Page 1 of 7
1 2 3 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Someone want to sticky this?

------------------------------------

ANNOUNCEMENT:

If you are having trouble copying any of the following movies, it is because they have the new Sony Arccos protection. Simple steps to defeat it follow the list:

Note: I'll add to this message as new titles that use this protection appear. I also offhand only remember one or two of the Arccos titles from Region 2, so anyone that wants to remind me or add to the list, go ahead!

Region 1:
    - Resident Evil: Apocalypse
    - The Grudge
    - Friday Night Lights
    - Little Black Book
    - Alien Vs. Predator
    - The Forgotten
    - Ray

Parts of Region 2:
    - House of Sand and Fog

-----------------------------------------

Defeating this protection is absurdly simple. You have three options:

1. Use the latest DVD Decrypter to rip.
    A minor glitch indicates that SOME people have problems with a 3-minute-long black area at the beginning of the movie. This is actually where the FBI screens and idiot-filler might otherwise be. Toggling "ignore mastering errors" off and on might help. If not, you can zap this using DVD Shrink after you've ripped, in remastering mode.

2. Use the latest AnyDVD.

3. Use the latest Vobblanker.

-------------------------------------

Ok that is all. Have a nice day. Anyone else who posts about any of these movies will be summarily SHOT.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Hi there, I don't know if anyone has had this problem before but I cannot backup my copy of Alien vs Predator for my pre-schooler. I keep getting this 3 minute black screen and I have absolutely no idea whatsoever in the whole world what to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe this is some new form of copy protection that no one has ever run into before??????????

And why can't I back this up to a CD-R? And what is the difference between this + and - stuff anyway? Why can't I get these copies to play on my 7 year old Dung Quo player? I paid $40 for it and I really don't think I should have to buy new equipment after only 7 years; what the heck can't these guys make something that will last.

Oh, and by the way, I am thinking of getting a new burner. Would all of you give me your analysis of all the burners out there so I can just buy the right one? And why can't my 16X burner read at 16X? I think I should be able to burn anything at 16X. I am probably going to start a class action suit.

Oh yah, one last thing, how long will these copies last anyway?

:P
    Still a few bugs in the system...
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by chas0039
    I cannot backup my copy of Alien vs Predator for my pre-schooler.
    Great movie for a pre-schooler..

Might want to get some Baby Einstien titles for them instead
    tgpo famous MAC commercial, You be the judge?
    Originally Posted by jagabo
    I use the FixEverythingThat'sWrongWithThisVideo() filter. Works perfectly every time.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Chas,

If you really thinking of getting rid that Dung Quo player, I will buy it off you. I have been looking to upgrade my 9 year old player to something a little more compatible with all this new burn it yourself stuff, but I don't want to end up on the 'bleeding edge' by buying something brand new. Who knows if DVD's will even catch on???

Oh, if you do figure out how to get rid of that 3 minute thing, please PM me, I have been having problems with this also.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by chas0039
    Hi there, I don't know if anyone has had this problem before but I cannot backup my copy of Alien vs Predator for my pre-schooler. I keep getting this 3 minute black screen and I have absolutely no idea whatsoever in the whole world what to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe this is some new form of copy protection that no one has ever run into before??????????

And why can't I back this up to a CD-R? And what is the difference between this + and - stuff anyway? Why can't I get these copyies to play on my 7 year old Dung Quo player? I paid $40 for it and I really don't think I should have to buy new equipment after only 7 years; what the heck can't these guys make something that will last.

Oh, and by the way, I am thinking of getting a new burner. Would all of you give me your analysis of all the burners out there so I can just buy the right one? And why can't my 16X burner read at 16X? I think I should be able to burn anything at 16X. I am probably going to start a class action suit.

Nice. 8)

Sadly, this is all happens in the forum, mostly the past 2-3 months.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by chas0039
    Hi there, I don't know if anyone has had this problem before but I cannot backup my copy of Alien vs Predator for my pre-schooler. I keep getting this 3 minute black screen and I have absolutely no idea whatsoever in the whole world what to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And why can't I back this up to a CD-R? And what is the difference between this + and - stuff anyway? Why can't I get these copies to play on my 7 year old Dung Quo player? I paid $40 for it and I really don't think I should have to buy new equipment after only 7 years; what the heck can't these guys make something that will last.

That was great, ab soul lootly fantastic...

Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Gurm
    Someone want to sticky this?

