VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. man! I have a Master's degree in EE but you guys really know your #$@& !! maybe
    'course, my MS degree is in Power Systems, not DSP. I guess those elective DSP classes are still paying off though so I can keep up! sounds like what I have known (feared) all along but really wanted someone to prove it wrong to me is that miniDVD is the best way to go for all around flexibility with preserving the best video (and audio) quality on CDR/W. seems like SVCD is way to go for simplicty but miniDVD allows the cool menus and better sound too. cool thing is I just today located locally a stock of Daewoo 3000N DVD players for $88 that according to others on this forum site and nerd-out plays miniDVD well (maybe not with the menus though; just staight up. can't believe I just stumbled across them b/c I saw one in a cart at a local store. maybe I'll hold out for the 5000n though. black and remote on/off. thanks again. be nice to each other now....
    Quote Quote  
  2. BTW, even though your original audio source is camera and thus is digital mono?, with dubbing software and AC3 sound, isn't it likely there's a way to add your own 5.1 dubbed or overlay sound for effects and such into your own movies?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Kbear:
    "Honestly, Kdiddy, that's a strange attitude for someone who apparently can't read or write very well to cop."

You get funnier by the second, can you say some more dumbsh!t please. Dont get upset because what you are spouting off , IE, your comment about DivX, does not have any relevance to that of the original question. Thanks for the definitions, it is nice to know you can copy & paste from a website. Again, where are these 6 channel digital audio camcorders??..LOL

"Now if you, like Jarry, want the best quality for your DV sources, it makes good sense to encode the audio in AC3 format "

Which I said long time ago in this thread, which is why I shoose miniDVD over SVCD, but again, you just prove my point of which you did not read the thread thoroughly. But Im gonna leave it at that, because as a wise man once said "Dont argue with fools, because from a distance, people can't tell who is who".

Jarry:
    Yes you can add your own effects through the use of Soft Encode, the only software that WAS available to build AC3 streams...It is still out there floating around the net, you just have to look for it.
    Quote Quote