VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. i dunno if this here matches something for this forum but i wonder if there is any app like anydvd for windows? this would help a lot people watching dvds different region coding without making their drive rpc1, if firmware is even available, or ripping the film to the hdd just so they can watch it.

if this kinda app isn't available, would it be possible to write such an app?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Doesn't VLC player let you view DVD's from different regions, I am sure it does.
    As for ripping to hard drive the use MacTheRipper!
    Quote Quote  
  3. vlc is a very bad dvd player with lots of bugs and did i mentioned that i don't wanna use a ripper
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    mplayerOSX also plays DVDs and it also sucks. Why don't you just use a ripper and make the DVDs region-free?
    I like systems, their application excepted. (George Sand, translated from French), "J'aime beaucoup les systèmes, le cas d'application excepté."
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by WiseWeasel
    Why don't you just use a ripper and make the DVDs region-free?
    because i have transcode them or dump stuff and besides that i have to burn it just so i can watch it? besides my sony stand alone dvd player region free but i wanted to use someday a mac mini as a htpc.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by bendermac
    besides that i have to burn it just so i can watch it?
    Why would you have to burn it? Just keep the VIDEO_TS folder and open it in DVD Players
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by [url=https://www.videohelp.com/tools?tool=Windows_Media_Player
    tgpo[/url]]Why would you have to burn it? Just keep the VIDEO_TS folder and open it in DVD Players
    if you buy me a hdd that can hold up to 600 dvds then i'll do it
    Quote Quote