------------------------------------

ANNOUNCEMENT:

If you are having trouble copying any of the following movies, it is because they have the new Sony Arccos protection. Simple steps to defeat it follow the list:

Note: I'll add to this message as new titles that use this protection appear. I also offhand only remember one or two of the Arccos titles from Region 2, so anyone that wants to remind me or add to the list, go ahead!

Region 1:
    - The Grudge
    - Friday Night Lights
    - Little Black Book
    - Alien Vs. Predator
    - The Forgotten

Parts of Region 2:
    - House of Sand and Fog

-----------------------------------------

Defeating this protection is absurdly simple. You have three options:

1. Use the latest DVD Decrypter to rip.
    A minor glitch indicates that SOME people have problems with a 3-minute-long black area at the beginning of the movie. This is actually where the FBI screens and idiot-filler might otherwise be. Toggling "ignore mastering errors" off and on might help. If not, you can zap this using DVD Shrink after you've ripped, in remastering mode.

2. Use the latest AnyDVD.

3. Use the latest Vobblanker.

-------------------------------------

Ok that is all. Have a nice day. Anyone else who posts about any of these movies will be summarily SHOT.
    You can add 'Ray' to the Region 1 list!
    Quote Quote  
  8. on a side note,its actually easy to use any version of dvd2one for beating this protection as well.
    when you have picked source and destination,you will get the screen with cells/chapters.
    pick cells and uncheck all the crappy ones with either 33meg/66meg/67meg//0meg*,or other strange sizes.then proceed(but dont change this screen for chapters,as that resets it).
    the latest i tried was resident evil2,and it had about 10 of them at the start of the film,and about 3 throughout.

*if you run it through vobblanker,they will have a set size of 0meg,then in dvd2one,they can be unchecked.

and add resident evil-apocalypse to the region 2 list as well.-except they have changed the protection from the region 1 release,but still uber easy to remove.
    LifeStudies 1.01 - The Angle Of The Dangle Is Indirectly Proportionate To The Heat Of The Beat,Provided The Mass Of The Ass Is Constant.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Is all this really about some new copy protection - or just poorly executed dynamic branching in these new titles to accomodate the option between viewing the theatrical version or the extended/alternate version. In any event, it sure makes the original dvd play terribly, with pauses and hesitations all over the place if you choose the alternate/extended version.

They back up just fine with the latest DVDDeCryptor. DVDShrink then re-authors just fine and can trim the blank space at the beginning of "The Forgotten" with the "set start/end frames" option.

Then burn with your favorite program . . .
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Rule number one, never, ever start reading a post like this while eating ice-cream. When you can't stop laughing, the ice-cream has no where to go except out your nose!
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by Gurm
    Anyone else who posts about any of these movies will be summarily SHOT.
    Please don't shoot. I had no trouble at all with Alien versus Predator. But I don't need menus and other crap, just gimme the movie. Reauthor in DVDShrink, re-encode with DVDRebuilder, no problem.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  12. Hi,
    just wanted to let you know i had no problem ripping Resident Evil : Apocalypse with the last DVD Decrypter version and since i made my pioneer 104S RPC1 it's really easy. 8)
    Quote Quote  
  13. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Ok, now see people are just posting silliness.

ALEXGEO:

Of course you don't have a problem. Which part of "the latest DVD Decrypter rips these with no problem" was confusing you?

FRITZI93:

Again, if you're using current software, you won't have a problem at all.

RICH86:

Yes it is definitely a new copy protection. Yes, we're 100% sure.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by alexgeo
    Hi,
    just wanted to let you know i had no problem ripping Resident Evil : Apocalypse with the last DVD Decrypter version and since i made my pioneer 104S RPC1 it's really easy. 8)
    I was also able to rup Resident Evil 2 (Region 2) with the latest DVD Decrypter, however, i got messages like "possible structure found" and " Dummy sectors will be inserted where necessary."

DVD Decypter copied these dummy files across. The movie plays fine from my hard drive, but i guess i will use titlesetblanker to blank out any additional vobs just to be on the safe side before burning to disc.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    ARGH.

Ok, you're all making me insane here.

Let me say it one more time.

YES, DVD DECRYPTER WILL COPY THESE JUST FINE THAT WAS THE ENTIRE POINT OF THIS THREAD SO THAT YOU DIDN'T HAVE TO KEEP POSTING SAYING "THEY COPY JUST FINE WITH DVD DECRYPTER".

Jumping Jesus on a Pogo Stick!
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by Gurm
    Ok, now see people are just posting silliness.

