote  
  15. <TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
    On 2001-07-17 11:06:35, idrci777 wrote:
    I like Nero and EZ Creator..
    I use both, I only had problems with Nero durning install but sense install no problems.

I use Nero for vcd, svcd, mp3s, data, direct cd.
    and EZ for mp3s, dirct cd, direct drive, data, system backup, blah blah blah...

any ways,
    Nero = good for vcds, svcds.
    Ez = good for everything else.. BUT I have never used the EZ for vcds and svcds and dont want too.

I've been told you can't have both of these installed at the same time...
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    On 2001-07-17 11:31:20, TomT1 wrote:
    <TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
    I've been told you can't have both of these installed at the same time...

They told you wrong!
    I use (without any problems at all) Nero, EZ Creator, DirectCD (although I've uninstalled that one - got no use for it), WinOnCD, InstantDirect (great to write DVD's although I don't have a DVD-writer, but oke for CDR too), I-Author and VideoPack (VideoPack will leave soon too : the version in WinOnCD is much better !); all together on the same system in the same OS : WinME.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @ Betamax

You're one of the lucky ones then. Normally using EZ CD Creator with another burning program has influence on certain drivers. I use WinME as well and once EZ CD Creator was installed (Nero was already installed) everything went wrong. Perhaps one has to install EZ CD Creator first, then Nero - I don't know. But installing and un-installing is so easy these days, I don't worry that much.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Regardless of the burning software, it seems they all create file directories when burning a VCD. I have looked at the structure, and it seems the .dat file is in Mpegav directory. I was wondering how a DVD player knows to look there for the file (or if it does). There are no files in the root directory of the disk, so how can the player run the .dat file?

Just curious....
    Quote Quote  
  19. PS: Has anyone burned a VCD that plays in a DVD player? I'm beginning to think it can't be done....
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    On 2001-07-17 15:04:31, TomT1 wrote:
    PS: Has anyone burned a VCD that plays in a DVD player? I'm beginning to think it can't be done....
    I hope that was a rhetorical question <grin>

As for how the Player knows what to play - the information is in the firmware of each player (i.e. compare it to the operating system of your PC). Thats why certain DVD Players need firmware upgrades to be able to do this and that.
    Quote Quote  
  21. aldus, I'll be more specific, has anyone burned a VCD that will play on a Sony S7000? This was their first DVD player, put out in '97, and it supposedly plays VCD's...
    Quote Quote  
  22. Playing VCD is different than playing CDR or CDRW. Perhaps the player is capable of playing commercially produced VCD's but cannot read a home baked CDR(w) produced VCD.
    Quote Quote  
  23. I have one of these players. You have to use CDRs not CDRWs in this player. I have used Imation and Verbatim with great success.
    Quote Quote  
  24. <TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
    On 2001-07-17 17:15:40, LDM wrote:
    I have one of these players. You have to use CDRs not CDRWs in this player. I have used Imation and Verbatim with great success.
    LDM, what software did you use to burn your VCD's for the S7000? Any tips or advice?
    Quote Quote  
  25. I have used EZCD and Nero. Better results with Nero.
    Quote Quote  
  26. <TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
    On 2001-07-18 08:23:55, LDM wrote:
    I have used EZCD and Nero. Better results with Nero.

Thanks. I have not had any luck so far with EZ CD, but it sounds like the media might be the main problem. Are the CD's you've burned silver? The TDK's I've been using are green. Did you burn yours at a lower speed as well?

Thanks...
    Quote Quote  
  27. The Imations are silver. But the Verbatums are blue. I had limited luck with EZCD. Give Nero a try, worked better for me. You could try burning an audio CD first with your media if it plays that, the media is not the problem.
    Quote Quote  
  28. <TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
    On 2001-07-18 15:19:05, LDM wrote:
    The Imations are silver. But the Verbatums are blue. I had limited luck with EZCD. Give Nero a try, worked better for me. You could try burning an audio CD first with your media if it plays that, the media is not the problem.

I've been successful with audio CD's with EZ CD, and the discs I'm using now. Someone told me that just because an audio cd worked, it didn't mean a VCD would. My Sony S7000 recognizes that these disks are VCD, but does not find any tracks...
    Quote Quote  
  29. I have EZ CD Creator, Direct CD and Nero installed together. I had to install NERO FIRST and then install CD Creator and Direct CD. I am running Windows ME and I find that Nero is better for VCD and SVCD, as i have had a few MPEGS that EZ CD Creator said could not be used for VCD but Nero burned them fine. NERO gets my vote. If Nero is giving anyone trouble, you might want to turn Auto insert notification off if it isnt already
    Quote Quote