VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hi guys. Have just installed new HDD, re-installed XP, re-installed Shrink 3.2. When finishing transcoding in Shrink though, am getting a message box with the message "checking discs.............." continuing through till I click "cancel". Also self ejects the disc. Wasn't getting these before. Any ideas what are, and how to re-set these little annoyances ? There doesn't seem to be anything in Shrink preferences about these. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    still haven't figured this one out. Did a rip at midnight then dosed off. Woke up next morning, disc ejected, and still 'checking discs......' working away on its own. Any ideas guys ? pretty please...........
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by cyflyer
    still haven't figured this one out. Did a rip at midnight then dosed off. Woke up next morning, disc ejected, and still 'checking discs......' working away on its own. Any ideas guys ? pretty please...........
    Did you set up DVD Shrink to burn after shrinking? What device is selected as the output drive?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks jyn.
    Didn't change any settings from default. But in 'file I/O' the 'enable burning with nero' is ticked. Is that what is causing it ?
    Output and input device is same. I have only one dvd drive. It was exactly the same set up before.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by cyflyer
    Thanks jyn.
    Didn't change any settings from default. But in 'file I/O' the 'enable burning with nero' is ticked. Is that what is causing it ?
    Output and input device is same. I have only one dvd drive. It was exactly the same set up before.
    The option to "enable burning with Nero" is really mostly intended for people who have two DVD drives. Or, for those who plan to babysit. If you check that option, it will auto-start Nero, look for a blank DVD in your second drive, and begin to burn, with no intervention required.

IF it does not find a blank DVD disc (which is what happens in your case), it just keeps trying, and trying, and trying, and trying... forever. No harm is done, since the files have now been ripped. It is wasting resources, and probably a bit of that DVD drive's laser, every time it checks.

-Bruce in Chi-Town
    Quote Quote