VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I will be really upset if they cancel it. It's one of my favorite FOX shows now.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It's really quite boring.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I guess it's an acquired taste.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Very true.
    I didn't have it. I had it.
    And now I don't have it again.

With American Dad and Family Guy in the future,
    they have to cut something. This is likely it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Very true. Actually it's funny because I didn't watch the show for the first few weeks and then watched a couple of episodes in the first season and got hooked. Since then I don't miss it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,

Um....

BAN FOX.....

Nothing worth watching since XFILES went off - and then it was only good up until Duchovny left.....

Kevin
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Its a real shame if this gets cancelled. True, it is an aquired taste. I started watching it from the beginning and love it. Have the DVD. Its a great show and it sucks that the ratings aren't too good. The good thing is that it does get acknowledged as evident by the awards it got.
    His name was MackemX

What kind of a man are you? The guy is unconscious in a coma and you don't have the guts to kiss his girlfriend?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It really is a good a show but the real problem is just the amount of viewers for the show. I need to get the first season DVD. Guess it's out now. I also want to get the DVD's for USA's Monk which is another one of my favorite shows.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Fox sucks. They cancel John Doe and bring back Family Guy. All their shows are tasteless and totally disgusting.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I watched "Arrested" a couple of times, it seems pretty funny, but at the same time, I felt it was something that might get cancelled. Fox has a long history of cancelling shows almost before they get out of the gate (as do other networks).

I liked "The Lone Gunmen" - the spinoff from X Files, and watched it on a regular basis. Then, at the end of the first season, they left with a cliffhanger ep to be continued at the beginning of the next season. Except there was no "next season". The show was cancelled.

Now I tend to wait until a show is in its second or third season before I start to watch, because I can always go back and watch the reruns of the first seasons and not get disappointed by early cancellation.
    Ethernet (n): something used to catch the etherbunny
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    That's what I call playing it safe.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Arrested development is a great show.....fox is retarded if they cancel it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    American Dad was awful. It makes me very worried that the new Family Guy series may be much more tame than before. One of the reruns they were running was edited for content and took out some of the dirty humor. I liked Family Guy for its edgy humor. It always seemed like it somehow got past the censors and that was cool. If they drop Arrested Development for American Dad I'll be sorely disappointed.

The rumors about it being cancelled are from something David Cross alluded to on a talk show somewhere but he may very well have been joking about the show getting the axe just because Fox is notorious for cancelling good shows. I don't think the show is going anywhere after the Golden Globe nominations after its first year.
    FB-DIMM are the real cause of global warming
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by rallynavvie
    American Dad was awful. It makes me very worried that the new Family Guy series may be much more tame than before. One of the reruns they were running was edited for content and took out some of the dirty humor. I liked Family Guy for its edgy humor. It always seemed like it somehow got past the censors and that was cool. If they drop Arrested Development for American Dad I'll be sorely disappointed.

The rumors about it being cancelled are from something David Cross alluded to on a talk show somewhere but he may very well have been joking about the show getting the axe just because Fox is notorious for cancelling good shows. I don't think the show is going anywhere after the Golden Globe nominations after its first year.
    I hope you're right...for the love of God, I hope you're right.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Forum Troll
    Fox sucks. All their shows are tasteless and totally disgusting.
    Yeah, but that's why I watch them so much.

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    And you work so hard at gathering the gay simpsons pics from Sunday's episode.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by rallynavvie
    American Dad was awful.
    .... I thought it was great.

Most people have. Yours is actually the VERY FIRST negative comments I've seen to date. I guess it was only a matter of time.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I thought I'd like anything Seth MacFarlane wrote but I thought American Dad felt like it was trying to be Family Guy. Normally I like crazy excess (like Aqua Teen) but the alien and talking fish just seemed written in, like a quick parallel to Stewie and Brian in Family Guy. I hope Family Guy doesn't suffer having him write for both shows.
    Quote Quote  
  19. I miss Roswell, I don't know why they canceled it. There has been tons of letters of complaint for the cancellation of the show... Also, the Dvd sets are selling like hotcakes.

I hope they reconsider it in a near future.
    1f U c4n r34d 7h1s, U r34lly n33d 2 g3t l41d!!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    i must agree with rallynavvie
    American Dad was a horrible pile of turd......
    Family Guy is one of the best shows ever, but American Dad just seemed like a CHEAP rip-off....
    if you're gonna rip something off, at least try to do it well
    "To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism; to steal from many is research." - Steven Wright
    "Megalomaniacal, and harder than the rest!"
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Given the alternatives, it's one of the best new shows I've seen so far.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by MeDiCo_BrUjO
    I miss Roswell, I don't know why they canceled it. :evil: There has been tons of letters of complaint for the cancellation of the show... Also, the Dvd sets are selling like hotcakes.

I hope they reconsider it in a near future. :roll:
    Wasn't Roswell on the WB not fox?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I had heard great things about Arressted Development so when I got a chance to watch it I did. It sucks, not even remotely entertaining. I watched for about 20min and didn't even finish it, I switched over to the history channel instead.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Smearbrick1 Wrote:

Yes, In the States Roswell was transmitted in the WB I think, down here in Latin America, FOX Latin America Transmitted Roswell.
    I don't understand why the networks switch shows, but here in Fox you can see Roswell, in SETLA (Sony entertainment Television) you can see That 70's Show, Will & Grace, SNL, and Friends!.

Weird thing, because we also have WB.
    1f U c4n r34d 7h1s, U r34lly n33d 2 g3t l41d!!!
    Quote Quote  
  25. If it's a syndicated show it's on whatever network is willing to pay the most for the rights.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Looks like your whiny cry-baby letter writing campaign worked.

http://www.fox.com/arresteddev/
    Nothing can stop me now, 'cause I don't care anymore.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    portia de rossi is a lesbian? damn.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The rumors of it being cancelled were just that: rumors. Nothing substantiated about it being cancelled. The rumors came from David Cross joking about it on a late night show.

On the other side of things American Dad is redeeming itself a little more to me. It was pretty funny to hear Patrick Stewart saying "reach around" on last Sunday's episode.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by MeDiCo_BrUjO
    Smearbrick1 Wrote:

Yes, In the States Roswell was transmitted in the WB I think, down here in Latin America, FOX Latin America Transmitted Roswell.
    I don't understand why the networks switch shows, but here in Fox you can see Roswell, in SETLA (Sony entertainment Television) you can see That 70's Show, Will & Grace, SNL, and Friends!.

Weird thing, because we also have WB.
    The final season was broadcast on UPN here in the States. What a great show that was. Ah, well. At least I get to see Katherine Heigl on Grey's Anatomy.

As for Arrested Develeopment, it's been confirmed that it will be back. I'm glad for the fans of this show, but for the life of me I don't see what all the fuss is about. To each his/her own.
    Quote Quote