VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    DEAR FRIENDS:
    I have a 4 year old daughter who is in love for the the Disney's character "The little mermaid". After looking very hard unsuccessfully to find the original motion picture dated of 1989, a friend of mine made a copy of it and sent it to me.It came on a file DVD-DivX.avi . Despite my little girl is already learning english as a second language it still hard for her to listen and comprehend all the dialogs. I and my wife are planning to translate it all and put our voices on it. It will be fun for her to be able to understand and moreover, hear the voices of the parents. My question is if it is possible to take off the original voices and put ours? Which software can do it ? Does FCP do it ? Does it need another software to work along ? If it is possible I'm planning to burn a VCD, SVCD or DVD.
    Thanks in advance....
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    if you want to strip *just* the voices, leaving background music, sound effects, etc, there is no easy way to do it.

you can strip out the original audio, and then add your voices, and your own background music, etc. with most any decent video editor - you can do it with Premiere, Vegas, FCP, Ulead etc. etc.
    - housepig
    ----------------
    Housepig Records
    out now:
    Various Artists "Six Doors"
    Unicorn "Playing With Light"
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanks for the advice....I think that I will try to keep the songs, some sound effects and modify the background musics and then put our voices. I can already see that we will have a very hard work. But I will try. After all, it will be a very good editing exercise...hahaha
    Quote Quote  
  4. In general housepig is correct, stripping the voices will be difficult. One attempt could be to use wiretap/audio hijack and Panic's Audion. Audion has a "karaoke" effect which strips the frequencies where human voices usually reside. You will need to rip your audio to mp3, play it through audion with karaoke mode on and capture again through wiretap/audio hijack. You can import the movie into iMovie and use the voice over option with a second audio track. Then you'll have to mix the levels, export the new audio through Quicktime and multiplex in the new track with the original video. And even with all this, the results may still be unsatisfactory. If it is important to you however we are here to help you in the process.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Is there any way of splitting up the AC3 5.1 Dolby into its component tracks? That would make it a lot easier to keep the sound effects and soundtrack, as most of the voices will be on the centre channel. Can mAC3dec do this, or will it just downmix to stereo?
    Go off and rule the universe from beyond the grave. Or check into a psycho ward, whichever comes first, eh?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah, I just did a quick check and it will output six audio files of each of the channels. I tried a bit of The Bourne Identity and the left and right had only sound effects and music, no dialogue, so it should be possible to put them into a simple stereo soundtrack and add new voices with an audio editor like Sound Studio.
    Go off and rule the universe from beyond the grave. Or check into a psycho ward, whichever comes first, eh?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by macmithos
    DEAR FRIENDS:
    I have a 4 year old daughter who is in love for the the Disney's character "The little mermaid". After looking very hard unsuccessfully to find the original motion picture dated of 1989, a friend of mine made a copy of it and sent it to me.It came on a file DVD-DivX.avi .
    You weren't looking too hard apparently:

http://search.ebay.com/little-mermaid-dvd
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/offer-listing/B00001QEE7

instead you chose piracy.

Originally Posted by mhar4
    Is there any way of splitting up the AC3 5.1 Dolby into its component tracks? That would make it a lot easier to keep the sound effects and soundtrack
    With a ripped DivX avi we can't be too sure whether the audio was kept as the 5.1 AC3 or turned into an MP3. The majority of what I have seen use an mp3 audio track. Either way, maybe a mod should lock the thread to give him an opportunity to buy a used disc and get at the 5.1 AC3.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by pixeljammedia

With a ripped DivX avi we can't be too sure whether the audio was kept as the 5.1 AC3 or turned into an MP3. The majority of what I have seen use an mp3 audio track. Either way, maybe a mod should lock the thread to give him an opportunity to buy a used disc and get at the 5.1 AC3.
    Ah, yes, it's a ripped disk. I think going back to the original is the go.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am not planning to become a "pirate". I meant that I didn't find the "translated version" of the movie because it is out of the catalogues in my country. It would be much more easier for me to buy it if I could find it. Chosing for piracy would be to find a person who has the translated version and just rip the original and burn a new one for me . But thanks to "Mr. Pixel Jam", he gave me a good idea of buying the original one at the amazon.com and break my head finding a way to do it with AP3 software or any other one even being a newby on the matter. Unfortunatly the Disney Co. is not selling the translated version anymore and the professional actors who borrow their voices will not get a single $ for the job they did it. Thanks to the ones who tried to help me. I will post a message saying if I was succesfull or not.
    Quote Quote  
  10. It's possible that the English language version, as with many movies, will have other languages available. You haven't said what language you need, but typically there are French and Spanish soundtracks on most DVDs. I'm not sure about the Little Mermaid however,
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm not sure either....I would need a version with Portuguese soundtracks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe go for a second hand disc, similar to this. I can't read the page, but it looks like a user trade site.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The site you've found it is the "Ebay" in Brasil. That page you've saw the Little mermaid DVD (a used one) was already ended (sold). Thanks for the tip.
    Quote Quote