VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    why there are NO cheap CMC magnetics DVD+R DL media...
    no competition at all.....on the market

how long we will wait....?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I haven't seen any DL discs available with CMC's own MID code but discs produced by CMC developed by Philips (MID code: PHILIPS.CD2) are available. For example Imation DL and some Memorex discs have been reported to be PHILIPS.CD2. They're not really cheaper though...
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Considering the quality of CMC's SL media, why would you want any CMC DL media? It's doubtful any DL media will be better than Verbatim's unless Taiyo Yuden starts DL production.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    well its about production, if ur plant cant put enough out then u wont see it but very few places
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Manufacturers have not perfected the stamping process, as a result yeild on production is low. This keeps prices high. There were some threads over at http://club.cdfreaks.com that discussed this (actual percentages and such).
    Some people say dog is mans best friend. I say that man is dog's best slave... At least that is what my dogs think.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Some haven't even perfected SL process.
    <cough, cough>CMC<cough, cough>
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    LOL

true true

cmc is hit or miss, u might get lucky and get a good spindle, but most likely u wont

maybe 1 out of 10 spindles will be ok meida (not good by any standards) and the other 9 will be garbage on cmc dvd media
    Quote Quote  
  8. I've had 30+ CMC spindles, I'm still looking for that elusive 'garbage' spindle that seems so legendary according to some, I've yet to have found a bad spindle. I've backed this up with proof in PI/PO scans and Transfer rate tests time and again on here, I test almost EVERY disc I burn and save alot of my scans (I've got about 500 PI/PO scans), the discs NEVER have playback issues, and this includes a large number of discs that were burned about 20 months or so ago. It's easy to say that a product is junk, but I've shown MANY MANY times on here that CMC is simply not junk, in fact it's GOOD media.

I have no motivation or reason to be biased towards one type of media or another, I just have experienced ZERO issues with CMC media, and I've burned a TON of it. There's also people on CDfreaks that are some of the most experienced and knowledgeable people on the subject and have found CMC to be fine as well, so it's not as if I'm the only person that has found this to be the case.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    see cmc was good till that hp spindle, i had to change the write strag to get them to work

if i didnt that whole 100pack would have gone in the trash
    Quote Quote  
  10. Some haven't even perfected SL process.
    <cough, cough>CMC<cough, cough>
    I don't agree. I think CMC has improved since the 4x -R media time. Also, for many burners the firmware was improved for CMC media.

Old 1x CMC -R media (mixed/poor):
    https://www.videohelp.com/dvdmedia.php?dvdmediasearch=&dvdmediadvdridsearch=cmc&type=1&...+or+List+Media

For example, 8x CMC -R media (good):
    https://www.videohelp.com/dvdmedia.php?dvdmediasearch=&dvdmediadvdridsearch=cmc&type=1&...+or+List+Media

CMC is simply not junk, in fact it's GOOD media.
    I agree to that.
    Quote Quote  
  11. I used CMC cd's only, and piece of s,,,,,half was garbage I would never used any dvd with that code on it.

Quote Quote  
  12. The truth is, CMC is CAPABLE of producing good quality media, both CD and DVD. Like RiTEK, if you buy good quality brand names, generally you'll get the good quality stuff.

Regards,
    TerminalVeloCD
    Currently own:
    * ASUS CRW-5232AS 'QuieTrak'
    * JLMS XJ-HD165H
    * LiteON LTR-32123S, LTR-52327S, SOHR-5238S
    * NEC ND-2500A@2510A, ND-3500A, ND-3520A
    * Pioneer DVR-107D, DVR-108, DVR-109
    Quote Quote  
  13. The truth is, CMC is CAPABLE of producing good quality media, both CD and DVD. Like RiTEK, if you buy good quality brand names, generally you'll get the good quality stuff.
    I agree. I think, in the list "Media ID Quality Guide" under
    http://www.digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm
    newer CMC media should be promoted to the same group as newer Ritek, and that would be "2ND CLASS MEDIA Decent discs".

Others seem to have a positive opinion about CMC, too. See:
    http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?p=693045#post693045
    Quote Quote