VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. There is a fix avaliable that addresses iTMS problems, export issues, and updates titles to work correctly on 16:9 footage.
    Keeper of the "Unofficial" iMovie FAQ also for the lastest iMovie news click here
    Your source for iMovie answers and what not! ;-)
    Quote Quote  
  2. Dan:
    What's your take on the issues discussed here. Are they bugs or is Apple changing the way iMovie works as a way of ncouraging Final Cut Express or Pro sales?

http://www.sjoki.uta.fi/%7Eshmhav/iMovie_HD_bugs.html

william
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by willrob
    Dan:
    What's your take on the issues discussed here. Are they bugs or is Apple changing the way iMovie works as a way of ncouraging Final Cut Express or Pro sales?

http://www.sjoki.uta.fi/%7Eshmhav/iMovie_HD_bugs.html

william
    iMovie has ALWAYS had a BUTT-load of bugs.
    Version 3 issues
    Version 4 issues

People have been claiming Apple has been trying to drive Final Cut sales for years. The fact is, that because of the way iMovie is designed, it is MUCH different then Final Cut or any other NLE system works. Also do to the underling problems, bad decisions in the past, along with the guy that wrote iMovie 1 & 2 leaving Apple, they have been playing "catch up" for the last 2 years.

I have made enough of an impact being an Apple "helper" and with my web site that the Project Manager for iMovie called me, not too long ago, and we had a LONG discussion about, wants, needs, and direction. I think they are close... but as in all things that are complex... when you simplify them too much you end up in a bad way.

I really think iMovie 5 is a big turning point but... with the addition of HD it really just piled on the potential for problems. The REALLY amusing thing is... if you buy that new Sony HD-FX camcorder it will work with iMovie but NOT Final Cut Pro HD. :P

Actually iMovie 2 works best for just video "stuff". If you want it back Here ya go
    Keeper of the "Unofficial" iMovie FAQ also for the lastest iMovie news click here
    Your source for iMovie answers and what not! ;-)
    Quote Quote