VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a coupon for Dell and I see that they have a variety of Tivo recorders. Can I just use the Tivo deck for recording or do I have to purchase a Tivo subscription for it to work?
    Quote Quote  
  2. You generally need a subscription. Here in the UK you had the option of monthly or lifetime subscription.

You can still use the Tivo without a sub, but you'll get nag screens, will only be able to do manual recordings and will have no EPG info.

Maybe better to go for a DVD/HDD recorder ?
    Webmaster of Area 450, the independent site for owners of Sampo and Maxent DVD products the world over
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by clayts
    You generally need a subscription. Here in the UK you had the option of monthly or lifetime subscription.

You can still use the Tivo without a sub, but you'll get nag screens, will only be able to do manual recordings and will have no EPG info.

Maybe better to go for a DVD/HDD recorder ?
    Looks like a DVD recorder is my only option considering all the annoyances of Tivo.

Thanks for the help
    Quote Quote