VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. recently after i burn my video_ts folder with toast the dvd shows a digital glitch line at the bottom of the screen which takes up about a quarter of the screen. this distortion does not appear on the dvd when i preview it with apple dvd...so, i think its happening in toast...not sure. but it only happens with every other dvd and its only been happening for the past two weeks. also some dvd stutter or skip frames with fast images like fire or running.

any help would be appreciated.

thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What's the source? Post any screenshots you can (use VLC so Grab.app works).
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Try burning at a slower speed or switching to another brand of DVD-R media. I would recommend Ritek/RiData or Taiyo Yuden media.
    I like systems, their application excepted. (George Sand, translated from French), "J'aime beaucoup les systèmes, le cas d'application excepté."
    Quote Quote  
  4. the lines only appear on the external dvd player the dvd plays fine on apple dvd...??? ummm, im using ffmpex and toast to burn. this only seems to happen with some dvds but it seems to be increasing!
    Quote Quote  
  5. thanks ill give it a try
    Quote Quote  
  6. well, i gave it a try and i encoded the dvds again and burnt them with tdk and victor jvc dvd-r`s and still glitchy line or with a couple of them the entire screen is covered in these green or blue lines, however the sound is audible...as i said this is not visible on the video_ts folder when the file is previewed with apple dvd....so, any ideas people?

thanks in advance for any help
    Quote Quote