VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3
Thread
  1. ooops sorry,
    Soundforge would require the AC3 plugin.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Do you know where I may be able to get the Plug in?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    sony doesnt list it anymore as a seperate item .. only if you buy acid is it listed at all --

that i could find
    "Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems." - Rene Descartes (1596-1650)
    Quote Quote  
  4. I don't know what version of Premiere Pro you have, but I have 1.5. In 1.5 you have a dolby encoder called Surcode as a trial already built in. It is a demo and you get 3 trial exports before you have to license it (US $295). If you haven't used them up then use it but before careful... you only have 3.

In premiere...
    go to file... export... Adobe Media Encoder.
    Select to export DVD with what ever setting you like. Before you continue click on the Audio portion and change the output to Dolby. Then encoder will show and have all the settings for AC3 audio. It also tells you how many free times you have left.

Maybe this will get you by without having to use anything else.

_
    Quote Quote  
  5. This isn't much help, but here is what I found with google.
    I got this post from here
    ----------------------
    SUBJECT: Re: Evaluation Sound Forge 7
    I feel the Sony NR is the better tool. Sound Forge 7 does not do AC-3 unless you buy the plug-in separate. It does encode AC-3 if you have Vegas+DVD-A, though.
    -- JPF
    ----------------------

Heres another post that talks about DVD Architect will enable Soundforge to do AC3.
    here

Doesn't look like that's much of a plugin if you have to buy the whole program.

Moderators:
    Also if you look here https://www.videohelp.com/tools?tool=Sound_Forge
    under the "tools features convert" they mention AC3. Maybe that should be changed to sepecify plugin(DVD Architect) needed so not to confuse people
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    RB4580, from the site that you have posted I could see that:

except for compilations you videos are 30-45 min in lenght so go with regular wav/PCM sound (plenty of space)

don't panic. this is typical here (information overload) and everybody disagrees with everybody, standards are beeing reverse engineered and rewritten here as some please so just stick to your guns and use what works: PCM sound, no software or plugin needed to finish the disc

for future reference, on longest videos use AC3 sound as it will save space and allow to maintain highest video quality

commercial pressing is done on 9GB discs so whatever sound you choose you'll have enough space (feature movies carry 3 soundtracks and more so there is plenty of options avail. as you see)

get a better video editor for your future projects as he should be your source of info, not this website. He/she should get in touch with the presser and iron out all of the technical stuff, not you!

plenty of software available for video and sound encoding incl. AC3, Vegas would be one of the least expensive

even Pinnacle Studio 9 Plus can do pro AC3 encoding (licensed from Dolby, not home brewed).

your editor should have all the tools needed, but stick with basic, you dont need pro panning in simple AC3 DD 2.0.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I ONLY USE PCM, when the video is say less than 2GB and I have lots of room on the disc to spare.

Reason, is some player refuse to play a DVD that is under 3GB.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by BSR
    This isn't much help, but here is what I found with google.
    I got this post from here
    ----------------------
    SUBJECT: Re: Evaluation Sound Forge 7
    I feel the Sony NR is the better tool. Sound Forge 7 does not do AC-3 unless you buy the plug-in separate. It does encode AC-3 if you have Vegas+DVD-A, though.
    -- JPF
    ----------------------

Heres another post that talks about DVD Architect will enable Soundforge to do AC3.
    here

Doesn't look like that's much of a plugin if you have to buy the whole program.

Moderators:
    Also if you look here https://www.videohelp.com/tools?tool=Sound_Forge
    under the "tools features convert" they mention AC3. Maybe that should be changed to sepecify plugin(DVD Architect) needed so not to confuse people

you used to be able to buy the plug in by itself ....
    "Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems." - Rene Descartes (1596-1650)
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by lordsmurf
    MPEG Layer II is not "PAL sound". That is by far the most dumbass thing I've read all month long.
    What's the Vegas line on dumber comments being made by the end of March? Its only the 4th. I got $20 that says a dumber one will appear
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    it might be not a pal sound , but it might still be pretty friendly ?

(does that qualify?)
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by BJ_M
    it might be not a pal sound , but it might still be pretty friendly ?

(does that qualify?)
    We have a new leader!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by axolotls
    I ONLY USE PCM, when the video is say less than 2GB and I have lots of room on the disc to spare.

Reason, is some player refuse to play a DVD that is under 3GB.
    I have never heard of a dvd player that refused to play a dvd because it was under 3GB.

There was an issue with having to "finalize" discs under 1GB - but never seen a 3GB issue
    George
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    There are some screwed up players out there that do things like this (require 3GB). Not heard about these in a long time, and they were old then. I never worry about that. Those players are out-of-spec, not of my concern. They should buy something that works properly.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    there is one model of the malita that will not play anything under 2GB
    Quote Quote