+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5
FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Thread
  1. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by BJ_M
    Originally Posted by DereX888
    how come there are so many idiots in there world?
    <sigh>
    incredible
    who are you referring to ?
    no worries, i didn't mean you lol

skank like courtneys/britneys of the world etc...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by NamPla
    Courtney Skank-Hole is just a Nancy Spungeon try-hard image glam yuppie poof.

And Nancy Sponge-Hole is just a jewish skank-ass junkie groupie idiot.

By the way, I think DARK THRONE are ******* awesome!

You are in breach of the forum rules and are being issued with a formal warning.
    / Moderator BJ_M >>> no religion etc .. including defamatory remarks like that
    Whoopsie! Sorry about that!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Actually, most authors are not paying back the advance from their last novel because publishers are smart enough to tally up sales up previous works and make a judgement on what they can afford to give the author based on that. Authors like Terry Pratchett, who have dozens of novels in the marketplace anyway, go that one step further and ask for next to nothing in advance, just a bigger share of the royalties.

Compared to musicians, though, authors and actors are paid like gods. Which is a slap in the face when you consider that it is far cheaper to manufacture and distribute CDs than it ever will be to do the same with books or films. 1000 CDs cost a lot less to ship than do 1000 film prints or hardcover books. Hell, I'd even wager 1000 CDs cost less to ship than 1000 paperback books.

And I agree, Courtney Love is little more than a disgusting Nancy-Spungen-wannabe. You have to be pretty darned low to be a Nancy-Spungen-wannabe, too. Even lower than it takes to be a Sid-Vicious-wannabe like her loser idiot hubby. I remember reading so many quotes from former Sex Pistols members that Sid couldn't play a note. Compared to the likes of Nirvana, he may as well have been Jimi Hendrix.
    "It's getting to the point now when I'm with you, I no longer want to have something stuck in my eye..."
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I guess what got me so drunkenly cynical was the fact that there's a thousand bands out there that kick ass & play the best r'n'r music in human history, except they are "UNCOMMERCIAL" so therefore will never make a penny. But don't let that corrupt you, they are still the BEST.

It's not a matter of "Personal Taste"...

It's FACT.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Nilfennasion
    And I agree, Courtney Love is little more than a disgusting Nancy-Spungen-wannabe. You have to be pretty darned low to be a Nancy-Spungen-wannabe, too.
    If you want to make money, have no better idea and are limited by a low number of talents nature gave you... you do your best to survive. Question is who buys that stuff...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by proxyx99
    Originally Posted by Nilfennasion
    And I agree, Courtney Love is little more than a disgusting Nancy-Spungen-wannabe. You have to be pretty darned low to be a Nancy-Spungen-wannabe, too.
    If you want to make money, have no better idea and are limited by a low number of talents nature gave you... you do your best to survive. Question is who buys that stuff...
    Exactly. The human race is a disgrace.
    Quote Quote