VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. anyone knows where i can get a copy ofthe owner's manual for pioneer dvr-225? i misplaced it and want to know how i can adjust the brightness/contrast bc the video comes out very dark after it's burned onto discs. also, i want to know how i can change the rendered space to 8 hours. thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It will be very similar to the DVR-310-S manual you can download here:
    http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/product/manual/0,,2076_4279,00.html

The maximum record time to a DVD with Pioneer is 6 hours.
    Quote Quote  
  3. thanks for the link.. i thought i was able to set a 8 hour max. if i use the "rec mode" button, i'm only able to set 6h8m with ep mode. however, i'm pretty sure i was able to set more than 6 hours with a horizontal drag bar.

also, is it possible to adjust the brightness/contrast on the dvd recorder? seems like the recent video i transferred from vhs to dvd came out quite dark. the faces were dark and the lights were kinda flare, during parts where it was taped on indoor settings. even outdoor settings were kinda dim. as far as i know, i didn't touch the brightness/contrast, if it's even possible to adjust. btw, the input comes directly from the vcr thru composite.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a DVR-510H so I don't know how this might be different on the 225. In the main menu there is a Video settings option. In there are six setting options. Three are preset and three can be customized for individual picture quality. You are able to see the changes in the picture as you make the adjustments to the custom settings.
    Quote Quote  
  5. this is what i have from the main menu, in terms of video adjustments/settings.. what should i choose if my source is from the vcr? if the source is vcr, but it's set to ldp, does it matter or have any effect on the picture auality (brightness, etc)? i just seems like recently anything i transfer to dvd-r seems to be so dim. if the color is bright colors (red, orange, gold, etc), it's really bright and kinda flare. this never happened in the past. as far as i know, i never touched any of those settings before, but the recent transfer were so poor. thanks!

Home Menu
    Video/Audio Adjust
    Video Adjust
    L1
    Memory 1 (Detailed Settings)
    Memory 2 (Detailed Settings)
    Memory 3 (Detailed Settings)
    Tuner
    VCR
    LDP
    Quote Quote