ALEXGEO:

Of course you don't have a problem. Which part of "the latest DVD Decrypter rips these with no problem" was confusing you?

FRITZI93:

Again, if you're using current software, you won't have a problem at all.

RICH86:

Yes it is definitely a new copy protection. Yes, we're 100% sure.
    Perhaps I wasn't clear. DVDShrink only, no DVDDecrypter. Reauthor, not whole disc, perhaps that's why I had no problem. (?)
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ARGH.

YES, DVD DECRYPTER WILL COPY THESE JUST FINE THAT WAS THE ENTIRE POINT OF THIS THREAD SO THAT YOU DIDN'T HAVE TO KEEP POSTING SAYING "THEY COPY JUST FINE WITH DVD DECRYPTER".

Gurm thx for the (currently) definitive mini-guide to the new copy protection.

For the idiots that either didnt read or didnt assimilate, it is easier to laugh at them than berate them... 8) 8)

If you berate them they retaliate......argh...
    Quote Quote  
  18. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Ok Fritzi, yes you can just reauthor with DVD Shrink - although some of these discs in some regions Shrink won't even finish the quick one-minute disc scan without an error.

The big blank spot on the disc usually only shows up when you're reauthoring anyway - it's extra space during which the weird structure of these Arccos discs swaps in the "look at all the kizool shizzizzle that paramount put out in the past 100 years" montages and THX logos and whatnot. If you just backup the disc and run it normally you shouldn't ever see it. I hope.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Originally Posted by Gurm
    Ok Fritzi, yes you can just reauthor with DVD Shrink - although some of these discs in some regions Shrink won't even finish the quick one-minute disc scan without an error.

The big blank spot on the disc usually only shows up when you're reauthoring anyway - it's extra space during which the weird structure of these Arccos discs swaps in the "look at all the kizool shizzizzle that paramount put out in the past 100 years" montages and THX logos and whatnot. If you just backup the disc and run it normally you shouldn't ever see it. I hope.
    Thanks for making that clear. I wasn't trying to be a wise guy, it's just I've never had any of the problems others describe.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  20. I have copied all of these movies with no problems just by using Dvdshrink 3.2.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Hammer:

No you haven't.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    DVD Decryper can copy the movie fine to the hard drive without any problems. BUT DVD SHRINK cannot compress the movie.

When i try to open the Resident Evil 2 from the disk, i get the following error:

Reauthor in dvd shrink doesn't even work cos dvd dhrink cannot see the main movie, it just sees all the other titles such as extras.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    waheed,

Use the LATEST version of DVD Decrypter. 3.5.2.0 or later.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Gurm, I am using the latest version of DVD Decrypter (version 3.5.2.0) and latest version of DVD Shrink (version 3.2.0.15).

I deleted the movie and ripped it again to the hard drive, tried to open it with dvd shrink and encountered the following error:

Wierd, because VTS_01_5.VOB doesn't exist, it only goes up to VTS_01_4.VOB for the first titleset.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ARGH.

LOL
    Quote Quote  
  26. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by waheed
    Gurm, I am using the latest version of DVD Decrypter (version 3.5.2.0) and latest version of DVD Shrink (version 3.2.0.15).

I deleted the movie and ripped it again to the hard drive, tried to open it with dvd shrink and encountered the following error:

Wierd, because VTS_01_5.VOB doesn't exist, it only goes up to VTS_01_4.VOB for the first titleset.
    Rip it in ISO mode and open the image with Shrink.

Oh, and turn off "detect mastering errors" in DVD Detector. That just messes this up.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    AVP, with Shrink, I had no problem.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Originally Posted by Gurm
    Rip it in ISO mode and open the image with Shrink.

Oh, and turn off "detect mastering errors" in DVD Detector. That just messes this up.
    Do as Gurm suggests and I can't see that this is much of a problem. There's got to be a limit to how far you can monkey with the structure and still have a DVD-ROM playable on standalones.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  29. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by cyflyer
    AVP, with Shrink, I had no problem.
    Yes you did.

C'mon people. Stop BS'ing. Either you were running AnyDVD or DVD Decrypter, because Shrink alone cannot, in ANY region that I know of, rip AvP. At all. Period.
    Quote Quote  
  30. Is anyone getting sick of all of this yet? New protection on this one and then a new one on that one. Its not gonna end until they get rid of the DVD format which wont happen anytime soon because the old saying is "If its not broke, don't fix it"
    People need to read the guides and make it work. If you cant after the 100th time of trying them ask for help.
    Quote Quote