VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello,

I have no say in what type of puter I use and now I'm stuck with a Mac. Not that I'm complaining... after all begars can't be chooser.

However my dilema is this... I have "a lot" of mpg home movies that I need to burn onto DVDs. My favorite tool was TMPGenc DVD Author on the PC.

Does anyone know of a tool I can use to author DVD on the Mac like TMPGenc DVD Author on the PC where my MPG files are not authored by the time, but rather by the size?

Thanks in advance for any help.
    Axs.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Depends on what you want to do.

FFmpegx is "VERY" Similar

there is also Sizzle for free/simple dvd authoring. DVDStudioPro as well as the Final Cut suite are excellent but more $$

But for most "home" made .mpeg to DVD i use Sizzle since its quick and dirty
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Toast Titanium 6.x can also easily make DVDs from anything you can get playing in QuickTime, including MPG. For divx to DVD, you'd need to install the xvid QT codec, or the one from divx.com.
    I like systems, their application excepted. (George Sand, translated from French), "J'aime beaucoup les systèmes, le cas d'application excepté."
    Quote Quote  
  4. to make things really short...

there is nothing on the mac that has the quality and features of tmpgenc dvd author. this is sad but true and pegasys doesn't wanna change that with a port of their software.

i must admit that on windows are some very cool apps we hardly miss on the mac platform
    Quote Quote